This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treefort Civility

Things occasionally get ugly here on TF. Is there a way we can counteract this?
    "I like big butts and I can not lie"
    - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

we're open to suggestions, but so far most suggestions are "ban the people i don't like" which will lead to a forum of like 3 people.

it would be really cool if people just acted like adults.

Comment

Drama, conflict is inevitable. Naturally you're going to meet members you don't like much. But in my opinion, constant harassing of another member shouldn't be tolerated. Especially if they appear to be autistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropical Breeze View Post
        Drama, conflict is inevitable. Naturally you're going to meet members you don't like much. But in my opinion, constant harassing of another member shouldn't be tolerated. Especially if they appear to be autistic.
        I agree that members shouldn't be harassed. However, sometimes a member that appears to be getting harassed will also harass other members.

Comment

-Just dont be a dick
          -Use the internet for positive versus negative interaction

Just a couple of suggestions that seem easy enough, amirite? And yet..

Comment

People need to be shipped off if they are going to only join up just to troll others they know about.

Be stricter with the way how people join.
            For example make them answer a couple of trivia questions first.

It's too easy for trolls to join and ruin the place.

I would rather a smaller membership base even if there were people permanently banned because they kept on breaking the forum's rules.

I'd make it a zero tolerance to any form of bullying.

Comment

I run my own forum. I have a small membership base because of people choosing to troll me 24/7.
              The same 4 people that joined here are doing the exact same thing to me here.
              Infract them and ban them.

They are only here to troll me and to poke fun at me 24/7

They also have their own two free forums

You can also say that they have loads of trouble keeping their forums up because of all the bullying they do on them as well.

Mind you they got banned from another forum that they once were allowed on.

Funny thing was they got banned from it and are sooking about it on their own forums.

Next they come and join this forum and sook about being banned on certain forums.

To those people Fuck off and get a life.

You don't see me sooking about not being able to post on your own forums.

So how about grow a fucking set and pulling your own stupid sooking heads in

Comment

• JVP
                JVP commented
                Editing a comment
                You were carrying on the other day about not being able to post on other people’s forums?

I Suggest You Read My Post In "So, Who Banned Susie And Why"........Post Number 24.....

Cheers Glen.

Comment

GLEN...... and OP1, fighting back in the heat of the moment is one thing. Going out of your way to humiliate another for suppose abuse is quite another.

Comment

• Dr. Doom
                  Dr. Doom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you ...

We need Zen Karma to come and give advice

Comment

Or Skip. Got it!

Comment

• Dr. Doom
                    Dr. Doom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol

Banter is one thing that is harmless.

For example i'd probably only stir up glen if his afl team lost.
                  (don't know who he follows)

I would never bully him or harass him over his life.
                  It's not my business to do that type of thing.

The same would be said if the four people from biggerfooty that joined here decided to be mature.

I'd be giving them shit about their AFL teams.

Not about things they can't control.

Comment

• JVP
                    JVP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like their cat passing away?

A word i'm looking at is RESPECT.
                  There's none of it around when there are people being harassed and bullied.

Comment

• Zman
                    Zman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    People earn respect in life, nobody respects you because you treat most people like shit with your narcissistic attitude. Your motto in life is "it's sooz way or the highyway!"

GLEN...... and OP1, fighting back in the heat of the moment is one thing. Going out of your way to humiliate another for suppose abuse is quite another.
                  The problem is that it's not necessarily fighting back in the heat of the moment. Just because someone gets bullied or harassed doesn't mean that they don't also bully and harass others

Comment

Originally posted by OP1 View Post

The problem is that it's not necessarily fighting back in the heat of the moment. Just because someone gets bullied or harassed doesn't mean that they don't also bully and harass others
                    This is going to sound disgusting but this has been done before.

Imagine you had something that disagreed with you and you couldn't stop farting.
                    You went to a meeting at work and you were farting like anything.

The boss thinks your disgusting and doesn't realise you had something that disagreed with you and starts bullying you over farting in the meeting.

The boss then sacks you because you couldn't stop farting in the meeting.

You go to the management HQ and get your job back because of the being discriminated against because you couldn't help the farting.

Then you go and find out that you are lactose and gluten intolerant due to having this problem all the time.

You change your diet.

You take a tuna tin along to work with you and people complain about the smell of tuna.

You get discriminated over your special diet.

You leave your job because of being harassed by a bunch of arseholes who just didn't like you because you would fart and bring smelly things to eat for lunch.

Comment

Working...
                    X