Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good sheep comes out a good flock

Dunnit

My favorite sheep was kind of a loner. We called him ghost butt, because he literally had a dead ass that was full of maggots. If this existed now I don't think I could have even handled it, but I was like 8 and I just assumed what my parents said was ok was ok.

Comment

• Jessica
      Jessica commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to read this several times. And I'm still absorbing it.

• Osquirrell
      Osquirrell commented
      Editing a comment
      I too had to read this twice in the middle of a dab. almost coughed to death but its ok.. lol

what about the black sheep?

Comment

• Din Djarin
      Din Djarin commented
      Editing a comment
      Color of their wool/hair is irrelevant

Yes, captain Obvious to the rescue.. i know :P

Originally posted by Undies View Post
    My favorite sheep was kind of a loner. We called him ghost butt, because he literally had a dead ass that was full of maggots. If this existed now I don't think I could have even handled it, but I was like 8 and I just assumed what my parents said was ok was ok.
    It's aweful to observe indeed. As basically part of the sheep is being eaten alive.. But.. there are very effective ways to get rid of those maggots
    I was baffled as a kid (when helping my dad with treating maggot infested sheeps) to see the maggots quickly crawl out of and abandon the flesh of those sheep after applying some real effective medicine on their skin.. Ingrained in my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

It's aweful to observe indeed. As basically part of the sheep is being eaten alive.. But.. there are very effective ways to get rid of those maggots
      I was baffled as a kid (when helping my dad with treating maggot infested sheeps) to see the maggots quickly crawl out of and abandon the flesh of those sheep after applying some real effective medicine on their skin.. Ingrained in my brain.
      and now i'm just wondering why we never used any of this medicine. were my parents just monsters or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post

and now i'm just wondering why we never used any of this medicine. were my parents just monsters or something?
        I assume just oblivious How many sheep did they generally keep? My parents and our family lived off keeping sheep so we had a lot and also had to take professional care of them that way of course.
        There were (are) several kinds of medicine for it. Some to prevent (injection) and some to cure (worked on skin, as in my original example).

And.... could also be Ghost butt had been really ill, but had recovered (perhaps through a simple antibiotic cure or something), but the wool did fall out afterwards. Pretty common (rarely falls out allover the body, generally just partially). In combi with losing all fat earlier when she was sick it can appear like she still has maggots/is severely ill.. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

I assume just oblivious How many sheep did they generally keep?
            We only had sheep a couple times. We always had a dozen or two chickens, but in the back field we kind of randomly rotated between a cow or two, two or three pigs, four sheep, or no farm animals. It was never a thing they made a living off of, just something to do because we had a fenced off acre with a shed and I think they felt obligated to use it.

Comment

• Din Djarin
              Din Djarin commented
              Editing a comment
              Well anyway, lots of sheep to take notice of here still (none on my parents property anymore though), and if all skinny looking ones with a bare ass or back because of loosening wool would have maggots a lot of owners would be monsters here But I know that's rarely the case! Just looks similar.

good sheep can come from any flock

same as the bad ones...

its not all genetic

Comment

calm down andy...its just a parody thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica View Post
              The black sheep comes from a gang of sheep not a flock of sheep. ?

Comment

• Jessica
                Jessica commented
                Editing a comment
                that's racist!
            Working...
            X