Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paintings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Paintings

    As art goes, painting is a cornerstone. It's as old as the human need to be occupied and to change their environment to suit them.

    This piece is called Royal Chevy (thought it's clearly a motorcycle, long story). I have looked at this several times since the 80s. It's mesmerizing.
    And it looks like it was made with software that didn't exist then. This came around the time Radio Shack was selling their first computers.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120636%2B%25282%2529.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	550.1 KB
ID:	694

    #2
    hey that IS cool man

    Comment


    • the Riddler
      the Riddler commented
      Editing a comment
      IT IS SSSSOOOO SSSSSSSSOOOOOOO
      SSSSSSSSOOOO

      AWWWWEEEEESSSSSOME.!

    #3
    I have this in my hall by David Mcleod (harbor Lights )
    Last edited by mallyboppa; 06-12-2020, 10:15 AM.

    Comment


      #4
      I like both of the two paintings for different reasons. The first one is completely not my style but I appreciate the very good techniques in it. The second one has more emotion and I like the colours..

      Comment


        #5
        Originally posted by Rebeltramp View Post
        I like both of the two paintings for different reasons. The first one is completely not my style but I appreciate the very good techniques in it. The second one has more emotion and I like the colours..
        So true. The second one puts you in a real place. The first looks like a reflection from a mylar balloon and yet, it demonstrates so much. That's the cool thing about art, there is no established purpose or method. It just happens.

        Comment


          #6
          How would you define "art"? Here is a question.

          Comment


            #7
            Originally posted by Rebeltramp View Post
            How would you define "art"? Here is a question.
            An excellent question!
            Last edited by WritersPanic; 01-18-2021, 12:09 AM.

            Comment


              #8
              I don't bother with defining art. If you think about it, everything a human makes beyond leaf bedding, is art.

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by Rebeltramp View Post
                How would you define "art"? Here is a question.
                Personally I would define art as Having no other practical purpose than to please the senses !

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by mallyboppa View Post

                  Personally I would define art as Having no other practical purpose than to please the senses !
                  Which is why food can be experienced as art, only it doesn't last. Fireworks are the same way!

                  Comment


                    #11
                    What about the mind? Is art only for the senses?

                    I totally get the food thing. I am currently enjoying a small heap of clotted cream with a bit of Nutella in it. Mmmmmmmmm!!!

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Originally posted by Rebeltramp View Post
                      What about the mind? Is art only for the senses?
                      the senses are controlled by the mind (or your brain anyway )

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Originally posted by mallyboppa View Post

                        the senses are controlled by the mind (or your brain anyway )
                        So art is meant to please the mind and then in its turn, the mind gives signal to the senses and we experience "liking" art. So the more it stirs in me, the more I "like" it..

                        Like this for example

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Originally posted by Rebeltramp View Post

                          So art is meant to please the mind and then in its turn, the mind gives signal to the senses and we experience "liking" art. So the more it stirs in me, the more I "like" it..

                          Like this for example

                          Oh man, I'm a huge Floyd fan. Saw them in November 1987 on my 19th birthday! And yes, I was damned stirred.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post

                            Oh man, I'm a huge Floyd fan. Saw them in November 1987 on my 19th birthday! And yes, I was damned stirred.
                            Oh shit you are so lucky! I was still split in two bodies in 1987.. :-( We need a time machine!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X