My brother dresses like a dork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother dresses like a dork

My brother throws on clothes and doesn’t care if it matches or not. It’s bad. He came to my house the other day dressed in Birkenstock sandals with socks, jean shorts, a bright red shirt, a green fleece vest, and a beige bucket hat.

I usually call him out on his ridiculous appearance, and he says he doesn’t care.

One thing he always does is clip his car key fob and air pod case to his front belt loops, where they just dangle there in an obvious way.

The way we dress defines ourselves as individuals. If you dress weird like my brother, people are going to assume negative things about you.

I feel bad being the older sibling and never pressured him to dress better. And tell him why it’s important to put a little effort into your attire even on a casual day.

He’s now in his 30s. Not sure how I can help him at this point.

Not caring what other people think isn't a bad quality to have

Comment

I hate him, then.

Comment

Is he lonely and friendless?

Comment

Originally posted by Youfreeme View Post
        Is he lonely and friendless?
        Not really, he has a few friends. Then again he doesn't go out much, unless I invite him out. Fortunately at his work he wears a white lab coat, so at least he isn't seen dressed weird in his professional life. He has a wife, but she is shy, meek, and very introverted. So her vibe sort of moves onto him.

He recently started taking anti-depressants though. I tell him his life is great and people would kill to be in his position. But he just has a crappy mindset. Studies show that when people actually take pride in their appearance, they grow more confident. A fashion overhaul would definitely help him.
        6-eyed
        Shit Disturber
        Last edited by 6-eyed; 05-10-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Has he indicated that he dislikes his style? Sounds like he is a practical science oriented type.

Comment

If his wife is attracted to him and likes the way he dresses, and if he dresses professionally at work, then I don't really see the issue

I always figured straight guys only dress nice for two reasons anyways, to impress the ladies and to be professional in a work environment. It seems like the way he dresses hasn't been a hindrance in either area

Comment

I don't know your bro and I noticed you judge things from your particular POV (as we all do ) so I am not sure how problematic this is in reality. The only thing I find unforutate to hear is he takes anti depressants now. All the other things you described about him and his wife could actually work greatly for them. Different folks, different strokes so they say.
              It's true some people do put themselves at an disadvantage by being apathic in their clothing style, but I am not sure your brother is one of them...

Comment

If "dork" means penis, does that mean your brother is walking around in a giant condom?

Comment

Just based off what you said, I think your brother wears expensive, fancy clothes.

Comment

6: Ha! Metro sexual liberal effeminate soyboys!

Also 6: I'm worried my brother lacks fashion sense and doesn't coordinate stylish outfits.

Comment

It could become an issue if he was single and without a job, but neither seems to be the case here

Comment

Let's go all queer eye for the six eyed on 'em.

But if he's happily married in his 30's and has a good career, it doesn't sound like improving his fashion sense would affect his life much.

​​​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by everything bagel View Post
                          6: Ha! Metro sexual liberal effeminate soyboys!

Also 6: I'm worried my brother lacks fashion sense and doesn't coordinate stylish outfits.

Haha that made me laugh for real.

The thing is though, basic fashion sense is an issue for everyone. Especially when you dress like the nerd who always got his ass kicked.

Maybe it's just my big brother instincts that wants to watch out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post

Haha that made me laugh for real.

The thing is though, basic fashion sense is an issue for everyone. Especially when you dress like the nerd who always got his ass kicked.

Maybe it's just my big brother instincts that wants to watch out for him.
                            Keys on belt loop, Birkenstocks, oh he has basic fashion sense. lol your bro dresses like a lesbian.

Comment

Working...
                          X