I washed my hair with an egg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I washed my hair with an egg!

I haven't used shampoo for over eighteen months now, relying on water and brushing only. I haven't felt a problem with this, most of the time. It doesn't look especially good or bad, but it feels nicer. But last week I felt compelled to look at the list of non-shampoo alternatives, and noticed that the most simple suggestion was an egg. So I tried it; beat up one egg, coated it on my hair, rinsed out in COOL water (very important)..and I am amazed at how well it works, and how clean my hair feels. It looks exactly the same as if I'd used shampoo, but it doesn't go awful and greasy two days later. I didn't really enjoy the smell of egg during the process, but after rinsing and a sea swim there is no scent at all.

I think I will take up doing it once a week.

Egg Head. Lol!

Comment

• Jessica
      Jessica commented
      Editing a comment
      lol i KNEW someone was going to post this :-)

• Dr. Doom
      Dr. Doom commented
      Editing a comment
      😉😎

18 months already? Interesting experiment!

Comment

From what I've read, if you just wash in water and not comb it, it will/should eventually dread naturally.

Comment

I will have to try this!
        I think I went back to the water only method right about the same time I told you about it so it's probably been about 18 months for me too

What I like about not using shampoo is my hair air dries with so much body now, like I've had a blow out. And it's wavy. When I was washing my hair and using conditioner every day it was stick straight. On humid days it almost reaches curly status sometimes now. Pretty crazy shampoo can change your hair texture that much

Anyways I'm rambling. I'm going to try washing it with an egg this week!
        maybe put a few drops of essential oil in there for the smell

Comment

Shampoo actually has several harmful chemicals in it.

Comment

I've just used Bronner's for shampoo. Washing my hair with an egg is too hardcore for me.
            "I like big butts and I can not lie"
            - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Comment

I've Had Dreads For Years.......Can't Use Anything That

Leaves Residue.......And For Obvious Reasons Can't Use

Any Type Of Conditioner, Since You Need Tangles And

Friction Between The Hairs To Create Dreads.

I Use "Bi-Carb Of Soda" And It Works To Perfection.

Squeaky Clean Hair......No Oily Scalp......No Dry Scalp....

No Dandruff.....No Itch.....

And It's $3-50 For 6 Months Supply.....

Win... Win All Round.....

Cheers Glen.

Comment

• Jessica
                Jessica commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah this one is definitely cheaper. the main reason i went with the egg was it was the only one where i already had the ingredient(s) on the day :-)

Wait, I thought it had been established in another thread that eggs go in the butt. Now they're for hair too?

Comment

Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
                Wait, I thought it had been established in another thread that eggs go in the butt. Now they're for hair too?
                are you implying that you don't have butt hair?

Comment

I wash my hair about once a week. I have a dandruff problem which is probably cause by my love of fried foods and red meat. I'm not really sure if I'm ready to try the egg thing but I may look into it. You never know.

Comment

• Jessica
                    Jessica commented
                    Editing a comment
                    honestly, you'll be surprised if you do! think of it this way, you only have to try it once and if you don't like it, back to shampoo :-)

Originally posted by Meliai View Post
                  I will have to try this!
                  I think I went back to the water only method right about the same time I told you about it so it's probably been about 18 months for me too

What I like about not using shampoo is my hair air dries with so much body now, like I've had a blow out. And it's wavy. When I was washing my hair and using conditioner every day it was stick straight. On humid days it almost reaches curly status sometimes now. Pretty crazy shampoo can change your hair texture that much

Anyways I'm rambling. I'm going to try washing it with an egg this week!
                  maybe put a few drops of essential oil in there for the smell
                  yes same! i have some sections in the back that go into almost full curls. but only those few sections lol

i was thinking of you when i wrote this, and wondering if you were still non-shampooing. the only thing i can see being an issue here is you might need two or even three eggs because you have waaay more hair than me! and will that start being a little expensive. But yeah, interested what you think! Remember to not get warm water on it though. cooks the egg, i think. the woman whose article i was reading just said she'd "had a bad experience rinsing with warm water" and those words were a link to a previous blog article. I couldn't be bothered to actually click it.

Comment

• Meliai
                    Meliai commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha I was wondering why you mentioned rinsing with cool water, that makes sense! No one wants little pieces of cooked egg stuck in their hair lol

Originally posted by OP1 View Post
                  I've just used Bronner's for shampoo. Washing my hair with an egg is too hardcore for me.
                  but just think, if society collapses and we can't buy soap and shampoo, eggs will still exist!

and you'll be glad you heard this information, because knowing this will be the difference between looking stylish during the apocalypse, or not :-P

Comment

Think I'm gonna pass on the egg hair thing.. I can see me driving my motorcycle in the country and having Buzzards chase me because they smell the eggs.

This would happen to me, I'm lucky that way.

Comment

• Jessica
                      Jessica commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it doesn't smell after you've rinsed it. it was just the smell while doing it that was a bit ew.

• Dr. Doom
                      Dr. Doom commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How is it done? Just the whites, or yolk too?
                      Do ya beat it together, then slather into your hair?
                      I am kinda curious about it.

Okay, I went back and see you mixed it together, so I think I'll try it.
                      Last edited by Dr. Doom; 06-15-2021, 07:46 PM.

• Jessica
                      Jessica commented
                      Editing a comment
                      heh.. i wasn't trying to convince you.. but sure, i'll be interested what you think. Rinse it with COOL water...!

or if you change your mind, like I said to OP1.. just remember this for when society collapses, and your hair can also look good during the apocalypse :-)

It's okay, I'm curious lol. May try Glen's way @ some point as well. I've read of his way in older notes my elders left behind, from WW2 times when things were rationed.

Comment

Working...
                    X