The newer Energy drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The newer Energy drinks

At first, all of the energy drinks had tons of sugar and I would rarely drink them. Only in a pinch if I needed to stay awake.
    now, it seems there are a bunch of energy drinks that have no sugar, just artificial sweeteners with massive amounts of caffeine (300 mg) . I wonder how far these drink companies will go?
    also noticed a lot of new CBD drinks

no point really, just a topic piece because I was in the beverage industry for 7 years, 1 month and 12 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes and fifteen seconds

Rainbow Unicorn Bang is pretty good

Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.stack3d.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F08%2Frainbow-unicorn-bang-energy.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	10314

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I will have to try that one next time

• Youfreeme
      Youfreeme commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not a big energy drink person--but I randomly tried Bang after working my 10th 12-18 hour work day in a row. And it made me uncomfortably energetic.

• Audiogen
      Audiogen commented
      Editing a comment
      Youfreeme Yah, sometimes they feel pretty close to amphetamine.

The reason I’m writing this is because I’m drinking a bang power punch

Comment

I drink Nos sometimes. No clue what it contains.

Comment

I am more into some sugary drinks than ever before in like the last decade. Not really energy drinks though.
        My recent guilty pleasures are: vanilla coke of the most famous brand
        And some fruity drink of a brand called Fernandez and originated in Suriname. I'm not sure its available in the US

Comment

I love vanilla coke.

Comment

I don't recommend Birthday Cake Bang. It tastes way too similar to it's name and made me feel like I'm living in some dystopian future where all our food has been turned into energy drinks.

Comment

• Youfreeme
              Youfreeme commented
              Editing a comment
              Cotton candy is my jam, even though it's kind of disgusting.

• Audiogen
              Audiogen commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm drinking Cotton Candy. Disgusting? It's pretty good.

I haven't had one in a long time. I used to drink them when I would drive back and forth to visit my wife (then girlfriend) at university and be driving home at like 2am. I never timed it right though, and would be drowsy for most of the ride and then have a terrible sleep.

Comment

Sugar free for me but I only drink the smaller 250ml cans. Figure that's enough gut rot for one day.

Comment

I can't drink these things, the taste reminds me of the vitamins I took in HS, when they don't go down the pipe properly and leave that awful taste.

I had to get one once @ a concert to take my "things" with. It was hot AF that day and I was thirsty, and they were out of water. Beer was watered down and very overpriced. The energy drink doesn't mix well with said "things" effects. Wasn't sure what to think for a few minutes.

Comment

No will believe this, but I have never tried an energy drink. I'll drink Gatorade sometimes. Usually I drink cranberry/apple juice or, more likely, water.

Comment

I'm no fan of energy drinks...only other time I had one, was back in maybe '95.

Small gas station had this little can with a cute animated character called "Whoop-Ass"...you've likely seen them.

I tried it, didn't like it but kept the can, the cartoon guy on the can is cool.

I'm a Gatorade dude myself, like Red best, esp. on a hot ass day this stuff cuts it!

Comment

i like energy drinks, but i try not to overuse them. i do drink a 5 hour energy every day after lunch. but that's the only one i do regularly.

if i am particularly tired, i'll buy an amp occasionally. it's not very popular for some reason, but i do prefer it over most of the alternatives. most of them seem kind of syrupy to me, but amp is just like drinking any old citrus pop. they also had other flavors for a while, but i never see those anymore.

lately, the guy i workout with has been bringing me this energy drink called "clean". i think it's supposed to be slightly healthier than other energy drinks, although i forget what about it makes that the case. but the nice thing about them is that 50% of their profits are apparently donated to some organization that helps people with addictions. hence the name. as a bonus, it's the only energy drink i've had that tastes about as good as amp.

the only one i really avoid is coffee. now there's something that is just 100% negative. yes, it smells good. but the taste is ok at best, it makes your breath smell and taste horrible, and it does nothing to give any energy, unless you drink so much that you need the added energy to run back and forth to the shitter.

Comment

^^ Not a coffee fan myself...yuck

Last edited by Dr. Doom; 07-18-2020, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Never tried energy drinks or coffee. If you want an extra boost of energy why not try caffeine supplements? I find it useful when i need that extra boost of energy. I would imagine they work better.

Comment

Working...
                          X