Made For Supper Recently.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made For Supper Recently.

I lurve Mac and Cheese. Are there variations I can made instead of the usual recipe?
    "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

Originally posted by Dax View Post
    I lurve Mac and Cheese. Are there variations I can made instead of the usual recipe?
    What's the usual recipe?

I do a Mac n cheese pie topped with a Bechamel sauce

The pie itself is macaroni, a cheese blend of sorts, some heavy whipping cream, lil bit of sour cream, salt n pepper and a touch of nutmeg (nutmeg is my secret ingredient. Shhhhh don't tell anyone). Top with another layer of cheese.
    then the bechamel sauce - melt butter, stir in flour, add milk

Pour sauce over top of pie, then top the top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Bake

Sorry about my recipe, I always type my recipes out exactly like I cook. No measurements. Pure winging it

Comment

• Jessica
      Jessica commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my god that sounds good. Next meet up we definitely must do cooking for each other.

• Meliai
      Meliai commented
      Editing a comment
      Jessica let's go ahead and put that on the itinerary for next year!

Usual recipe is macoroni, ground beef, onion, garlic . Cheese obviously and Parmesan. Seems like we on the same page. So I always make my Bechanel sauce with obviously flour, butter, milk, nutmeg and Cayenne pepper. Sssshh.
    "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

Comment

I know a woman who adds a spoonful of mustard powder. I don't often have that in the kitchen but hers was good.

Comment

Sounds good to me. I love pasta. Friend of mine spent some time in Italy recently and said that the Italians like their pasts like half raw and they just eat it with a sauce.

Comment

I.. am totally off to cook pasta now..
          ​​​​​brb

Comment

Save some for me!!!

Comment

Thanks for this thread because I'm glad this happened. Not my best version because I haven't bought groceries yet and didn't have the right flour for the sauce and only one type of cheese. But still.

I like frying sunflower seeds in the tiiinest bit of oil until they begin to brown, then splash with soy sauce and put on top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16377791435814208212636997483954.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	4.36 MB
ID:	193268

Comment

• Meliai
                Meliai commented
                Editing a comment
                ? ? ? looks delicious
                I'm going to throw down on so much Mac n cheese today

• 6-eyed
                6-eyed commented
                Editing a comment
                Mmmm
                Looks like it would put me right to sleep. Cheesy pastas do that to me.

YUM!

that is not in response to any particular post, just the entire thread. i didn't even think i was hungry.

Comment

Looks very awesome Jess!

Comment

I add bacon

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
                    I add bacon
                    I add tomato.

Comment

Gonna maybe try this for supper some time. "Crashed eggs with potatoes and tomatoes"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crashed-Eggs-Landscape-980x653.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	193760

Comment

Working...
                      X