How Much Tea is Too Much Tea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Much Tea is Too Much Tea?

Tea is life. Seriously. I am obsessed with tea. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I think about before I go to sleep. Tea has become one of my favorite things ever. In the evening, herbal tea is my go-to. I love sitting by a window and drinking a hot cup of tea and smoking a little bit of weed. Sometimes I'll have 3 or 4 cups of herbal tea in one evening.

How much is too much, though? For a while there, I was worried about the milk that I was adding to my tea. Dairy is high in calories, and because I like my tea creamy, those calories add up throughout the day; especially if I am consuming 10 cups. I started switching to almond or soy milk in the evening, so I am not as worried about the empty calories from all of the dairy anymore.

Are there any other tea lovers here? Surely I am not the only one with this obsession.

Originally posted by Ashalicious View Post
    Tea is life. Seriously. I am obsessed with tea. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I think about before I go to sleep. Tea has become one of my favorite things ever. In the evening, herbal tea is my go-to. I love sitting by a window and drinking a hot cup of tea and smoking a little bit of weed. Sometimes I'll have 3 or 4 cups of herbal tea in one evening.

How much is too much, though? For a while there, I was worried about the milk that I was adding to my tea. Dairy is high in calories, and because I like my tea creamy, those calories add up throughout the day; especially if I am consuming 10 cups. I started switching to almond or soy milk in the evening, so I am not as worried about the empty calories from all of the dairy anymore.

Are there any other tea lovers here? Surely I am not the only one with this obsession.
    Wow Ash, talk about a blast from the past!!! Welcome to the solution.

As for tea, it's a good deal safer than loading up on coffee. Honore' de Balzac (play writer) drank 50 cups of coffee a day. He also died at around 50 years of age. I drink about 1.5 liters of iced coffee most days. I used a low carb vanilla shake as my creamer and sweetener. I'd prefer half&half with Splenda, but cholesterol is a real issue.

Anyway, good to see you again, it's been many years!

Comment

when i was a kid, i used to go to the local chinese restaurant with my parents. and to drink, me and my mom would always split their "pot of tea."

i have no idea how much tea was actually in the pot, but i would spend the next several hours peeing every few minutes. so that was probably too much.

Comment

I used to drink tea all the time until I spilled a cup on my junk. After that I completely forgot about it. Maybe I'll buy some. I like Lipton. I really like it.

Comment

I go through phases where I'll drink tea everyday, then I'll just quit for some unexplained reason. I'm not a connoisseur; I usually get Bigelow or Twinings, and I prefer Earl Grey.

Comment

Originally posted by neonspectraltoast View Post
            I used to drink tea all the time until I spilled a cup on my junk. After that I completely forgot about it. Maybe I'll buy some. I like Lipton. I really like it.
            LOL. Like REAL LOLZ. I get instantly pissed off whenever I spill even a drop of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

Wow Ash, talk about a blast from the past!!! Welcome to the solution.

As for tea, it's a good deal safer than loading up on coffee. Honore' de Balzac (play writer) drank 50 cups of coffee a day. He also died at around 50 years of age. I drink about 1.5 liters of iced coffee most days. I used a low carb vanilla shake as my creamer and sweetener. I'd prefer half&half with Splenda, but cholesterol is a real issue.

Anyway, good to see you again, it's been many years!
              Likewise! How have you been keeping?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashalicious View Post

LOL. Like REAL LOLZ. I get instantly pissed off whenever I spill even a drop of tea.
                in that case, does it bother you when people don't FILL the cup?
                i hate being given a cup of tea that is two thirds full

Comment

i wouldn't describe milk as "empty" calories though, because you're getting calcium, B12.. probably other good stuff.
                  but i like black tea.

Comment

*loose leaf black earl grey tea

If it has to be teabags Dice got the right idea with Twinings

Comment

PG Tips. Alfred insists the best tea comes from England. I have a city to worry about and don't care to debate him on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Batman View Post
                        Alfred insists the best tea comes from England.
                        I don't think English people like tea.

Comment

I drink Decaf tea ! am I bad

Comment

that's the reason y'all americans drink coffee!
                            Last edited by Jessica; 06-17-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• mallyboppa
                              mallyboppa commented
                              Editing a comment
                              wow I am impressed one of my favorite bands !

Originally posted by J Ruth View Post

in that case, does it bother you when people don't FILL the cup?
                            i hate being given a cup of tea that is two thirds full
                            that's a tough one. because, you know, a full cup is way more likely to spill a drop.

Comment

Working...
                            X