Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Pothos Plant!

The story behind this plant:

The last time I was in rehab (yeah, I've had multiple stays 😀) I noticed this HUGE pothos plant potted next to the front door of the MMR (Main Meeting Room). I decided that, before I left, I would snag a piece off one of the vines to take home with me...as a kind of reminder. And I did.

Once I got it home I stuck it in a cup of water and then, after it started to grow roots, I planted it in a pot of soil. Here it is a couple years ago, the day I potted it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pothos1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1385

Here it is today (and don't laugh, it's still alive):

Name:	pothos2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	1386

It's just a single vine atm, but after it grows some more I'll break off a couple pieces, root them in water and then put them in the same pot. Hopefully, that will make it bushier.

Don't knock rehab, it's a great way to avoid jail. The food is better too. Jail sucks. The food is terrible, they always have the ac set too cold, you only get basic cable, the sex is violent.

However, the drugs are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post
      The food is better too.
      Boy that's a fact. I put on nearly 10 lbs. in 30 days. I was hungry all the damn time.

Comment

I can dig the violent sex but not with anyone I'd be in prison with.
        ​​​​

Comment

I have the same bottle of lighter fluid. That is all I have to offer.

Comment

• mallyboppa
            mallyboppa commented
            Editing a comment
            we have the same sink plugs !

i actually did genuinely laugh before i saw you say not to laugh : P because i was expecting like this MASSIVE plant
          but then the rest of the thread made me laugh too so it could just be i'm high
          the plant looks gorgeous and healthy. very pretty. and i like arranging things in the saucers too... what is that coin?

Comment

• tumbling.dice
            tumbling.dice commented
            Editing a comment
            The coin is from the place I was hospitalized, they give it to you upon your release. I got that blue rock from there too.

Yea, I used to collect those "coins" (or chips as I heard them called in Memphis) as well. Then I got off probation!

Comment

Yea, I used to collect those "coins" (or chips as I heard them called in Memphis) as well. Then I got off probation!
            I read this and it sounds like I'm bagging on recovery. I'm not. While I knew I was never going to quit using, rehab did help me manage the habits better so that even if I sank my own boat, I didn't drag others down with me. My first pinch was a bad one and I was sentenced to 3 years county (most states have an 11 month 30 day limit on county time now). I was given 30 days to report so I could go to rehab.

I did so well in rehab that they put me into a 6-month "program" that was also nowhere near the jail. It was locked down, but it wasn't packed with psychopaths and amateur proctologists. This plus 3 weeks in the city jail was all time-served, on good behavior. When I went before the judge again, I got instant probation. I was in a halfway house for about a month when I got a job in Memphis. Since it came with a company car, I was kicked out of the halfway house, but I qualified for rental assistance through the courts and got a rather cool carriage house apartment in Overton Park for like $250 a month. This was around 1984.

The second time was a decade later. Circuit City discovered I was using the warehouse to stash stuff I planned to pawn for crack money. It was a tight racket until somebody discovered a box of car stereo boosters that weren't old in the "damaged inventory" pile. So I went into rehab on the company's insurance while their lawyers built a really excellent case against me. The local pawn shops helped them out as well, so it was a team effort.

In rehab everybody was on my side. Even the doctors went to bat for me and got me extended a couple of times. After 3 months the prosecutors were no longer interested in the case. I was homeless, broke and being handed a free bus ticket to Florida. They just wanted me out of town. Circuit city put my name on a list of some sort retailers subscribe to. A private service that ensures I'll never work in retail again.

This was about the time I discovered temp and contract gigs. Few of them looked into my background. I didn't look like a bum and I talked like I knew what I was doing. All sales tactics. One of the clients was Pinkerton where I worked with an investigator tracing skips.
            OK, I'm pretty stoned </tangent>

Comment

I don't know how to act without Zen or Balbus bitching about my off-topic post and either deleting it or moving it to some useless or dead thread. Maybe we need a place to put all my tangents.

Come on guys, let's invite them over!

Comment

Hahaha. I'm all for going off topic. Easy enough to bring it back again. I only complain when picture threads have pages of talk.

Comment

I don't know how to act without Zen or Balbus bitching about my off-topic post and either deleting it or moving it to some useless or dead thread. Maybe we need a place to put all my tangents.

Come on guys, let's invite them over!
                  only if we get to torture them at will

Comment

Originally posted by twiceburned View Post

only if we get to torture them at will
                    Oh but of course!

Name:	large-greypoupondijonmustard.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1512
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, panic, you've been through a lot. I got locked in the psych ward a few times, but only for like five days. I have a fear of being accused of crimes I didn't commit. The one time I got locked in jail was for stealing a pumpkin.

Comment

no rehab here...i ran out of money

thats a nice plant dice....cool story about the origins of it...this a question forpanic and dice...i already know for neon....you 2 both live alone?.....you both have children?...seperste ones of course lol

Comment

Originally posted by rolling View Post
                          no rehab here...i ran out of money

thats a nice plant dice....cool story about the origins of it...this a question forpanic and dice...i already know for neon....you 2 both live alone?.....you both have children?...seperste ones of course lol
                          I live alone but have never had kids. It was one of those things where I wanted to want them, but really I don't. Probably a good thing too, I've had a lot of trouble just taking care of myself. I do have a niece and nephew that I love as my own, however. Sophie is now 17 and Anthony is 13. I wish they lived closer so I could see them more often; I'll be going up there next week and spending some time with them.

Comment

Working...
                          X