My business is to be sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My business is to be sick

That is a quote from Saint Bernadette who was sick all the time.

Seriously, people who work hard at staying healthy, I wish them well, but are fighting a losing battle.

They get sick and die one way or the other or die unexpectedly.

The people who are sick all the time are going to be better equipped to handle their demise than people that are healthy all the time.

Sickness and death come upon such people and they won't know how to deal with it.

Thoughts?

Nobody thinks they're going to live forever, but being healthy leads to a higher quality of life while you are still kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post
      Nobody thinks they're going to live forever, but being healthy leads to a higher quality of life while you are still kicking.
      Not exactly while they are kicking with a sudden diagnosis of terminal cancer.

The person who was sick all their lives will as a general rule be more happy or at least peaceful when its time to die.

The health nut is more likely to be kicking and screaming and find dying unbearable.

Comment

I'd still prefer a lifetime of health with a shitty last few days over a shitty life that makes death seem attractive.

Comment

I've got a chronic illness, so I'm used to being sick all of the time. I think that, if anything, it would make a sudden diagnosis of terminal cancer moredevastating, since my life expectancy is already shorter than average as it is.

Comment

I'm surprised that you didn't choose to do artwork. Pretty sure that many people when they are sick choose to do things that are simple.

Comment

Working...
            X