Clear All

Historic stuff I like !

usually (but not always) machines !

Did I mention I love canal boats !

Comment

• Jessica
      Jessica commented
      Editing a comment
      i do! i love locks. and i love canal paths. i would happily live on a canal boat.

Comment

• Dr. Doom
      Dr. Doom commented
      Editing a comment
      "after I bought mine, the following year the governor's wife went and bought one..."
      hmm.. is there a connection there?

As a youngling I would have little interest in the industrial revolution era and the things that shaped both that time period and the ones after it (in fact, the only infatuation i had with this historic era was the american wild west, but I took notice of it through distorted and romanticed perspectives).
    Ok, comics like Tintin did stimulate my interest in early 20th century but I wasn't really busy with it.
    The older i got the more interesting the 19th and 20th century history became to me. So not only canal boats (love 'em) but also the development of canals themselves intrigue me haha
    I always loved (mainly european) medieval history though. And middle eastern history. Probably for a large part because i was raised with biblical stories. And the american cowboys and 'indians' era :P

Comment

The Cool thing about this is that I know someone that had one ( you can drive it on a motorbike license ) He used to take me to work and back in it , would love a go in one nowadays

Comment

It's Cool Until You Approach A Corner A Little Too Fast.>>>>>Trip And Fall......

Cheers Glen.

Comment

ive always wanted a 40s era fiat 500 topolino

Comment

Comment

Loved The Last 7 Minutes......He Could Barely Contain Himself......

Cheers Glen.

Comment

My home Town St Helens !

Comment

Comment

“Each of us six officers had a shotgun and an automatic rifle and pistols. We opened fire with the automatic rifles. They were emptied before the car got even with us. Then we used shotguns. There was smoke coming from the car, and it looked like it was on fire. After shooting the shotguns, we emptied the pistols at the car, which had passed us and ran into a ditch about 50 yards on down the road. It almost turned over. We kept shooting at the car even after it stopped. We weren’t taking any chances.”

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mallyboppa View Post
                        The Cool thing about this is that I know someone that had one ( you can drive it on a motorbike license ) He used to take me to work and back in it , would love a go in one nowadays
                        Wow that’s a lot of visible ground under the hood!

Literally nothing there. Never seen anything like that.

Comment

Britain at low Tide ........... Liverpool

Comment

• Dr. Doom
                            Dr. Doom commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I see you have windmills .. we tried to get them locally to help with electric costs. The power made will be deducted from the electric bill, supposedly.
                            But a bunch of locals here put up a big fuss, claiming the windmills kill birds, make too much noise, and all kinds of much
                            more ridiculous claims. So, no mills locally. But travel an hour north and they are all over the place.
                            Quite an interesting show here, sad the destruction from the war ..
                            Last edited by Dr. Doom; 01-02-2021, 11:13 AM.

• SpaceMan
                            SpaceMan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            rolling is surrounded by mills...ive never heard him say much about them being annoying...ive only seen them on manitoulin island and sault saint marie

• SpaceMan
                            SpaceMan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            im going to come back in a bit to watch the rest of this video..i love these type of shows...i like to also watch the youtube videos of magnet fishers in europe pulling interesting old artifacts out of the canals and swamps
                        Working...
                        X