The beach or waterways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The beach or waterways

Went to the beach yesterday . It was awesome! Swam in the ocean, past the breakers.
    Last edited by Rehab; 07-26-2020, 10:11 PM.

I messed up that first post

Comment

Originally posted by Rehab View Post
      I messed up that first post
      You take a lovely picture. 😀 Is that on the west coast?

Comment

Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post

You take a lovely picture. 😀 Is that on the west coast?
        Hi Dice! Yes it is on the west coast

Comment

I'm scared of the ocean. I never go in. Would like to conquer that fear someday

Comment

I like the beach. Been to beaches all over the world. Some beaches the current is dangerous with large, strong waves. You gotta be a good swimmer. The beaches on the east coast of U.S. the water is calm.

Comment

I was on a beach on the moon and the water was practically made of starlight.

Comment

this is how i try to spend as much time as possible during our all-too-brief summer. the beach off to the left used to extend out almost to where the picture was taken from, but the last two years the lake level has been crazy high. you also used to be able to drive out there, and drinking on this beach was not technically allowed, but never enforced, so it was basically a huge party at all times. but now the road out is under water so this is the only way to get there without walking a mile.

boats by beach

everything bagel you can hardly see it from here, but the hill at the far left is where they do the d-day reenactment. the hill is probably 40-50 feet tall, with two flat steps on the way up. the reenactors load up in the boat from this beach, then ride through the gap in the breakwall right at the middle of the picture and unload on the other beach just outside the breakwall. then they run across the beach (probably somewhere between 50 and 100 yards), and up that hill where the axis reenactors are stationed.

Comment

I'm a 5 or 6 minute walk from Lake Nipissing. There is a lot of beachfront right near us, and the lake is very shallow so it warms up quickly, which is good since there is only 2-3 months of the year that are good for swimming.

Comment

The west coast beaches, from my experience definitely has better waves than the east coast. Though the water is still pretty calm. There's none of that strong current. But i've only been to beaches around the Los Angeles area in the west. Venice, Santa Monica, etc.

Comment

i've never been to a west coast beach, but i've always heard that they have way better waves. hawaii has the best waves i've seen myself, depending on which side you're on. it's kind of like a miniature version of the US; one side is pretty calm and the other side has massive waves.

don't entirely discount us up here on the north coast either. it's not the ocean, but you would be surprised at how big they can get here. it's actually kind of scary at times, because great lake waves aren't like the ocean where it's a wave, then a break, then a wave. when there's big waves here they just come one right after the other so that if you get knocked down, you might not be able to get back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropical Breeze View Post
                        The west coast beaches, from my experience definitely has better waves than the east coast. Though the water is still pretty calm. There's none of that strong current. But i've only been to beaches around the Los Angeles area in the west. Venice, Santa Monica, etc.
                        I got a buddy in LA, California born and raised. Last time we were together he was complaining about all the homeless and drug addicts at his favorite beaches. We tried not to talk politics, but I got the impression he is no longer a Democrat because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post

I got a buddy in LA, California born and raised. Last time we were together he was complaining about all the homeless and drug addicts at his favorite beaches. We tried not to talk politics, but I got the impression he is no longer a Democrat because of it.
                          military buddy? that's just my best guess as to how you have a buddy from LA.

hawaii was the same way. at least certain parts of it. granted, i was only there for 10 days, but it really didn't bother me. it also seems like if he really had a problem with it, that would make him more of a democrat. theoretically, they would want to help those guys improve their situation, whereas republicans would just leave them to rot on the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post

military buddy? that's just my best guess as to how you have a buddy from LA.

hawaii was the same way. at least certain parts of it. granted, i was only there for 10 days, but it really didn't bother me. it also seems like if he really had a problem with it, that would make him more of a democrat. theoretically, they would want to help those guys improve their situation, whereas republicans would just leave them to rot on the beach.
                            Yeah, army buddy. I didn't want to talk politics with him though. I don't understand California politics anyway. Now that I think about it, I don't understand Kentucky politics either.

Comment

same. i don't really understand any politics. if i ever do, i would consider that a sign that i failed at life.

Comment

Working...
                              X