PT Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PT Cruiser

When this car first came out in 2001, people were crazy about it. It was a car that was loved by the public, and dealerships were selling them at full price. It even won the Motortrend Car of the Year for 2001. If you had a PT, you were a cool dude who got laid.

Today, they are the car commonly driven by grandmas with fluffy little dogs. Nobody else would ever be caught driving one. By the time production was canceled in 2008(ish) only rental car companies were buying them. The PT is now a laughing stock known as the PT Loser.

I hated it the second I saw it on a magazine cover at the store. The PT looks like the ugly offspring of a Plymouth Prowler and a Nissan Leaf. I was cringing at the public’s praise for this 4 wheeled monstrosity.

To be fair, I think many people liked it because it was new and different compared to all other bland looking 90s cars, leading up to the PT’s launch.

Pt Cruiser was an oddity that went from praise and admiration, to being the most undesirable car on the road today. I don’t think you’ll see that happen to another car ever again.

Some came with wood side paneling, and there was a 210hp GT version with a turbo.

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
    If you had a PT, you were a cool dude who got laid.
    really? i know it was popular, but i always thought it was more of a mom car.

Comment

they were awful looking...im glad not too many people bought them here

same with chevy hhr...ugly little shitbox cars

Comment

About 4 Years Ago A PT Club Based In Sydney Held A Weekend Rally

To Bathurst.

There Were Some Pretty Wild Cars......With Pretty Wild Paint Jobs.

Love Them Or Hate Them They Certainly Drew Attention......

Cheers Glen.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceMan View Post
          they were awful looking...im glad not too many people bought them here

same with chevy hhr...ugly little shitbox cars
          I think Tysonswood drives an HHR lol

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post

I think Tysonswood drives an HHR lol

Yep.....A Black One......

Cheers Glen.

Comment

he does

and that doesnt change my opinion of those ugly shit boxes one bit ...basically an ugly shit boxed version of a minivan but with a tiny shitbox 4 cylinder engine

Comment

PT cruiser has a gutless 4 cylinder

Comment

Originally posted by GLEN...... View Post

Yep.....A Black One......

Cheers Glen.
                  Why does it have to be black?

Comment

Originally posted by GLEN...... View Post
                    About 4 Years Ago A PT Club Based In Sydney Held A Weekend Rally

To Bathurst.

There Were Some Pretty Wild Cars......With Pretty Wild Paint Jobs.

Love Them Or Hate Them They Certainly Drew Attention......

Cheers Glen.
                    When you dump enough time and money into any car, you can make it eye catching. I have seen a PT once that had a custom front end with integrated parts from some vintage classics, and that I admit did look cool, since it was a custom mod done right. Only problem is it was still a PT Cruiser.

Comment

• SpaceMan
                      SpaceMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      someone in town here had one of those cougar/t-bird based shit cars...it was god aweful reminded me of that car from escape from la or escape from nyc....i think it was called an excaliber...absolute junk

Click image for larger version

Name:	5A76D5EC-7251-4F23-B95C-1E484FC273CD.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	160394 SpaceMan I looked up Excalibur and it reminded me of the Zimmer. A ridiculous Mustang dressed to look like an awful Duesenberg

Attached Files

Comment

• SpaceMan
                      SpaceMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yep...looked like that ugly thing

might not have been an actual excalibre....after looking it up it was probably a classic tiffany because i remember it appeared to be based of a cougar/t-bird chassis

the excaliber seems to have been its own ugly junk but at least had a decent chevy 327 under the gaudy hood

Comment

Working...
                    X