Selective Outrage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selective Outrage

Do you ever struggle with selective outrage where one person does something you disapprove of, but you can like, love, or pardon them, without much effort, but someone else could do the same thing and you would wish they had never been born or something?

It seems the world kinda is like that. People will tolerate behavior from one person or group, but flip out when it comes from another.

I try to love all, even if I don't like them, desiring nobody is defeated and everyone be a winner, and have the same degree of glory and bliss as everyone else, so that there is no jealousy, unhappiness, coveting, and no one really taking second place, and every glory , grace, or blessing , is shared.

Sounds kinda like Communism I guess, just not an atheist thing , but everyone is God and purified of the need to hurt others or be jealous , because each person's dreams come true , provided their dreams are not sadistic, and if they are, I say give the sadist the perfect match, someone who finds it euphoric being their victim. (Some people do indeed have a need to be victimized. I almost wonder if Jesus was one of them). But better yet there are no sadists.

But it's easy to desire all people be happy, quite another thing to actually practice it in a way that is free of selective outrage. Certain people wrong me or talk shit and I can pardon it usually if they are poor, suffering, disenfranchised, going through a divorce, bad case of PMS, mentally or emotionally disturbed, abused, whatever.

When it comes from people who don't know a thing about pain and suffering or who live in luxury doing the same thing, total selfish con artists who do nothing but screw people over, will throw waterballoons or pop on some homeless guy in the middle of winter as he panhandles (while cold and filled with the shame of begging as is) while driving in a convertible or sports car, someone who could watch a homeless person get lit on fire and laugh (I knew a guy like that), or drive around shooting random pedestrians with paintballs (knew someone like that as well), I don't just want such people dead, that's an understatement (which I won't go into details).

I'm not able to forgive God because he strikes me as the person more guilty of such shit than anyone , and the most wealthy who knows better, (being all-knowing, and all powerful.) I'm usually good about loving monsters of any political or religious affiliation, but he's one of those monsters most disgusting of all.

Any Communist has less guilt. And I hate Communism, but still love Communists , as most are actually innocent. Not their fault they were brainwashed and left confused. Not their fault God just hides himself like he isn't there. Rest in peace all you sick sorry godless fuckers!

But that's not what this is about, but do you struggle with selective outrage? How so?
    Last edited by Matthew Mussolini; 03-25-2021, 03:31 AM.

Originally posted by ill Duce View Post
    Do you ever struggle with selective outrage where one person does something you disapprove of, but you can like, love, or pardon them, without much effort, but someone else could do the same thing and you would wish they had never been born or something?
    i wasn't gonna respond but here it goes

Only time I ever get like that is if someone flakes on me, stands me up, fails to show up, strings me along, and deceives me. Long story short, I told my friend who's a minor celebrity to fuck off when exclaimed how sorry he was for taking our friendship for granted and being a backstabbing flake who broke his promises. I didn't see sense his sincerity. Told him that just because he's now a politician, that doesn't mean he needs to lie like one.

Comment

• Pete's Draggun
      Pete's Draggun commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect 6
      86 em'
      That's how da draggun does it too....

No, i'm not biased by friendship. It is something I've had noted by other people, sometimes as a compliment, sometimes as an insult : )
    It's why I find it funny when people think I'm taking someone's side because they're my friend. I'll take the side of my greatest enemy, if they're on the side that I believe in. (obviously that's less commonly the case).

Comment

• Jessica
      Jessica commented
      Editing a comment
      no mallyboppa the opposite! I'm saying I'll always stick by my beliefs/cause even if that means being on the opposite side to a friend. (i still love the friend too, obviously)

• mallyboppa
      mallyboppa commented
      Editing a comment
      You know I'm fucking with you mate ?

• Pete's Draggun
      Pete's Draggun commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't remember ever taking the same side as my enemies.

Yeah it can happen to an extent. Not so much as a side taking thing, but if someone does something bad to me, I'll probably be even more annoyed by it if I already think this person is a piece of shit.

Comment

Working...
    X