Collecting urine sample from a dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting urine sample from a dog

Soooo, I went to the vet today and I think I have to find another vet. They gave me a urine sample bottle and because they were unable to get a urine sample they asked me to. So I am walking him and decided to bring a ladle with me .. I was extremely unsuccessful in this method. Has anyone gotten a urine sample from a male dog before? If so, how the fuck am I suppose to do it?

get the vet to do that

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
      Beach Ball Bitch commented
      Editing a comment
      They couldn’t do it and asked me to, as I started above. Which is why I am on a waiting list for another. With this stupid lock down there is a huge waiting list To be with the one I want who has not been bought up by a corporation.

Vets in Canada were not allowed to open for operations and stuff all last year.

i have no idea but the ladle sounds like the best option ...other than keeping him inside and trying to collect a sample from the floor

Comment

Google's a helluva drug

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
        Editing a comment
        Are you stalking? Seems so. Would rather not click a link from you and I don’t use google because of their staking methods, censoring, information gathering and Misinformation.
        Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 04-15-2021, 07:59 PM.

I would use a search engine. But even though I 'had' several dogs I never had to think about collecting an urine sample from them... so I have no clue either. Usually they go with stool samples.

Comment

Weird , so I was reading how statues of dogs ward off evil spirits in Shinto and found this on the ground.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210415_153203.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	809.6 KB
ID:	125019
        I kept it only because I thought it was a sign , then your dog urine post is the first post I see here today.

Strange.

Comment

• SpaceMan
          SpaceMan commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah that is strange that you would see some kind of connection there

neat find though

• ill Duce
          ill Duce commented
          Editing a comment
          Good idea

I was reading how the last name of Jesus would have been "son of Joseph" today, and Joseph of Egypt had a coat of many colors, like the dog.

Nafisa Joseph I identified as a "German Shepherd" and I had a dream yesterday about Pope Benedict who people called "German Shepherd". His first name is " Joseph".

The dog definitely isn't a German Shepherd there, but the coincidence is interesting.

Comment

• SpaceMan
          SpaceMan commented
          Editing a comment
          you should go get some free food...i hear there lots of canned food being tossed around

• ill Duce
          ill Duce commented
          Editing a comment
          i got some already

• Beach Ball Bitch
          Editing a comment
          You could get some footage of all the damage done there in your city, upload a compilation of it all and put it to music.

Searched through DuckDuckGo to verify

INSTRUCTIONS
        • Wait for the dog to begin to urinate.
        • Place the collection container into the stream of urine until an adequate amount has been collected. This is called a mid-stream sample.
        • Place a lid on the container and bring it to your vet as soon as possible.

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
          Editing a comment
          It isn’t easy to shove something under a dog as he pees. He stops when I tried with something large and jumps away

no one said it would be easy

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
          Editing a comment
          It is funny really as he has a lot of fur, I can’t really tell where the damn thing is.

super easy. just get another dog to pee in the sample container, and then your dog will be glad to mark his territory in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Ball Bitch View Post
          Has anyone gotten a urine sample from a male dog before? If so, how the fuck am I suppose to do it?
          I've gotten many urine samples from male dogs. The best way for me in the past has been to grab my Glad Tupperware container like this. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210415-160841_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	423.8 KB ID:	125040

Next, as "he" goes pee, angle the Tupperware container to the same angle as his pee stream.

I know that I'm picturing a female, but the same result will be acquired with a male, he'll be standing instead of squatting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210415-160448_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	232.7 KB ID:	125041

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210415-160441_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	337.3 KB ID:	125042

The low profile sides of Glad Tupperware container allows you to catch the stream even from a male standing angle.

Put lid on and take to vet

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
            Editing a comment
            I will have to try that again. When I put that under him he just walks away from where he pees. This is how much success 8have had. It is promising. Was that from a male or female? Looks like a squaring female. I think it is easier to get from a female
            Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 04-15-2021, 11:00 PM.

not enough, but it is promising. Lol. When he pees it shoots out like pistol
          Click image for larger version  Name:	17574C71-8BAB-48F6-868D-C98875B8C321.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	125095

Comment

• Pete's Draggun
            Pete's Draggun commented
            Editing a comment
            My pictures are from female collection.
            A male is just as easy.

I guess just wait till he has a good built up piss , then it should be way easier to collect with more volume 😉

• Beach Ball Bitch
            Editing a comment
            Oh he has a lot of it but he cocks his leg and it shoots out sideways... sometimes past the tree and onto the sidewalk. Do I hav3 to catch it in the air?

• Pete's Draggun
            Pete's Draggun commented
            Editing a comment
            You might have to in the air. I've done it
        Working...
        X