Half Fact, Half Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half Fact, Half Fiction

Tell us a story. You must begin with something real and true; it can be anything at all either from your own life, someone else's, or an event happening somewhere in the world. Then at some point switch to fiction and make up the rest.

Ampol will keep this one going for months.?

Comment

ampol.

ampol's girlfriend.

Comment

• Youfreeme
        Youfreeme commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL

Very interesting idea. I'll see if i can come up with something.

Comment

I was in my early 30s and I went on a 10day holiday to visit some very dear old Cypriote friends♥ in Cyprus.
        It was my first time visiting Cyprus and I was very happy that my friends gave my an awesome sight-seeing tour of beautiful Cyprus.
        They showed me many of cool Greek Cypriote ancient historical places and one of the best highlights was a fun trip to Nissi beach.
        The Mediterranean sea does not have a very strong sea current so it's safe to swim quite far out into the sea.
        However I remember feeling a bit afraid to keep on swimming with my friends after a bit of time I started feeling a bit tired so I told my friends I'm gonna swim back to the beach to wait for them.
        On my way swimming back to the beach I felt something tickle my foot I was quite startled by it when I had a look underwater to see what had touch my foot I was in shock to see that it was a person swimming underwater but not an ordinary person as they had a fish tale I was in so much shocked that I just froze could not move because I'd always just thought mermaids are only in fairytales sea story myths & legends.
        The mermaid grabbed my hand and what seemed like in like lightning speed took me to an underwater place where it looked like we were in a bubble I was able to breath normally.
        The mermaid was somehow able to speak to me but without moving it's lips was communicating psychically told me to eat some food which looked like seaweed but I could not identify the taste it just tasted good then the mermaid gave me a beautiful necklace made of what appeared to be made of sea shells, coral and some other glittery stones-like material which I could not identify.
        I said thank you for the necklace and what seemed like 2seconds later I wake up and I'm laying on the beach and my friends surrounded me looking down at me asking where did I go they were worried and stressed out because I was not laying on the beach where we'd kept all our belongings.
        I was in a deserted part of the beach which they could not understand why I would end up there??
        I tried to explain the story about meeting the mermaid but they thought perhaps I was so fatigued by the swim back that I must have become slightly delusional & forgotten what really happened lol
        However when I showed my friends the beautiful unique necklace it thankfully convinced my friends to believe my amazing story, because they saw that I was not wearing that necklace before and they were stunned by some of the glittery unique material that they like me could not identify so yup perhaps I really did encounter a real life mermaid : )
        Last edited by niftypebble21; 01-31-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Jessica
          Jessica commented
          Editing a comment
          i like creatures from another world too, especially mermaids : )

The parcel arrived in Amazon packaging. The only thing I was expecting were a pair of ear defenders, but I was sure I'd bought them on eBay. Opening the box, I discovered that it was indeed the ear defenders. Now that I thought about it, this had happened once before. There were a few explanations. I had planned, last time, to email the seller and ask about it, but being of little importance in that grand scheme of things it fell to the depths of the least important to-do list and forgotten.
        I had to check. I went to my laptop, onto eBay, and clicked on Purchase History. Yes, I was remembering correctly.
        But I already knew this time would be the same. I was not really interested in how or where the item had come from, or whether the seller was making money off doing nothing, or whatever the explanation was. This time I didn't even plan to send any emails. I moved on swiftly.
        However, a week later I was washing the dishes. It was late in the evening, dark outside. I heard a knock at the door, and a man called out:
        "Amazon delivery!"
        I took my gloves off and went to the door.
        "Hello?" I called, opening it. The man was already hurrying off.
        "Parcel there for you." He pointed at the step, where a box had been placed.
        I had no idea what the delivery was, but it wasn't unknown for me to forget something or other I'd ordered on a whim. I opened the box and felt a moment of de ja vu as I looked down at another pair of ear defenders. What a fun surprise! If only it had happened with something I actually benefited from having two of. I wondered if whatever mechanism had transferred the sale from eBay to Amazon was the reason for the error.
        It made me feel slightly better about something that hadn't actually bothered me much in the first place.
        Oh well, I thought, and added 'Resell spare ear defenders' to the least important to-do list.
        Another week passed, and it happened again. On a Thursday afternoon I arrived home from a trip to the post office, and found an Amazon box on the doorstep. I knew without even opening it. The size was looking familiar to me now, and I wasn't expecting anything.
        Sure enough, I now had a third pair.
        Now, maybe at this point I should have done the honest thing, and alerted SmartElectricalsUK to the error. It wasn't as if it was my responsibility. They would either leave the two extra pairs go as a loss, or they'd have to supply a postage label. But I rarely get around to these things, even when they're in my favour.
        So the days went on, and sure enough, about a week later, a fourth pair of ear defenders arrived. Weeks went on, and they kept coming.

I never would have been at the festival if I hadn't had the bright idea that it would be an ideal place to set up stall for a weekend and unload some of the boxes which were beginning to take over my house. Not that I don't enjoy a weekend of dancing and camping, but the tickets for Glastonbury are extortionate, and it's too big.
        So I never would have been there, never would have been amongst the first humans to set sight on creatures from another world with their own eyes.
        My stock of ear defenders and all the money I'd made was lost, of course. First there was the wind from the spacecraft landing itself, and then all the chaos as people realised this was not an elaborate piece of theatre and began panicking. I didn't panic, myself. For some reason I was completely calm.
        The doors of the craft opened to empty quiet, only ten or fifteen of us waiting, watching.
        To be honest, they seemed quite uninterested in us. It was the instruments they took with them when they left, not quarter of an hour after they'd landed.
        Who knows what they wanted those for. They didn't look as if they would be able to play them, holding them as they did in their strange arms. As everyone knows, they vanished after they left the atmosphere. Vanished to our equipment, at least.
        It doesn't matter to me that they left us with so many questions. I don't feel there is anything else I need to know. I'm grateful that I was there, and grateful for the error that got me there.
        After that night, I sent a short message:
        "you've sent this item more than once. please make sure to send no more"

Comment

• mallyboppa
          mallyboppa commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought they were gonna end up like the Sunglasses in "They Live" with rowdy Roddy Piper

• niftypebble21
          niftypebble21 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like stories that have characters of creatures from other worlds : )

The day before yesterday Heath came to ask me if I'd seen anyone hanging about the place.
        "No?' I told him. I had not. "Why do you ask?"
        "Someone's been in the empty caravan! After your friends left I know I stacked all the cushions up on their end..."
        And he proceeded to give me a long explanation of why he had done this, as is his way once he gets talking. He told me he had also put the pillows up on a shelf.
        "But now they're all back down, as if someone slept in there, and the door was ajar too!"
        "That's creepy," I agreed, but neither of us could think of a reasonable explanation. We are in the middle of nowhere and the idea of someone randomly sleeping in the gutted, empty caravan was very strange.
        For some reason it made me think of the day, a week earlier, when I had been in the back of my friends' car, returning from the beach, and near to our turning had passed a young man on a bike, turning in the road. He'd had curly blonde hair and been grinning, and his bike was unusual. I wasn't even sure if it were a pedal bike or a motorbike, as it had looked like a cross between the two. I couldn't say why, but the whole scene had stuck in my mind.
        Why Heath's news about someone being in the caravan should cause me to recall the young man on the bike wasn't clear; perhaps it was that both events had an air of oddness to them. They both stood out as something that I didn't often see, didn't often happen, didn't quite fit in with normality.
        Now, yesterday evening on my ride home from work I passed a girl.
        I could see someone up ahead by the side of the lane, but I couldn't resolve what it was until I was much closer. It turned out to be a girl with a bike. The bike was resting on its kickstand, and she was doing something beside the road. Looking at something in the hedge? I couldn't tell. As I passed by she turned to look at me. Her hair was silver, and she was striking to look at. "Hi," I said, and heard her "Hello" in response, and then I was past her. I wished I'd stopped, I can't explain why. I don't know what I would have said. But as I cycled on I was gripped by the idea that I wanted to have stopped and said more to her.
        The strange thing is that I immediately began thinking of the man with the curly blonde hair, and the idea that it was all connected.
        Of course, there is nothing I can do with these thoughts. So I resolve to put them out of mind.
        But I am awakened in the night.
        I open my eyes but don't move. I can hear low voices and scuffling. My heart beats faster and I try to think where the nearest thing I can use as a weapon is. Then a voice, quite close to my bed, speaks to me: "Hey, hey. Wake up."
        I sit up, terrified, to find five people around my bed. I don't recognise the one who'd spoken, but when he says "There you are! We're so glad we found you. Serena said she saw you!" and gestures to a woman who must be Serena, I see that it's the silver-haired girl. I look around, taking in all their faces, and of course the curly haired man is also there.
        "Who are you?!" I demand in alarm.
        "It's us! Don't you remember?"
        "Shit."
        "She doesn't remember."
        I hear the other two that I don't recognise muttering to each other.
        "What? What don't I remember?!"
        "Don't worry, just... look, can you just get up and come with us? Trust me."
        "Are you crazy? Get out of here!"
        "Jessica! Trust me!"
        And the shock of him knowing my name silences me.
        "Who are you?" I whisper this time.
        "Come on, just hurry. Where's your bike?"
        "My bike?"
        "Yes."
        To my surprise I am getting up. Pulling on my sweater and following them out of my caravan. Five bikes are laying in the grass. The five of them pick them up and look at me.
        "Where's your bike?" the man asks again, a note of urgency in his voice.
        "Over there.." I murmur, pointing to the shed.
        "Okay. Let's go!"
        And they're off across the field. I don't know why, but I follow. They're talking in low voices to each other but I don't listen. I unchain my bike, all the while wondering what the hell I'm doing. It is as if I'm in a dream and can't do anything different. For a moment I think I've figured it all out, and laugh. I begin doing my reality checks.
        "Come on, what are you doing now? Let's GO"
        I stare at my hand, amazed that I am unable to push my fingers though the palm. I was sure that it must be a dream. All I can do is follow them. Three of them are already off down the lane on their bikes. The man who had woken me and Serena are waiting, looking at me expectantly.
        "Come on..."
        And we go. And we reach the end of the lane, and turn onto the road. Now we're going faster. Much faster than I've ever ridden before. The world around me seems to be dissolving, and the dark night is becoming strangely bright...

Comment

Working...
        X