No announcement yet.

Psychedelic Bump I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My post above definitely had an attachment to it at one time and now it's not there. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Meliai View Post

Thanks for the tips!! This just makes me realize I know almost nothing about growing mushrooms and have a lot of research to do haha
    I think this was the monotub guide I followed, if you want to go that route:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/sho...Number/5276282

In general, shroomery has great mushroom growing info. If you want to skip the whole step of pressure cooking your grains you can buy pre-sterilized bags of grain that you just inject with spores, then put the bag in a warm place and wait for the mycelium (white "roots" of the mushroom) to fill the bag.

I don't think I ever pressure cooked my coco coir/coffee mix, just semi-pasteurized it with boiling water that I allowed to cool before filling the monotub. If you have good strong mycelium, it should fight off the infections before they take hold so you don't have to be ridiculously sterile.

But yeah, general premise is to use the spores to grow mycelium, then place that mycelium in a humid place with a bit of light and fresh air exchange where the mushrooms can sprout. The brown rice flour method skips bulking up your grow and you just grow the mushrooms from the straight BRF cakes in a humid place. But you get a pretty low yield compared to what you can do with a bit more work in something like a monotub.

Been a few years now since I grew mushrooms, so you might be able to find some even newer and cooler methods with a bit of browsing. Good luck!!

Comment

• Meliai
      Meliai commented
      Editing a comment
      This is so helpful!!! Thank you for all the advice!

• Osquirrell
      Osquirrell commented
      Editing a comment
      id skip the whole pressure cooker, bfr method and buy grow bags. from a trusted vendor with clean product.. ya dont want to inject the entire spore syringe into one bag. That's to much moisture. just a pinch, set in cupboard and forget it for a month. boom shrooms. buy a dozen bags, one syringe.

Growing mushrooms is something I’ve kinda fantasized about (even just some shiitake would be cool) but never taken the time to learn enough. My sterile technique should be spot on due to my career in a lab, but might be challenging to replicate at my house!

BUMP for less than or = 16-18 mg miprocin. I use a cheap mg scale and I tried the advice to not tare it, and just subtract out the weight of the tray. They are supposedly more accurate in the middle range, but the number was steadily increasing with this method. So that’s why 16-18 mg, and potentially “less than” because I was chasing it with old apple juice from my fridge and when rinsing it down with my 2nd mouthful, I noticed cloudy bacterial growth and spit it out in the sink! I could still taste the chemical after I spit out the 2nd rotten juice mouthful, but I don’t think I wasted much of the miprocin dose.

It was a more nauseous and sickly comeup than usual (thanks to the apple juice, perhaps only mentally) and it honestly never settled in to much of a trip.

i rode my bike to a tiny one mile trail nearby and hiked around admiring all the birds. I was still feeling a bit sickly. I sat on a downed tree and came up with the idea to start a little fire. After stacking a bunch of twigs I managed to get it going with only one match and piece of newspaper. I tried to see if any visuals were present by zoning out to the fire. I had noticed a tiny bit of color changing before lighting the fire, but that’s about it. Not very visual and not really that much of a mental trip either. Made my way back home to check out the musical enhancement, but was let down on that front too. Was kinda sweaty and uncomfortable so I decided to shower.

The rest of the night developed into some terrible back pain and a weird, numb feeling in my foot. Probably caused by my frequent hiking these last couple weeks, but of course my drugged brain couldn’t help but consider that maybe the miprocin was at fault. I was quite nervous before deciding to trip yesterday, so it’s quite apparent that I should only trip in the future when I’m fully “feeling it” and also only when I feel better physically. Feels (again) like I’m getting too old to trip. It wasn’t exactly bad, but my hike and day overall probably would have been more enjoyable had I not tripped.

I’m done until at least 2022 :P
    Last edited by porkstock; 12-18-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• OldSoul
      OldSoul commented
      Editing a comment
      16-18mg is slightly on the low end, I'm not too surprised you felt a little bit weird and not too enhanced!

Have you made sure your scale sits balanced when you weigh stuff out? I know you probably know this with a lab background haha. But my milligram scale isn't accurate for shit unless I balance it well

I did notice that my scale doesn’t quite sit on all 4 of its “feet,” only 3. But if seems at least somewhat accurate, it measures the 10g weight near perfectly. I agree that this trip felt like an under-dose, but 16-18mg has provided me with good trips in the past. Last month I took 17mg and tripped nicely. Maybe I did waste some of this dose, or maybe my mindset played a part in making it weaker/more focused on side effects. I don’t think I’ll dose over 20mg miprocin again, as I seem to develop a weird head pressure with higher doses

Comment

Originally posted by porkstock View Post
      I did notice that my scale doesn’t quite sit on all 4 of its “feet,” only 3. But if seems at least somewhat accurate, it measures the 10g weight near perfectly. I agree that this trip felt like an under-dose, but 16-18mg has provided me with good trips in the past. Last month I took 17mg and tripped nicely. Maybe I did waste some of this dose, or maybe my mindset played a part in making it weaker/more focused on side effects. I don’t think I’ll dose over 20mg miprocin again, as I seem to develop a weird head pressure with higher doses
      arent the screws on the feet adjustable....should be able to spin the whole foot just like levelling a washing machine?

Comment

• porkstock
        porkstock commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah I think they are just little rubber circular pads

of course you know..... lol

Comment

Bump

I didn't end up tripping on the solstice but I did trip the other night and during the trip it felt very important for me to write this down : p

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220105_081706.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	201844

Comment

• porkstock
          porkstock commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha perfect. A tired, old, hippie cliche when sober...but the truth and the light when tripping

Originally posted by porkstock View Post
        Growing mushrooms is something I’ve kinda fantasized about (even just some shiitake would be cool) but never taken the time to learn enough. My sterile technique should be spot on due to my career in a lab, but might be challenging to replicate at my house!

BUMP for less than or = 16-18 mg miprocin. I use a cheap mg scale and I tried the advice to not tare it, and just subtract out the weight of the tray. They are supposedly more accurate in the middle range, but the number was steadily increasing with this method. So that’s why 16-18 mg, and potentially “less than” because I was chasing it with old apple juice from my fridge and when rinsing it down with my 2nd mouthful, I noticed cloudy bacterial growth and spit it out in the sink! I could still taste the chemical after I spit out the 2nd rotten juice mouthful, but I don’t think I wasted much of the miprocin dose.

It was a more nauseous and sickly comeup than usual (thanks to the apple juice, perhaps only mentally) and it honestly never settled in to much of a trip.

i rode my bike to a tiny one mile trail nearby and hiked around admiring all the birds. I was still feeling a bit sickly. I sat on a downed tree and came up with the idea to start a little fire. After stacking a bunch of twigs I managed to get it going with only one match and piece of newspaper. I tried to see if any visuals were present by zoning out to the fire. I had noticed a tiny bit of color changing before lighting the fire, but that’s about it. Not very visual and not really that much of a mental trip either. Made my way back home to check out the musical enhancement, but was let down on that front too. Was kinda sweaty and uncomfortable so I decided to shower.

The rest of the night developed into some terrible back pain and a weird, numb feeling in my foot. Probably caused by my frequent hiking these last couple weeks, but of course my drugged brain couldn’t help but consider that maybe the miprocin was at fault. I was quite nervous before deciding to trip yesterday, so it’s quite apparent that I should only trip in the future when I’m fully “feeling it” and also only when I feel better physically. Feels (again) like I’m getting too old to trip. It wasn’t exactly bad, but my hike and day overall probably would have been more enjoyable had I not tripped.

I’m done until at least 2022 :P

Smoking them is much much better!
        "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

Comment

• porkstock
          porkstock commented
          Editing a comment
          Smoking mushrooms? Miprocin?

MMM...Had one of these...

pink supreme

Comment

Working...
        X