No announcement yet.

How do you feel about death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controversial: How do you feel about death?

Click image for larger version  Name:	w2gg2cb3-1413435151.jpg Views:	6 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	117778

I find it to be rather beautiful, intriguing, and romantic. I don't find decay to be beautiful, but being physically a skeleton someday and existing intelligently as a purely spiritual creature without an annoying body always complaining and being needy of things, really appeals to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Death_(Marvel_Comics_character).png Views:	10 Size:	162.0 KB ID:	117777

We are never promised tomorrow and ten out of ten people die last I checked statistics on the issue, so better to be prepared to meet the reaper with a clean conscience I suppose. Couldn't hurt anything.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1_Grim-Reaper.jpg Views:	6 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	117779

If indeed my relationship with dead people is legit, then I'm without any fear of dying today or tomorrow. The only apprehension I have is if my entire Spirituality is a Satanic abomination and all the signs and coincidences I experience are not from the deceased at all, but some malevolent Spirits leading me to Hell.

Click image for larger version  Name:	death.jpg Views:	6 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	117780

Well, if that is the case, death wouldn't be so beautiful afterall, but I wouldn't want to be in Heaven worshipping the God that sends people to hell or allowed me to be deceived and confused anyway.

Hopefully I could be given the option to cease to exist or there's something in Hell I would really enjoy or something. Or maybe Heaven can be brought to Hell or Hell is locked from the inside and you can simply ascend the stairway to Heaven when ready and willing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	117781

I want to continue assisting earth and doing good after I'm dead. You?

That's my thoughts on it.

What are your thoughts about death? How do you react when someone you love dies? Are you ready to die? Do you find death beautiful or intriguing, full of mystery and possibilities?

I'm of the opinion it's more than just rot in a casket for some people. 100% convinced and about 99% certain of it (but open to the possibility that we just rot. All the signs in my life suggest sentient beings without bodies do exist, including some if not all dead folks exist as spooks in some realm or wandering about here on earth causing mischief till I enshrine them.)
    Last edited by Matthew Mussolini; 04-01-2021, 05:26 PM.

Do you want a controversial prefix tag for other (sub)forums? I don't believe all the subforums inherit from the top level forum, so I would have to specify a tag for each sub rather than just put one in Lifestyles and Hobbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
      Do you want a controversial prefix tag for other (sub)forums? I don't believe all the subforums inherit from the top level forum, so I would have to specify a tag for each sub rather than just put one in Lifestyles and Hobbies.
      Oh....I thought there was one and I just couldn't seem to figure it out. That would be a good feature in my opinion.

Comment

Not worried about it. But what do I know? You're the special, smart people.

Comment

I don't like death, I especially don't like it when people (or even animals) I love die. Decay and entropy is an inevitability unfortunately. I find it sad.

Comment

I'm usually indifferent to someone else's death in terms of feelings. It just doesn't make sense to me but i guess life isn't suppose to make sense. Like, why am i still alive and yet everyday a mother or a father to a child, or a best friend to someone ends up dead. Someone who has more purpose ends up dead while a person who lives a purposeless existence still lives.

Comment

Death to me means closure of that person's suffering.
            I lost an uncle this year to cancer of the lungs.
            He also had other health concerns as well. He was 88 years old.
            Back in 2014 i lost my other uncle to cancer. He passed away 2 days before his 71st birthday.
            My natural mother passed away from sepsis whilst recovering from cancer in hospital. She passed away 31 days before her 70th birthday in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropical Breeze View Post
              I'm usually indifferent to someone else's death in terms of feelings. It just doesn't make sense to me but i guess life isn't suppose to make sense. Like, why am i still alive and yet everyday a mother or a father to a child, or a best friend to someone ends up dead. Someone who has more purpose ends up dead while a person who lives a purposeless existence still lives.
              I have totally asked the same question, as the life I live would be considered probably the most worthless one of any at this forum (if the world were to vote on who is most worthless), why I go on living is beyond me (I even survived jumping off a three story building onto concrete, laying in front of an oncoming train in the pitch black night, and charging at police while reaching into my pocket saying I had a gun. Yet, here we are!).

But who knows, I bless , enshrine , burn candles + incense to, and pray to dead people. Maybe that isn't an entirely worthless existence. Maybe it accomplishes critical good in our sad world.

Ya never know, you might want to take up prayer as a full time job, and your faith would grow to the point it moves mountains. Ya never know!

Comment

• Tropical Breeze
                Tropical Breeze commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep. Never underestimate the power of prayer.

Sometimes a little nervous, but mostly vaguely excited. I really hope I have another 25 years at least though, I have stuff to do.

The thought of my very close friends or little brother dying makes me feel sick.

The thought of my parents dying, more just sad at the fleeting nature of our time here. I accept it as part of living, though. As long as people live into old age, which to me begins around 70, it shouldn't be something too horrific. Missing someone will always hurt.

Comment

I have no issues with death, it is perhaps the most natural thing in life

Comment

Transitional…

Comment

Lethal. Natural also, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by boubindica View Post
                      Transitional…
                      Oh wow!

You have an avatar of the lovely mother of death , cemeteries, war, and destruction. Kali Mamma. I love Kali.

Comment

• boubindica
                        boubindica commented
                        Editing a comment
                        She is just one aspect of mother goddess. In a time of great evil, I thought her appropriate for now. I love her too

relieved released recycled

Comment

Working...
                      X