Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of the Bible?

The
    Last edited by Geonagual; 09-28-2020, 10:35 PM.

Open
    Last edited by Geonagual; 09-28-2020, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I haven't read the bible in a very long time. I was raised Catholic when i was younger. I don't have much of an opinion other than if i recall they told some pretty cool stories. Its good as a short story book.

Comment

i was also raised catholic. i tried to read the bible once when i was young, but it was really boring and i just couldn't make myself do it. i did have a children's bible that just told one page versions of the more interesting stories, and that was pretty cool. the full thing just has way too much pointless crap thrown in between the good parts.

Comment

It's a priceless book because of the historic value. Love it. Some great stories. But I love history, mythology and folklore, so i was bound to dig it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	itsatrap-2-1280x720.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	20251

Comment

Venus human trap

Comment

You know what. I don't, really. "Bible" doesn't conjure up any emotional response or opinion.. Just a kind of massive backdrop painted in watercolors or something, with key scenes illustrated in a collage.
                The idea of it as an object separate than being just a book.When I was briefly attending a born again church, I was most fascinated by Revelations.

Comment

Originally posted by J Ruth View Post
                  You know what. I don't, really. "Bible" doesn't conjure up any emotional response or opinion.. Just a kind of massive backdrop painted in watercolors or something, with key scenes illustrated in a collage.
                  The idea of it as an object separate than being just a book.When I was briefly attending a born again church, I was most fascinated by Revelations.
                  That
                  Last edited by Geonagual; 09-28-2020, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I was raised a Catholic, but left in my late teenage years...in other words, once no one could make me go to church. It seems like the books of Exodus and Leviticus would make anyone look elsewhere for a religion, but there is much about the religious mind I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
                      I was raised a Catholic, but left in my late teenage years...in other words, once no one could make me go to church. It seems like the books of Exodus and Leviticus would make anyone look elsewhere for a religion, but there is much about the religious mind I don't understand.
                      Those books are rough and I understand

Comment

Originally posted by Geonagual View Post
                        Those books are rough and I understand
                        It was also a hard time for the Israelites, being slaves to Egyptians and then being freed and 40 year trek to the promised land. Filled with lots of battles and hardships. Imagine eating mana everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Geonagual View Post
                          It was also a hard time for the Israelites, being slaves to Egyptians and then being freed and 40 year trek to the promised land. Filled with lots of battles and hardships. Imagine eating mana everyday
                          Another story I don't quite get. From Cairo to Jerusalem is, according to Google, about 260 miles. It took them forty years? They were travelling 6.5 miles per year, or 31.3 yards per day, in other words. Not even 1/3 of a football field. Were they walking around in circles?

Comment

moses had the worst GPS.

Comment

Their homeland was taken. By giants even. It's all there in the story folks..

Comment

Working...
                              X