The Last of Us 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last of Us 2

Yay, the long wait is over! And it seems it was worth it. Anyone else having this on their 'to play' list!? 6-eyed ?? 😀

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-last-of-us-part-2-release-date.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	2863
    Last edited by Din Djarin; 06-20-2020, 01:44 PM.

I'm probably gonna play through the first one again before I get this.

Comment

i bought a used copy of the first one a few months ago and haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet. now that everyone's talking about the sequel, that may motivate me to actually do the original.

Comment

• Din Djarin
        Din Djarin commented
        Editing a comment
        You're in for a real treat! I was very late with playing the original too. In fact, I was one of the peeps who was glad it was remastered for ps4 (same with the Uncharted games, from the same developer), otherwise I wouldn't have played it at all!!
        I know you will enjoy the story and characters

Hi Asmo

Sadly the franchise is ruined.

Sooo glad I did not pre-order this game. Much less spend money on a new PlayStation for it.

They killed off important characters to replace them with a trans-woman. How the hell does someone become a tranny to have the surgeries and find hormone therapy in a post-apocalypse world? There’s also a cringe section scene where this character takes it up the shit chute.

It currently has high praise from gaming journalists, but a 3.5 rating from users on Metacritic. All this tells me is, like we learned from Gamer Gate, the gaming industry is politically biased and corrupt. And the voices of real gamers and fans are ignored.

Comment

Like a story, games need to identify with their audience.
        Characters must be identified with.
        Creating a trans character game will only
        be identified with by .6% of the population.
        Well that worked out.

It is so stupid, such a stupid business move.
        Let’s praise them for their lack of business sense
        killing jobs, going under but they took a stand!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
          Hi Asmo

Sadly the franchise is ruined.

Sooo glad I did not pre-order this game. Much less spend money on a new PlayStation for it.

They killed off important characters to replace them with a trans-woman. How the hell does someone become a tranny to have the surgeries and find hormone therapy in a post-apocalypse world? There’s also a cringe section scene where this character takes it up the shit chute.

It currently has high praise from gaming journalists, but a 3.5 rating from users on Metacritic. All this tells me is, like we learned from Gamer Gate, the gaming industry is politically biased and corrupt. And the voices of real gamers and fans are ignored.
          I heard the same comments (game is ruined) just because Ellie is lesbian lol. I would not judge so soon myself, although yes, technically becoming transgender in a world where such surgeries are unlikely to get, doesn't really fit. But... this is also the first time I heard there's a transgender woman in it! Regardless, this only ruins it for some people (as it appears mainly people who choose to view it as such in advance because one decision doesn't suit them). It doesn't say much about the essence of the story or gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowOne View Post
            Like a story, games need to identify with their audience.
            Characters must be identified with.
            Creating a trans character game will only
            be identified with by .6% of the population.
            Well that worked out.

It is so stupid, such a stupid business move.
            Let’s praise them for their lack of business sense
            killing jobs, going under but they took a stand!
            The main protagonist is 1) not transgender, and 2) portrayed in such a way I as a hetero male man could identify with her just fine (and she's a girl with lesbian tendencies in the first game).
            Also, some of the best games ever made were so partly because they made bold original moves, not catering to the mainstream gamer/audience's standard preferences

We will see if this game becomes a business disaster or a success. Your conviction seems arguable.

Comment

There’s also a cringe section scene where this character takes it up the shit chute.
              Good lord, this is in a video game? Whatever happened to Asteroids and Donkey Kong?

Comment

• Din Djarin
                Din Djarin commented
                Editing a comment
                Although sex and romance scenes are not uncommon anymore in video games, homo- and transsexual sex scenes are rarely graphically portrayed. I expect stating it as 'this character is taking it up the shit chute' in a scene is charged as usual from this poster.. and its not as visible as it sounds :P
                That a lesbian woman has sex with a trans woman is of course not as remarkable as it seems to some. So technically it also doesn't have to be in a movie or video game. It's only so because it was uncommon.

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

I heard the same comments (game is ruined) just because Ellie is lesbian lol. I would not judge so soon myself, although yes, technically becoming transgender in a world where such surgeries are unlikely to get, doesn't really fit. But... this is also the first time I heard there's a transgender woman in it! Regardless, this only ruins it for some people (as it appears mainly people who choose to view it as such in advance because one decision doesn't suit them). It doesn't say much about the essence of the story or gameplay.
              I couldn’t care less if Ellie was lesbian. The problem was they turned her and Joel into the villains.

SPOILER Below:

They killed Joel. Seems did it as a way to symbolically crush what he represented: straight white toxic masculinity. To make way for the trans character.

Comment

Lol, that is your intrerpretation of a story you haven't even played through yet. Or you took this subjective conclusion over of some other bitter person.

Btw. The spoiler alert doesn't work if the spoiler is just below it... So thanks but no thanks (if you post plot spoilers again be sure to hit the enter button a lot more times. Or just don't out of consideration for others who are interested in playing this story)

I think you ruin this game for yourself in advance. Just because there's a trans person in it and the line between good and bad is blurred (suits me, do goody characters and cliche evil villains become kind of stale)

Comment

So, this game/franchise is ruined for certain folks because there's a trans person having sex in it, but no, it's actually because the trans person kills a beloved protagonist lol and the protagonist has succumbed to vengeance. Uhm, recall how Joel needed to be persuaded to 'do good' in the first one? He always had a bitter 'nasty' (or apathic to others/the general good) side.

Seems did it as a way to symbolically crush what he represented: straight white toxic masculinity. To make way for the trans character.

Lol... just lol. What an unneccesary conclusion to make in advance. Don't you see you're jumping on that the same way a libtard would on something that they find dislikable? It says at least as much about how you let your taste/views on art or entertainment be affected by topical issues in society, than just the makers of this game. It doesn't necessarily says much about the game, certainly not the quality of how the story is told or the gameplay.
                  Last edited by Din Djarin; 06-21-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Btw. The spoiler alert doesn't work if the spoiler is just below it...
                    i actually managed to scroll past without reading the spoiler. must be my heightened reflexes from playing too many video games. that said, i'll probably stop reading this thread just to be safe.

i wonder if spoiler tags work here.
                    Spoiler test

Comment

• Undies
                      Undies commented
                      Editing a comment
                      well that's a shame.

The main protagonist is 1) not transgender, and 2) portrayed in such a way I as a hetero male man could identify with her just fine (and she's a girl with lesbian tendencies in the first game). Your conviction seems arguable.
                    Is a girl who is being taught by a man how to survive
                    a father figure in fact considered a lesbian? A girl who does stereotypical
                    boy things is considered a lesbian? Did she need a doll to be a girl?
                    No longer female? This is called stereotyping in my world.
                    Her sexual orientation matters not in the story. Why bother?
                    It is a useless Direction to go. Will there be anal?

I wish there was simply a thumbs down so I didn’t have to respond.
                    Last edited by KnowOne; 06-21-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Ok Joel gets killed in the first two hours, Then you play the character
                      who kills Joel.

the developers have claimed copyright infringement and has had peoples
                      accounts deleted for just discussing it. Then deleted for discussing deleted
                      accounts gets deleted.

At end Elli and Abby have a battle, Elli wins and then simply
                      lets her go. Moral of the story is revenge never solves anything.
                      justice is bad.

Comment

So sad. I always knew that movies often suffered from sequel syndrome. But never a video game. Video game sequels usually have enhanced game play, graphics, and sometimes a better story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfJA...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                        X