Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree there is something wrong with the seven deadly sins?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Do you agree there is something wrong with the seven deadly sins?

    Pride (not healthy pride but vanity, excessive time before a mirror and narcissism for example)

    Lust (not healthy sexual arousal but being a pervert and objectifying people for sexual gratification. Also Lust can be greed for money, power, and material possessions).

    Anger (not a righteous anger but rage, hatred, and unforgiveness).

    Covetousness (desiring what you cannot have. Desiring what doesn't belong to you).

    Jealousy (not all forms of envy are bad, but this is talking more about wishing ill upon someone because of how fortunate you think they are).

    Sloth (Laziness that is above and beyond healthy relaxation to the point it is hazardous to one's health.)

    Gluttony (excessive eating and drinking, often resulting in obesity. Gluttony I would put in the same category as excessive abuse of drugs and alcohol. Not moderation.)

    I have checked "Yes, guilty" to all those at various times in my life. I would agree, all of them are vices, all are going to bring harm to the person who excessively falls into them.

    Can you argue otherwise?

    #2
    Originally posted by ill Duce View Post
    Pride (not healthy pride but vanity, excessive time before a mirror and narcissism for example)

    Lust (not healthy sexual arousal but being a pervert and objectifying people for sexual gratification. Also Lust can be greed for money, power, and material possessions).

    Anger (not a righteous anger but rage, hatred, and unforgiveness).

    Covetousness (desiring what you cannot have. Desiring what doesn't belong to you).

    Jealousy (not all forms of envy are bad, but this is talking more about wishing ill upon someone because of how fortunate you think they are).

    Sloth (Laziness that is above and beyond healthy relaxation to the point it is hazardous to one's health.)

    Gluttony (excessive eating and drinking, often resulting in obesity. Gluttony I would put in the same category as excessive abuse of drugs and alcohol. Not moderation.)

    I have checked "Yes, guilty" to all those at various times in my life. I would agree, all of them are vices, all are going to bring harm to the person who excessively falls into them.

    Can you argue otherwise?
    Matthew Mussolini No, except I think we all are guilty of "sinning" - how can we not sin when we are living in a world that does its best to make prostitutes of us all. Buy. Lie. Be blind. Remain silent. Hate. Torture. Wear false masks. Flatter. Fuck like rabbits. Take care of yourself, and judge those that cannot do the same. Murder humans and animals. Stare at a girl's tits, instead of her beautiful face.

    Moderation is the best we can hope for - unless we are saints. And those are hard to come by :-)

    Comment


      #3
      All bad and works of the flesh...we should be striving for fruits of the spirit
      Last edited by SusieDerkins; 02-25-2021, 11:34 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Look at women as sisters

        Comment


          #5
          “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control”

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SusieDerkins View Post
            Look at women as sisters
            Like nuns?


            (nuns are referred to as religious sisters).

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ill Duce View Post

              Like nuns?


              (nuns are referred to as religious sisters).
              no. Like you would your own sister. Not in a sexual way

              Comment


              • Amerijuanican
                Amerijuanican commented
                Editing a comment
                But we are not supposed to look at them at all, nowadays.

              #8
              I agree they all have the potential to negatively impact one's life but what is meant by deadly sins? And what's in the box?

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by SusieDerkins View Post

                no. Like you would your own sister. Not in a sexual way
                If I see a hot girl who isn't my sister I will try not to get aroused, but it isn't like I'm able to do that even if my life depended on it.

                I can see Muslim women and nuns as sisters but when I see the thong riding up the bum crack, the cleavage, or the sexy finery women wear in our hedonistic society, I'm not seeing a sister anymore lol.

                But I have reached a point where I want what is best for the female, not to use her to satisfy selfish gratification, even if she is a whore and asking for it.

                I don't think dress code should ever be enforced, but if every woman dressed like this:

                Click image for larger version

Name:	istockphoto-172476955-612x612.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	103041 Click image for larger version

Name:	800px_COLOURBOX5665176.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	103042 Click image for larger version

Name:	91253444-pretty-muslim-girl-in-hijab-in-cafe.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	103043


                Men as a general rule would treat women with far more respect and dignity and see the whole person, not just delight in external appearance which is deception, fleeting, and fragile.

                Bikinis are awesome and women should be allowed to get a sun tan just as much as men, so I'm not promoting a double standard.

                Also, I have nipples too and go topless, so why not them lol.

                But my point remains. Our hedonistic society, thanks to the errors of Communism and far left secular errors, trains men to be perverted , shallow minded, immature, selfish, and have no morals.

                So, women do themselves a favor to not stir up lust.

                Comment


                  #10
                  You can, just always look in their eyes. If you see something that could arouse you, divert your eyes. This a very hard exercise

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Yeah right. It's the left that objectifies women.

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
                      I agree they all have the potential to negatively impact one's life but what is meant by deadly sins? And what's in the box?
                      Scripture refers to them as deadly in that they wound the mind and soul sometimes to the point of being Spiritually dead. I don't agree that people who regularly falls into gluttony are dead spiritually, but it can be very harmful, which is why fasting is recommended in every major Religion I can think of.

                      There is nothing in the box, I just had one for myself declaring I'm guilty of each. Gluttony I'm only guilty of in the form of what I smoke. But I usually almost always smoke a dime a day which border lines on moderation.
                      ​​​​​​

                      Comment


                        #13
                        The difference between mysticism and religion: The mystic seeks the mind of God; the religious person knows the mind of God.

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Originally posted by neonspectraltoast View Post
                          Yeah right. It's the left that objectifies women.
                          Not always, the right is almost just as guilty of the sin I'm guessing, but conservatives used to have it so you didn't even have swearing on TV, but pushing pornography, abortion, hedonism, and materialism, and immodesty comes far more from the left.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by neonspectraltoast View Post
                            The difference between mysticism and religion: The mystic seeks the mind of God; the religious person knows the mind of God.
                            Then I'm a mystic

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X