Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verba Volant, SCRIPTA MANENT!

Hello everyone!

I understand that many of you might value their privacy.
    Who doesn't, after all?
    But although I feel the same way to some extent, I would like to share some things with you so that you get a better understanding of who I am.
    My name is Natalia and I am originally from Greece. I consider J Ruth to be my best friend and I got to know her via my husband who is also a friend of hers.
    I grew up dreaming about like-minded people and scarcely ever met them. So I think that this site is a marvelous thing and so glad that we can all speak freely in here.
    I have a lot of controversial views on most subjects so I want to apologise in advance if I insult someone. Bear in your minds that I don't mean to and I tend to be happy to change my mind if my views are challenged and proven wrong. So don't be sceptical about challenging me if you thing that I am wrong. I appreciate honesty, openness and logic above all else so be blunt and I would not be offended. :-)

To the many great conversations that can be had in this space I say, welcome and I am glad that they are written down so that they can pass the test of time.
    Verba volant, scripta manent is a Latin proverb. Literally translated, it means "spoken words fly away, written words remain".

So feel free to ask and if you don't, still, FEEL FREE! :-)

Thanks to everyone!!

oh you will fit in just as wonderfully as i imagined

Comment

Hi Natalia! Glad you're here, and I already know if you're a friend of J Ruth's you must be pretty cool

I look forward to discussing some of your controversial views haha

Comment

Hi Meliai!

Thank you! I have heard about you too. For a while J has told me of her friends in here and how special you are to her.
        I am happy to be part of it when I can. What do you do with your life if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Do you like the Rolling Stones and lasagna?

Comment

i love lasagna (vegetarian versions of it).
            I like the Rolling Stones but given your icon would say you like them more than me. :-)

Do you like talking to trees and biting ice cubes?

Comment

You answer wisely my new friend.

I haven't tried talking to trees. If they answered back I would freak. And I prefer crushed ice with my drinks but yeah, munch on them.

Comment

if they answer back, you make sure that you record it. Not only you will get something wise to share with us but you would probably win the Randi Prize!!

Comment

Actually, if they answer back I will use my psychiatrist's emergency number. He'd probably have me put in the hospital for a while. 😀

Comment

Hahaha! and then he would steal your Randi prize..

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeltramp View Post
                      Hahaha! and then he would steal your Randi prize..
                      Randi always wins.

Comment

He more like loses $1,000,000. You win, because you have actually communicated with an Oak. Or a Willow, you pick!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeltramp View Post
                          He more like loses $1,000,000. You win, because you have actually communicated with an Oak. Or a Willow, you pick!
                          Here is my tulip poplar and me about a year ago. When I first set it out it was about my height. I've never spoken to it, however.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tulip-Poplar-and-Me.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	1107

Comment

A poplar will do. Maybe we should have a blog about gardening! I started moringa a few months back and now my kitchen is full of little pots.

Comment

Dice next time we see you and your popular i shall expect you to have become much closer through your long evening conversations, and you to have your arm around it!

Comment

Working...
                              X