• 6-eyed
    commented on 's reply
    Rock on ? I sent a friend request

6eyedshaman
  • Undies
    Very hot dog

• Undies
    replied
    i decided i wanted some mindless fun tonight, and for some stupid reason i decided "mindless" meant chess. so i actually signed up on this site and played against the computer several times, and now i think i'm ready for an opponent who isn't an algorithm designed to make beginner chess players feel good about themselves.

so any current chessers, i'm on chess.com as chessiemacchessface (clearly i was not the first to attempt the obvious username either, i had to go through a few spellings before i found one that wasn't taken).

Leave a comment:

• Coldwater

• Coldwater
    replied
    I first became interested in chess back in the 1980s while watching a series of matches between Anatoly Karpov and Garry Kasparov on PBS.

I didn't know the game very well but I couldn't take my eyes off the TV set.

I started playing with my friends and while I was never all that good, I discovered I was very good at watching other people play and anticipating their moves.

Still my interest never waivered and there was a brief resurgent in the 1990s with the movie Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993) and the series of matches between Garry Kasparov and the IBM supercomputer Deep Blue.

Today I still enjoy watching youtube videos from Washington Square Park with trash talking 8, 9, and 10 year old's taking on street hustlers and GMs

Leave a comment:

• Din Djarin

• Din Djarin
    commented on 's reply
    Duly noted :-)
  • Jessica
    radical spirit

• Jessica
    replied
    I just wanted to bump this thread and remind everyone that a couple of us play and more of you should download the app and play, too.

Games can be set to have a five day time limit on moves so not having time is a bad excuse - you don't have to sit down and play a game start to finish, you can just make a move whenever you have a moment.

Leave a comment:

• niftypebble21
    Whatever's best ♥

• niftypebble21
    commented on 's reply
    Din Djarin
    Din Djarin cheers asmo: )♥
  • Din Djarin

• Din Djarin
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats Pebbles
  • niftypebble21
    Whatever's best ♥

• niftypebble21
    commented on 's reply
    6-eyed
    Shit Disturber
    6-eyed thanks very much♥ & yup cheers to a rematch I just now sent you rematch invite
  • 6-eyed
    Shit Disturber

• 6-eyed
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats
    Now, a rematch
  • niftypebble21
    Whatever's best ♥

• niftypebble21
    replied
    Hi happy Friday greetings
    6-eyed
    Shit Disturber
    6-eyed hope you're doing well ♥ it's been a lot of fun playing chess with you again this week & very cool to win my first online chess game against you: ) & even more special to win because you are the first real friend, real person online opponent (instead of playing a chess bot) I have played game of chess & actually won a game?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Won23rdJuly2021_checkmate.png Views:	1 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	162349
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1Won23rdJuly2021_checkmate.png Views:	1 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	162348
    I love that on chess.com you can replay your chess games & very cool interesting to see our chess stats broken down too: )
    niftypebble21
    Whatever's best ♥
    Last edited by niftypebble21; 07-23-2021, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 6-eyed
    Shit Disturber

• 6-eyed
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. I guess the app glitched when I clicked the rematch button
  • niftypebble21
    Whatever's best ♥

• niftypebble21
    commented on 's reply
    6-eyed
    Shit Disturber
    6-eyed hi hope all's well I've closed down 2 of those games & with the 3rd one made my 1st move today: ) so now it's your move next
    niftypebble21
    Whatever's best ♥
    Last edited by niftypebble21; 07-12-2021, 03:45 PM.
  • 6-eyed
    Shit Disturber

• 6-eyed
    commented on 's reply
    I think I accidentally opened 3 new games when you, Nifty. Oh well. Your move
  • niftypebble21
    Whatever's best ♥

• niftypebble21
    commented on 's reply
    6-eyed
    Shit Disturber
    6-eyed I just realised you did not accept me re-match request yet I'm free all day today so got plenty of time for a re-match
    Jessica
    radical spirit
    Jessica hi cheers for sending across chess game request I've now accepted and made 1st move: )
Working...
X