You could say I got in a fight last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could say I got in a fight last night

It was just after sunset and I was waking my dog through the park. The sky was dimly lit, and Charlie and I were walking around a curve where the trail forked where 2 pathways merged into 1. Around the blind corner from the other trail from out of the foliage was a couple with 2 very large belligerent dogs on a double leash. Their dogs charged and the couple lost their grip on the leash. Next thing I know these dogs are attacking and biting Charlie! I’m kicking these dogs right in the head to get them to stop. The double leash wraps around me and brings me down to the ground, and I get tangled in the leashes. I’m fighting the dogs; punching them in the face while trying to free Charlie from danger. Seconds seemed like minutes before the owners finally get their dogs under control, and I'm on the ground all tangled up and bound really tight in this double leash. They work to free me up from the mess I'm trapped within, and I'm so pissed off with them I tell the guy, "Keep your dogs on a fucking leash before I put you on a leash! I should call the police on you right now." They tried to ease the conflict but I was way too angry. I told them I never wanted to see them and their dogs again, and the guy had the gall to say, "Well then don't come to the park." His girlfriend was the peacemaker who told him to shut up and let it go. But I said ,"Fuck off and don't bring attack dogs in public!" We then parted ways before it got any worse. I wanted knock the guy out cold, but of course the dogs would act up again if I did that.

Fortunately Charlie and I had no visible injuries at the time. Except my hip now hurts where I fell. I'm still shaken up by all this. I rarely ever carry a concealed defense weapon, but now I think I will do it more often from now on. I'm gonna enroll in self defense classes soon.

Same thing happened to a mate a while ago but the owner of the Rouge Dog whipped him across the head with his dogs chain sixteen stitches

Comment

• 6-eyed
      6-eyed commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn. Yeah my incident could’ve gone much worse

I was let down by the story, I thought you were going to throw fists at a human. Still, that sounds shitty having to fend off attack dogs while tangled up in leashes.

Comment

I don't think self defense classes normally cover how to defend against an animal attack. I never really thought about it before, but that does seem like kind of a failing on the class's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post
        I don't think self defense classes normally cover how to defend against an animal attack. I never really thought about it before, but that does seem like kind of a failing on the class's part.
        I’m not taking a self defense class to fight dogs. Just their negligent owners. Fortunately for me the owners of the attack dogs did their part in stopping the situation from being worse. Next time I might not be as lucky.

Comment

I think its pretty rare for dog owners to attack people just because their dog decided to attack. But i do think there are some dog defense sprays out there. You might want to look into that.

That situation looks like it was a simple accident. But i do hate irresponsible dog owners. And i understand the urge to want to attack them if their dog becomes a threat to yours or your dog's safety.

Comment

Dogs often act upon the energy coming from their owner. Hence why if someone's on their guard in advance too much the dog can be on edge the whole time BECAUSE of that, even though the owner is overly on their guard for the opposite reason :P

This may also explain why BBB thinks she had a racist dog

Comment

Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
              I was let down by the story, I thought you were going to throw fists at a human. Still, that sounds shitty having to fend off attack dogs while tangled up in leashes.
              Imagine how much better this story might have been if he was wearing his concealed weapon at that time! Ah well, maybe next time! (Merca, fuck yeah!!)

Comment

• 6-eyed
                6-eyed commented
                Editing a comment
                Concealed weapon does not always mean a pistol. There are other options. You can carry a concealed defense weapon in your country too.

• Din Djarin
                Din Djarin commented
                Editing a comment
                Valid nuancation What kind of concealed weapon did you have in mind at first instance?
                6-eyed

• 6-eyed
                6-eyed commented
                Editing a comment
                I do have a collapsible baton that fits in your pocket. Other items might be made, a blade, or a zapper.

Originally posted by Tropical Breeze View Post
              I think its pretty rare for dog owners to attack people just because their dog decided to attack. But i do think there are some dog defense sprays out there. You might want to look into that.

That situation looks like it was a simple accident. But i do hate irresponsible dog owners. And i understand the urge to want to attack them if their dog becomes a threat to yours or your dog's safety.
              It was a mere accident. I’ve seen aggressive dogs at parks before, often held in choke collars, and the owners keep a distance from everyone else.

But not these folks. It was idiotic of them to have 2 massive dogs that looked like part husky/German shepherd, on a double leash. That’s twice the force you have to restrain if they both take off running. Even worse it was the chick, not the man, who was holding onto both dogs in that double leash. She wasn’t strong enough to hold them both back by herself, but he might have been. Complete idiots.

Plus, humans can get seriously injured trying to stop dogs fighting. Even if the dogs aren’t aiming for the human, they can get badly bit just being in the way. That’s why I was very worried about my safety when I was on the ground and tangled between two attack dogs. I see myself as damn lucky I merely got a bruised hip from it all.

Comment

Most online defence stuff is bullshit

There's no real way to guard against another human with a blade.

And dogs you have to go for the upper throat, their teeth are the only thing they can hurt you with

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
                  There's no real way to guard against another human with a blade.
                  indiana jones

Comment

Another blade and some skill of course could do the trick just fine as well. Same with an unexpected closeby use of some mace or something like that.

"That's not a knife..!"

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post

It was just after sunset and I was waking my dog through the park. The sky was dimly lit, and Charlie and I were walking around a curve where the trail forked where 2 pathways merged into 1. Around the blind corner from the other trail from out of the foliage was a couple with 2 very large belligerent dogs on a double leash. Their dogs charged and the couple lost their grip on the leash. Next thing I know these dogs are attacking and biting Charlie! I’m kicking these dogs right in the head to get them to stop. The double leash wraps around me and brings me down to the ground, and I get tangled in the leashes. I’m fighting the dogs; punching them in the face while trying to free Charlie from danger. Seconds seemed like minutes before the owners finally get their dogs under control, and I'm on the ground all tangled up and bound really tight in this double leash. They work to free me up from the mess I'm trapped within, and I'm so pissed off with them I tell the guy, "Keep your dogs on a fucking leash before I put you on a leash! I should call the police on you right now." They tried to ease the conflict but I was way too angry. I told them I never wanted to see them and their dogs again, and the guy had the gall to say, "Well then don't come to the park." His girlfriend was the peacemaker who told him to shut up and let it go. But I said ,"Fuck off and don't bring attack dogs in public!" We then parted ways before it got any worse. I wanted knock the guy out cold, but of course the dogs would act up again if I did that.

Fortunately Charlie and I had no visible injuries at the time. Except my hip now hurts where I fell. I'm still shaken up by all this. I rarely ever carry a concealed defense weapon, but now I think I will do it more often from now on. I'm gonna enroll in self defense classes soon.
                      Sounds like you had a rough day, i hope you are better now.

Comment

If that happened to me when walking rajah i'd be reporting the owner and the dog to the local rspca.

Comment

I'm surprised the dogs didn't at least draw blood.

Glad you're okay!

Comment

Working...
                          X