Funny things a parent has said.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny things a parent has said.

Parents can be adorably weird, naive, or simply out of touch (sometimes with reality.) So I have created a thread for amusing parental anecdotes.

My mom thought this song was "hand me the ho." ?

I went to Boston with my mom a few years ago and she pronounced it "Massetusettes" the whole time

Parents are cute

Comment

My mom INSISTS (to this day, after many arguments) that octopi is the singular, and octopus is the plural.

Comment

My dad once said all vodkas taste the same. No matter what the distillery or the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Meliai View Post
          I went to Boston with my mom a few years ago and she pronounced it "Massetusettes" the whole time

Parents are cute
          My dad pronounced "Nevada" Nev-A-da.

Comment

My friend's dad once said all craft beer tastes like grapefruit.
            I think about that almost everytime I have a beer because he's not wrong.

Comment

• 6-eyed
              6-eyed commented
              Editing a comment
              He’s very wrong. Never had a craft porter or stout taste like grapefruit lol

My mother once lectured a trick or treater who came to our door after 11pm. I didn't disagree with her, that's pretty late to knock on someone's door, especially with all the lights out.

Anyway, having her turn her superpowers on some other kid for a change was both funny and refreshing.

Comment

My dad doesn't really say funny things in the context that I think you're looking for. He's more funny (embarassing) in stuff he does. Like he'll get super frustrated over a game of mini golf or something.

Although I don't rag on him about that stuff too much because he demoralizes everyone in games like Scrabble.

Comment

I still have quite a few things stuck in my head that my dad would say
                he would say “ love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe”
                or
                “just between me and you and the light post”
                or
                ”that is about as handy as a shirt pocket “

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
                  My dad once said all vodkas taste the same. No matter what the distillery or the price.
                  He was wrong? Crystal head vodka is the best I've ever had, Dan Ackroyds company.

Comment

Originally posted by Youfreeme View Post
                    My mom INSISTS (to this day, after many arguments) that octopi is the singular, and octopus is the plural.
                    I always thought Octopi was the plural form, however my daughter informed me that it is indeed Octopusses.

She's not wrong, I looked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post

I always thought Octopi was the plural form, however my daughter informed me that it is indeed Octopusses.

She's not wrong, I looked it up.
                      Really? What?! No...

I heard both were correct. What about cactusses/cacti?

Comment

Originally posted by everything bagel View Post

Really? What?! No...

I heard both were correct. What about cactusses/cacti?
                        I had to google this-

Dictionaries differ on which plural they prefer, though they list both. Webster's New World College Dictionary likes “cactuses,” while American Heritage and Merriam-Webster go with “cacti.” Therefore either is correct. (M-W says “cactus” is also an acceptable plural.)

Comment

• everything bagel
                          everything bagel commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's just gonna be easier for me to never mention octopusses or cacti ever again

Have heard from one parent that they think that Beer is actually piss as in human urine.

Found it funny because they got the info from youtube which showed some idiot pissing into a beer bottle

Comment

One time, when my mom was falling asleep, she said, "Andy, put on your safety belt." ?

Comment

Working...
                          X