Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The internet in 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The internet in 2021





    In my spare time sick start of this week I travelled the web to see what the kids are up to nowadays, and to help answer the question - where did all the people that used to be on messageboards go?


    Started off with Til Tok, which is just shit, like a poormans YouTube clone
    Then Twitch, some good stuff on there, live musos, live painters etc. But also 90% of it is just shit, 50 people watching some dude play a game, 20 people sitting around armchair umpiring the baseball, even one chic that was just chatting to people in a coffee shop and the $2000 in equipment required to do that


    Nothing is getting better, it's just getting worse

    #2
    I think I would have enjoyed Snapchat had it come out a few years earlier. It's got some fun effects to play with and it seems like it allows anybody to make stylized professional looking videos more readily than say youtube, which has more of a learning curve and/or requires more technical knowledge.

    Apps have taken over the internet message boards, they cater more to the mobile experience and allow for instant video and picture uploads.

    Comment


      #3
      I'm a laggard when it comes to new apps like TikTok, Snapchat, Whatsapp, Twitch, and such. Never used any of that stuff. So I'm already en route to becoming a technophobe before I'm an old geezer.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
        I think I would have enjoyed Snapchat had it come out a few years earlier. It's got some fun effects to play with and it seems like it allows anybody to make stylized professional looking videos more readily than say youtube, which has more of a learning curve and/or requires more technical knowledge.

        Apps have taken over the internet message boards, they cater more to the mobile experience and allow for instant video and picture uploads.
        Woah, Snapchat's initial release was only a year after Instagram, it's almost a decade old. I did not realize it was that old, I thought it arrived on the scene in the middle of the decade.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
          I think I would have enjoyed Snapchat had it come out a few years earlier. It's got some fun effects to play with and it seems like it allows anybody to make stylized professional looking videos more readily than say youtube, which has more of a learning curve and/or requires more technical knowledge.

          Apps have taken over the internet message boards, they cater more to the mobile experience and allow for instant video and picture uploads.
          Meh, lame videos where you can put bunny ears on yourself get old pretty quickly

          all this new fandagled stuff I found underwhelming

          Comment


            #6
            Seemed like about 1998 to 2010 was best for message boards. There just isn't as much interesting stuff online now. Partly because of internet in a phone, and partly because of the Political Correctness police haha... we needed someone to save ourselves, we were getting naughty. I always though some naughtiness was fun..
            mother moon -she's calling me back to her silver womb,
            father of creation -takes me from my stolen tomb
            seventh-advent unicorn is waiting in the skies,
            a symptom of the universe, a love that never dies!
            🧙‍♂️

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post
              Seemed like about 1998 to 2010 was best for message boards. There just isn't as much interesting stuff online now. Partly because of internet in a phone, and partly because of the Political Correctness police haha... we needed someone to save ourselves, we were getting naughty. I always though some naughtiness was fun..
              What do you mean by naughty?

              Comment


              • Amerijuanican
                Amerijuanican commented
                Editing a comment
                We used to get away with saying what we wanted online, if we said a foul word here or there we weren't censored like FB would these days (as an example)... notice how much cleaner comments on YT are now compared to then. We're being reminded to be good boys and girls. Its kind of cute, really. Like our parents following us wherever we go after we leave the house to live with our bride, to make sure we don't get too ornery.

              #8
              Advertise the board, maybe we could use a twitch streamer. Set up a just chat thingy, with a treefortforums banner in the background

              Which member here has no life and wants to chat 12 hrs a day for measley donations?

              Comment


                #9
                Here's one with boobs for PD, just fricking talking about Nuthin


                Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

                Comment


                #10
                Let's put rolling or Glen in drag with fake tits and a bikini top, you know, for the greater good of treefort

                Comment


                  #11
                  the kids today have pretty deep conversations in Instagram comments sometimes.

                  ​​​​​​I think areas like this that aren't exclusive to one ideology are too confusing for them.

                  I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be anti-establishment these days, because in the 60s and 70s it was to be liberal, free love, anti war, anti the church, the monarchy etc. Now we have the right wingers calling all that stuff conformist and positioning themselves as the anti establishment.

                  Maybe a whole new angle is the tech-establishment. To be anti-establishment today you post on Treefort, not Tik Tok (or any of the big sm machines)




                  ​​​​

                  Comment


                    #12
                    It is interesting the change in ideologies... as you say the left was once the radical fun loving lifestyle, and now they want us all to conform and obey, or ?

                    and the right is more independent, and therefore the enemies of all that is correct with the world. , or maybe
                    mother moon -she's calling me back to her silver womb,
                    father of creation -takes me from my stolen tomb
                    seventh-advent unicorn is waiting in the skies,
                    a symptom of the universe, a love that never dies!
                    🧙‍♂️

                    Comment


                      #13
                      Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
                      Here's one with boobs for PD, just fricking talking about Nuthin


                      Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
                      I clicked on one and she in a bath riding an inflatable crocodile...

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Originally posted by JVP View Post

                        I clicked on one and she in a bath riding an inflatable crocodile...
                        Yes, and I'm saying we need a treeforter to do something like that to get new members
                        get Glen to shave his chest then try press his elbows together

                        Comment


                          #15
                          There doesn't seem to be a gay version of mistress bunny or whatever the fuck her name was

                          Some Tom Welling lookalike chatting with his shirt off, or better yet doing stretches at the gym just in his undies. There's got to be at least one

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X