X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have haters?

If you do…. Good

That means you stood for something.

It also means people are envious of you.

Once upon a time I feared being hated on; I wanted to be accepted everywhere I went. I was a people pleaser

But now, I embrace the hatred directed upon me. Become unapologetic about your beliefs and actions. With some people, there’s simply no way to win their respect no matter what you do.

Not really (talking about real life here lol, I'm sure I have a few haters on the old treefort but they don't really know me so whatevs)

A friend of mine once told me she would find it weird if someone didn't like me. It was meant to be complimentary but it bothered me for a while for the reasons you listed. I wondered if that was because I was too much of a people pleaser.

But I don't think that's it really. I like making people happy but I wouldn't say I'm a people pleaser. I'm pretty stingy with my time and energy. And I'm unapologetic about my views and such

I think it's more that I keep a sense of humor about things and I generally have a positive vibe and people are attracted to positivity. And y'all may not believe this lol but I really don't get fussed about differences...political, religious, whatever, it has nothing to do with me and I'm generally pretty accepting of other people. People respond well to that too and tend to accept me in return

I had some catty girl haters in my younger years but women tend to outgrow cattiness so I don't run into many women like that very often anymore
    Last edited by Meliai; 06-08-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Jessica
      Jessica commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes pretty much this.

I was about to be flippant and say I'm too old and not famous enough to have haters but then I remembered a coworker threatened to fight me a few years ago and he was older than me. ?

IRL nothing comes to mind within the past year. I cannot really decipher between haters, opinionated people that may lack tact and trolling online.
    Last edited by Audiogen; 06-08-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
      If you do…. Good

That means you stood for something.

It also means people are envious of you.

Once upon a time I feared being hated on; I wanted to be accepted everywhere I went. I was a people pleaser

But now, I embrace the hatred directed upon me. Become unapologetic about your beliefs and actions. With some people, there’s simply no way to win their respect no matter what you do.
      Haters are always going to hate no matter what so cares what they think of you?

Comment

People pleaser, people dis-pleaser, same thing just going in opposite directions. Basing whether you stood for something on how many haters you have is as absurd and silly as basing your self worth on how many facebook friends you have. Either way you're dependent on what the majority thinks of you.

Do i have haters? Unless they are a threat to my well being, does it really matter? Should i care either way?

The majority thinks along the same line; "I'm real and honest. I'm not like anyone else. I don't care what anyone thinks." ? How unoriginal. Like i say before. People are honest when its easy.
        Last edited by Tropical Breeze; 06-08-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

i'm not aware of any haters, but that may just be because the opinions of random people matter so little to me that i don't realize they hate me. but generally, i feel like in most cases you have to go out of your way to get people to hate you, and i just don't have the time or energy for that.

Originally posted by Meliai View Post
          I had some catty girl haters in my younger years but women tend to outgrow cattiness so I don't run into many women like that very often anymore
          i don't know about all that, i think the cattiest group of women i know are all around 60.

Comment

I have a series of them over at Halibut Fuckers, but otherwise I'm too antisocial to have actual enemies IRL. Maybe because I set so many of their houses on fire........

Comment

I wrote this post as a mental note to myself. To remind myself who I used to be, and my mindset shift I made to change.

I, like WritersPanic, have more haters online than real life. But for a long time in real life I kept my head down and my mouth shut in social circles to avoid drama. And I did everything I could to be agreeable and get along with others. Problem with this is others will see you as weak and boring. And therefore not give a shit about you.

Comment

But as an older man I have found that when in a job work setting, it is really best to be the quiet guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
                  I wrote this post as a mental note to myself. To remind myself who I used to be, and my mindset shift I made to change.

I, like WritersPanic, have more haters online than real life. But for a long time in real life I kept my head down and my mouth shut in social circles to avoid drama. And I did everything I could to be agreeable and get along with others. Problem with this is others will see you as weak and boring. And therefore not give a shit about you.
                  Or worse, they'll go on the attack. To be honest, some of the shit I have learned from assholes attacking me online has paid off in a big way in the real world. When I worked in the oil and gas industry I discovered the most amazing psychotic levels of pure corruption. For the most part I kept a low profile and did my job hammering out boring reports. I was so far removed from the centers of action that I never fetched coffee.

But one day I got a voicemail from my supervisor about assembling a few dozen binders with a series of reports, routine shit. BUT, when he hung up, he didn't actually. For about 20 minutes I got to hear a conversation between a core team of sheer assholes who were planning to shove my supervisor's peer, a 6-Sigma master black belt, out of her position and into a department of 1.

I barely knew the woman, mostly by reputation. I went directly to her office and played it for her. Those assholes never had a clue. I faded back into the woodwork, for 3 more years of fat contract pay for shuffling papers. It was the most incredible feeling, not so much saving her ass, but watching those assholes get porked by an anonymous sucker punch.

Comment

^^ Love it!

Comment

Yes! Not a lot but there are a few online and in real life there have been too. Women in offices can be extremely cliquish and extremely mean spirited. Hateful. I stay out of groups. I am sorry, I simply don’t want to knit during my lunch period... would rather sit outside in the snow at a picnic table. I tend to keep a low profile and keep my head down in a work environment. I am ok with being hated.

more people are curious about me though and want to get to know me. It doesn’t mean that will happen either. Apparently I am hard to figure out and don’t fit into boxes.

Comment

Totally understand... I've had a go with certain workplace people too.

But I'll leave it at that, I don't dare say more.

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post

i don't know about all that, i think the cattiest group of women i know are all around 60.
                          This reminded me of a thing that happened at work when I was like 18, 19. I went, along with a male coworker, to the general manager to make a legitimate complaint about our manager. She said she would deal with it, then my next shift she called me into the office with my manager and accused me of talking shit about my manager lol. They both started ambushing me. I was like uhhhh I was actually filing a complaint.

It still blows my mind how unprofessional that was. They didn't say a word to my male coworker even though we made the complaint together and he did most of the talking.
                          I remember my mom telling me at the time that they didn't like me because I was young and they were menopausal lol.

I haven't had any issues with older women outside of that though.

Edit, they were both late 50s, forgot to mention that
                          Last edited by Meliai; 06-09-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Jessica
                            Jessica commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ooh that annoyed me for a second. How dare they! Grr. Yes, sounds like typical envy, which is one of the two reasons 6 have for why anyone has haters. I've definitely felt envy from a certain type of older woman. I always think probably the ones who got too much of their power from their youth. One of many things that made me realise I don't want to glorify youth.

I generally try to give off a vibe at work that says "don't pull me into your stupid petty drama because I don't give a fuck" and I think it's worked out well for me over the years

Comment

Working...
                          X