Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it's unusual for the average person to feel lost?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Do you think it's unusual for the average person to feel lost?

    I find leaving a life where I wasn't sober and sane and trying to find a new life where I am sober and sane is very challenging.

    That's an obvious given , but it feels like dying and resurrection into a new foreign territory, an alien state of being where you badly want to return to the former comfort of drugs and living in delusional thinking and lifestyle with chronic temptations to immaturity.

    It's hard to know where to go when you're stuck and have been living like this since childhood.

    Do you think a lot of people feel lost and stuck and it is not clear how to move forward?

    #2
    Finding yourself is a part of most peoples lives ! But yeah I think the feeling comes and goes

    Comment


      #3
      No, not unusual at all.

      Comment


        #4
        I think a fair amount of people experience it at points in their lives but it's particularly prevalent among addicts. It's why AA/NA tries to loosely couple their meetings and message with religious undertones.

        If I recall correctly, you tried AA, so maybe that won't work for you, although I would recommend reading The Big Book of AA if you haven't read it yet, because even if you don't go to AA I think it can kind of work as a self help book.

        I'm not all in the know with self help books and take most of them with a grain of salt but I read this book and remember it having some useful info.

        Change Your Brain Change your life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger and Impulsiveness

        Click image for larger version  Name:	change_brain_change_life.jpg Views:	1 Size:	946.2 KB ID:	172338
        Last edited by Audiogen; 08-23-2021, 07:51 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Hard To Feel Lost Nowadays

          When Every Modern Car....Handhelds....And Some Watches Come

          Equipped With A GPS.....



          Cheers Glen.

          Comment


            #6
            People feel lost because they mistakenly believe life is about getting somewhere.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Jessica View Post
              People feel lost because they mistakenly believe life is about getting somewhere.


              If You Don't Aim To Get Somewhere

              In Life....

              Stagnation Sets In.

              Time To Close Your Chapter.



              Cheers Glen.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by GLEN...... View Post



                If You Don't Aim To Get Somewhere

                In Life....

                Stagnation Sets In.

                Time To Close Your Chapter.



                Cheers Glen.

                By that philosophy you spend your whole life trying to get somewhere, then what's the point? You never get a chance to enjoy being there.
                ​​​​​​
                ​​​​​we're all already here. The rest is just for fun.

                Comment


                #9
                I think we get lost when others get lost as well. It must happen all the time. You fall out of touch with your best friend, who lost his mind, or what have you.

                Often indeed, you can be the most sure of where you're going and be most lost.

                I've never been a huge druggie, but paranoia, paranoid delusions, and concentrated meditation are more closely linked than you'd expect. And it's not easy, but the Eastern legend of the third eye is true...

                And you're on a great path towards opening it, Matt. Just remember that the path is the One...it isn't any person.

                Bruce Leroy, there is still one place you have not looked, and it is there, and only there, you will find the master.

                Comment


                  #10
                  try getting lost in canadian woods...at night....where you can barely see a foot in any direction

                  after that youll never quite feel lost again..i guarantee it

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Yeah, I do think it's weird.

                    If you've made it so far in your life that you're philosophizing about your place in the universe, you're old enough to really reflect on where/who you are and what your purpose is. Unfortunately I do have to mention getting in touch with your spiritual side and maybe asking some guides. And you'll know the difference between bring high on meth and hallucinating something and actually having a profound spiritual experience. I'd suggest meditating, and definitely staying away from stimulants. It's not normal to feel lost because it means you're in the wrong place and you need to find a way out, or to find purpose in your life. But I know you know this.
                    Last edited by Verbe; 08-24-2021, 10:40 PM.

                    Comment


                      #12
                      The more your heart's in it, the more lost you'll get. The mind is a wilderness, the heart the moonlight, the vanity of women the glaring sun.

                      Comment


                        #13
                        That is what the enemy (woman) does, though, her weapon to disarm you: Suggest there's a standard by which all people apply and if your existence proves otherwise you are an embarrassment. That way she can keep admiring herself in the mirror, hidden from her own shame.

                        I'm not a misogynist, though.

                        It's society. Society made me what I am.

                        Heart SHAPED.

                        BOX.

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Originally posted by Jessica View Post


                          By that philosophy you spend your whole life trying to get somewhere, then what's the point? You never get a chance to enjoy being there.
                          ​​​​​​
                          ​​​​​we're all already here. The rest is just for fun.
                          People have wondered about what the point is for centuries. It's a human thang. Thing is, there is no point (except procreation). Humans have the chance to give (their) life its own point/purpose.
                          Life is basically about striving to survive and procreate. No strive, no gain, no point/purpose. As we can see when we watch the lifes of lots people who rarely have to strive for anything + have no real goal/purpose. The purpose there is either to find that purpose (lol) or abide life in all its convenience (but when we take notice what it takes for most to abide life in relative convenience the purpose might just be to live within our means/have an acceptable ecological footprint)


                          The point is enjoying the road you have to travel in order to get to that somewhere. If a person doesn't want to get anywhere they can enjoy just being, but apparently that gets old and devastating unsatisfactory at some point for most.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

                            People have wondered about what the point is for centuries. It's a human thang. Thing is, there is no point (except procreation). Humans have the chance to give (their) life its own point/purpose.
                            Life is basically about striving to survive and procreate. No strive, no gain, no point/purpose. As we can see when we watch the lifes of lots people who rarely have to strive for anything + have no real goal/purpose. The purpose there is either to find that purpose (lol) or abide life in all its convenience (but when we take notice what it takes for most to abide life in relative convenience the purpose might just be to live within our means/have an acceptable ecological footprint)


                            The point is enjoying the road you have to travel in order to get to that somewhere. If a person doesn't want to get anywhere they can enjoy just being, but apparently that gets old and devastating unsatisfactory at some point for most.
                            Procreating is to continue life. It doesn't answer what the point of life is.

                            The point of life is to perpetuate itself doesn't seem to make sense to me. So what's the point in life perpetuating itself?

                            I still say "Experience". And that seems to sum up every other purpose I've ever heard someone say. Whatever someone's experience is, whatever meaning they choose to give life, that's the point.

                            The point of consciousness is that it is conscious, and so experiences things.

                            And what's the point in experience? It's fun.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X