Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that time again.

How's everyone doing? I'm concerned.

If you're gonna make it, answer "I'm okay." If not...

work will set you free

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceMan View Post
      work will set you free
      Is that a complaint or a mission statement? I'm never too worried about you, Spiff, thankfully.

Comment

• neonspectraltoast
        neonspectraltoast commented
        Editing a comment
        By the way, just cause you aren't making money doesn't mean you're not working. I am always vigilant.

its just a famous saying

Comment

Not good. I don't know if I told you but I blew my knee out on the boat in June so I've been sitting at home waiting for a new knee. After jumping through all the crap and telling them over and over don't worry you will get paid. It's not going through L and I (labor and industry) all you have to do is call this number and Bob will tell you he's covered. So my surgery is scheduled for Sept 3, well was scheduled. Today I got the call they are canceling all non essential surgery. Covid has fucked me.

Comment

• JoeKing
          JoeKing commented
          Editing a comment
          Jessica yeah, I might have to retire. ??‍♂️

• Meliai
          Meliai commented
          Editing a comment
          It's the same here, they're not doing "non-essential" surgery. Sorry Joe King! That really sucks :/

• SpaceMan
          SpaceMan commented
          Editing a comment
          surely joe biden will support you...he has doled out billions to state legislatures to help out the people affected by covid

hahahhahahahhahahhaaha

Originally posted by JoeKing View Post
        Not good. I don't know if I told you but I blew my knee out on the boat in June so I've been sitting at home waiting for a new knee. After jumping through all the crap and telling them over and over don't worry you will get paid. It's not going through L and I (labor and industry) all you have to do is call this number and Bob will tell you he's covered. So my surgery is scheduled for Sept 3, well was scheduled. Today I got the call they are canceling all non essential surgery. Covid has fucked me.
        Can you get disability or anything? Are you like most people, love to be on your feet?

Comment

Originally posted by the Riddler View Post

Can you get disability or anything? Are you like most people, love to be on your feet?
          I get paid tell the end of the season but it more now being ready to go back to work in the spring. Everyone gets laid off in the fall and rehired in the spring, but my boss doesn't have to hire me.
          I do love the idea of being able to walk without pain and being on my feet is a huge part of my job.

Comment

• neonspectraltoast
            Editing a comment
            I mean, you'll get unemployment, right? You sound dedicated to your job -- if only employers were EVER dedicated to their staff.

• JoeKing
            JoeKing commented
            Editing a comment
            neonspectraltoast I'm a commercial fisherman in Alaska, which makes unemployment tricky because my boss doesn't pay into it for many reasons. His insurance covers me completely while I'm working for him. And he does care about me but if my body can't do the job I won't get hired to do the job.

• neonspectraltoast
            Editing a comment
            It may be a fantastic time to explore other latent interests. Maybe it's the universe telling you to explore.

I'm okay.

Comment

I think the universe doesn't take kindly to when people insult themselves by becoming convinced they're only capable of one thing.

Comment

• neonspectraltoast
              Editing a comment
              I think the karmic law is "You will grow or you WILL be destroyed."

• Jessica
              Jessica commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting thought. The universe wants us to play, not work.

I could use some more sleep. Otherwise ok.

Comment

I got in a wreck this morning and I'm a bit shaken up, but I'm okay

Hurt my feelings really because it was my first wreck ever and I was hoping to continue the streak of not wrecking indefinitely

It wasn't my fault though, i was rear ended by an old lady in a nightgown. I guess she wasn't planning on getting out of the car this morning, but you gotta pay better attention when you're just driving around in your nightgown

Comment

• SpaceMan
                SpaceMan commented
                Editing a comment
                was it a previously dented crown vic ?

• Osquirrell
                Osquirrell commented
                Editing a comment
                No ways.
                ya probably wont have another wreck again..
                I wasnt driving that dont count me..

• Youfreeme
                Youfreeme commented
                Editing a comment
                ugh, car accidents are awful. Random chaotic evil.

I bruised my knee kickboxing on Tuesday and had to cancel my plans last night. I’m going to need to skip exercise today and just RICE if another day. I could go swimming, but it’s raining.

Way less serious than JoeKing’s knee problems, so I probably shouldn’t complain. JoeKing good luck getting into surgery soon. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by lode View Post
                I could go swimming, but it’s raining.
                I never understand why people think rain prohibits swimming. Isn't the main problem with rain that you get wet?

Comment

best swim i ever had was during a lightning storm.....at night.....ill never forget it

also someone on the lake was having a party and playing great music

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica View Post

I never understand why people think rain prohibits swimming. Isn't the main problem with rain that you get wet?

It’s definitely not a prohibition, I still do it sometimes. Just less refreshing when you get out.

Comment

Working...
                    X