How easy is it for you to feel content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How easy is it for you to feel content?

For me, not so easy. My kids are all grown, my responsibilities are nil, except for my marriage. I feel like I should be traveling. I don’t care about having a home, riches. I just want to be free with no input by anyone on the way I live my life and what I do with it.

i suppose it depends on a bunch of factors. but i guess not super hard overall. as long as things aren't spiraling out of control with my life, and my mind isn't doing that thing where everything seems awful every once in a while, i usually feel pretty good.

Comment

As long as I can stay caught up on stuff I'm OK. I'll sometimes procrastinate until I'm snowed under. I also have to remind myself to not worry about stupid shit. Other than that, not too hard to be content.

Comment

Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
        As long as I can stay caught up on stuff I'm OK. I'll sometimes procrastinate until I'm snowed under. I also have to remind myself to not worry about stupid shit. Other than that, not too hard to be content.
        I completely relate.

Comment

I relate, Geo.
          like do you see yourself as a nomad? i have always felt like i want to be travelling, permanently. but i like the concept of owning a home to return to and rest every six months to a year. this isn't my life, currently. but i am content. i think it's pretty easy for me to feel content though. even when situations differ and life is worse, i can feel content within a kind of five minute bubble where it's all about marmalade on toast and a cup of tea, or something. It's probably likely that the simpler life is, the easier it is to feel content, and that is why wandering-romantic-hobo life is so appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by J Ruth View Post
            I relate, Geo.
            like do you see yourself as a nomad? i have always felt like i want to be travelling, permanently. but i like the concept of owning a home to return to and rest every six months to a year. this isn't my life, currently. but i am content. i think it's pretty easy for me to feel content though. even when situations differ and life is worse, i can feel content within a kind of five minute bubble where it's all about marmalade on toast and a cup of tea, or something. It's probably likely that the simpler life is, the easier it is to feel content, and that is why wandering-romantic-hobo life is so appealing.
            I definitely feel that. Life is easy right now and I really don’t know if I like it. I feel like I should be climbing mountains and living in a tent. Meeting people from all over and just floating about on the earth until I die.
            I have never been a homeowner my whole life but am close right now but I feel the world calling out to me to adventure.
            maybe it is because my friend is on his trip and I am stuck at home. I have never been stuck like I am now. We have a lot of animals to take care of so we don’t go away for long. I hate that. I just wanna go when I want to. Seems relationships kinda put you in situations where you have to live the other person’s life.
            John Muir once said “the mountains are calling and I must go”
            that John Muir

Comment

Originally posted by Geonagual View Post
              I definitely feel that. Life is easy right now and I really don’t know if I like it. I feel like I should be climbing mountains and living in a tent. Meeting people from all over and just floating about on the earth until I die.
              I have never been a homeowner my whole life but am close right now but I feel the world calling out to me to adventure.
              maybe it is because my friend is on his trip and I am stuck at home. I have never been stuck like I am now. We have a lot of animals to take care of so we don’t go away for long. I hate that. I just wanna go when I want to. Seems relationships kinda put you in situations where you have to live the other person’s life.
              John Muir once said “the mountains are calling and I must go”
              that John Muir

Yes. Damn. That has been on my mind a bit lately. Having to live the other person's life. I guess the ideal is the partner's life being similar enough that you never have to feel uncomfortably compromised.. But this is harder to find, the more unusual your desired life. Or else to have the freedom to move apart and then back together.. Being able to go on my NZ trip alone this year was valuable, but I never would have planned it that way. In future, I might. It's why I like the concept of wandering albatross romance.. They mate for life, but spend six months flying apart and then meet back up to raise a chick. I don't want to raise a chick but substitute that for "spend six months nurturing relationship" and it sounds good to me.

Yep. The commitment to stability is the one reason I don't have animals at this point.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by J Ruth View Post

Yes. Damn. That has been on my mind a bit lately. Having to live the other person's life. I guess the ideal is the partner's life being similar enough that you never have to feel uncomfortably compromised.. But this is harder to find, the more unusual your desired life. Or else to have the freedom to move apart and then back together.. Being able to go on my NZ trip alone this year was valuable, but I never would have planned it that way. In future, I might. It's why I like the concept of wandering albatross romance.. They mate for life, but spend six months flying apart and then meet back up to raise a chick. I don't want to raise a chick but substitute that for "spend six months nurturing relationship" and it sounds good to me.

Yep. The commitment to stability is the one reason I don't have animals at this point.

​​​​​

I do like the albatross concept. I am hoping as time goes on that I will be able to take trips alone. I have another friend that is hiking the PCT next year for 6 months alone so I know I will have these same feelings again.
                As for the animals, I love them and all but I know that they can become an anchor for being spontaneous or leaving for large amounts of time, she loves them like kids and wants more. So, I don’t know how it will all play out, so for now I will do my best to be content.

Comment

Working...
                X