The joys of trolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joys of trolling

Be honest, how many of us out there have not deliberately trolled/tried to wind up wankers at least 1000000 times in your life, not here at all but more specifically like Facebook and Twitter and other social media outlets and forums.

It's childish, vindictive and intellucally wrong.

I admire so much people like Jessica who have balls of steel to ignore or refuse to bite into the utter shite that self proclaimed trolls like myself have posted over the years.

Man, Jess has a massive pair on her, I cannot recall her ever posting or saying a nasty/trolling or mean comment about anyone else here (esp ms, who deserves it
    10000 times over)

It's not just being such a good heart, it's been so fucking tolerant and tough enough not to buy into my (or anyone else's bullshit).£

I sincerely want to stop being a troll, I find it hard though (especially on the booze) but am trying to get there folks, honestly.

NSW and Victoria just come out of mockdown and lockdown in the last few weeks. A real Stockholm Syndrome en masse situation going on. At least in the Twitterverse anyway. They are so paranoid about a few in the media saying They won't get vaxxed

It's hard not to troll

Ooh, the unvaxxed boogeyman is coming to get you with his heat ray superpowers that instantly vaporise your double dose

Comment

Fuck trolling on Facebook and Twitter, I try not to post on those things at all. I used to do some light trolling on hf, but that got old eventually.

Comment

what the fuck is going on in australia

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post
        Fuck trolling on Facebook and Twitter, I try not to post on those things at all. I used to do some light trolling on hf, but that got old eventually.
        Yeah, twitter isn't really that big
        something can be no 1 in trending in the world, usually a Soccer match, and it only has 100k tweets

That's the problem with today, too much woke stuff that gets mentioned in the media becuase it trends high on social media, even though only like 0.1% of the population is involved

Can't bring myself to go back to Reddit though, that's way more shitter than Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post

Yeah, twitter isn't really that big
          something can be no 1 in trending in the world, usually a Soccer match, and it only has 100k tweets

That's the problem with today, too much woke stuff that gets mentioned in the media becuase it trends high on social media, even though only like 0.1% of the population is involved

Can't bring myself to go back to Reddit though, that's way more shitter than Twitter
          it's weird how many news stories are "the internet has this reaction to this thing" and then the entire story is just a series of tweets or a reddit thread.

that's how we'll know treefort's made it, when there's a news headline about "the internet does something" and it just links to a thread here.

Comment

lol, thanks. i'm not sure how accurate your image of me is, though.

trolling's all good as long as no-one is being seriously hurt. trolling that is funny to me involves people who take stupid shit way too seriously.

i just learned yesterday that cleansing with white sage is a CLOSED PRACTISE and some teenage girl and her ancestors are TIRED of being disrespected and WHITE PEOPLE SHOULD STOP USING SAGE. the superiority complex she had about it made me want to stand in her vicinity burning white sage.

Comment

• boubindica
              boubindica commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol Jessica! X I would hope to be standing next to you also burning white sage. Do they imagine they are the only ones who’s ancestors made use of locally grown herbs…

• Amerijuanican
              Amerijuanican commented
              Editing a comment
              Basically the shame factor is that white people are not supposed to take up a practice that is used by native peoples, african americans, or orientals. I always thought "Coexist" (a once-popular leftist meme) applied to all of us, however it seems whites are supposed to stay very plain so we don't get accused of cultural appropriation.
              I say they should just "let us all-the-fuck be".

To be fair there's an environmental concern with the commercial harvesting of wild white sage. So can't really blame native tribes for being angry that foragers are stripping public lands of wild sage to sell to corporations like Wal Mart who turn around and sell it to white spiritualists who have no clue about the spiritual importance of sage in native culture. And the thing about the variety of white sage typically used in smudging is it isn't easy to grow, it takes a few years to mature enough to harvest, it only grows wild in California, and indigenous tribes took the practice of growing it very seriously. So when foragers strip entire areas of land to sell commercially, it isn't like the sage will just grow back next year. There are other varieties of sage that are more sustainable to harvest for commercial purposes, but the wild white sage in California is typically valued higher so it attracts foragers looking to make a buck.

But yeah if you're growing the sage yourself, or using other homegrown herbs for smudging, I don't see the issue. A closed practice is just that, meaning no one outside the tribes really knows how to perform your sacred practice anyways, everyone else is just blowing smoke around. And I don't see how it effects native tribes when I wave some burning herbs around in my own home (I love smudging lol)
            Last edited by Meliai; 11-04-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

More on topic I don't generally like trolling, I prefer sincere interactions and trolling just seems better left to 12 year old boys.

but all the same there's definitely a couple here I have fun winding up sometimes haha

Comment

Me, trolling?

Click image for larger version

Name:	7CA4CC89-684B-4FFB-8427-701D22E626AC.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	189677

Comment

• Jessica
                  Jessica commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol

Originally posted by Meliai View Post
                To be fair there's an environmental concern with the commercial harvesting of wild white sage. So can't really blame native tribes for being angry that foragers are stripping public lands of wild sage to sell to corporations like Wal Mart who turn around and sell it to white spiritualists who have no clue about the spiritual importance of sage in native culture.
                yeah, i was actually about to write this in a comment back to boubindica
                ..that i realise there are environmental concerns (as with just about every plant that becomes trendy/popular!) and that's a separate thing.
                but this girl was specifically answering commenters saying things about growing it themselves with stuff like "my people don't want you to burn it at all!"

i just have a particularly intense dislike for people getting superior about cultures they were born in to. it's all so random and chance. and i think the whole cultural appropriation thing is almost always nonsense. who fucking cares if someone even misuses a bindi or a headdress or anything at all that doesn't actually harm the people to whom it is significant? It just always comes across as them taking pleasure in something being exclusive to them because it makes them feel special. it does bring out the troll in me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Meliai View Post
                  To be fair there's an environmental concern with the commercial harvesting of wild white sage. So can't really blame native tribes for being angry that foragers are stripping public lands of wild sage to sell to corporations like Wal Mart who turn around and sell it to white spiritualists who have no clue about the spiritual importance of sage in native culture. And the thing about the variety of white sage typically used in smudging is it isn't easy to grow, it takes a few years to mature enough to harvest, it only grows wild in California, and indigenous tribes took the practice of growing it very seriously. So when foragers strip entire areas of land to sell commercially, it isn't like the sage will just grow back next year. There are other varieties of sage that are more sustainable to harvest for commercial purposes, but the wild white sage in California is typically valued higher so it attracts foragers looking to make a buck.

But yeah if you're growing the sage yourself, or using other homegrown herbs for smudging, I don't see the issue. A closed practice is just that, meaning no one outside the tribes really knows how to perform your sacred practice anyways, everyone else is just blowing smoke around. And I don't see how it effects native tribes when I wave some burning herbs around in my own home (I love smudging lol)
                  i love this reply....so non confrontational yet at the same time confrontational.....a talent i lack

....people(here) dont give a shit though.....being respectful of a whole indigenous population is beyond their ability...but like you said....fuckin walmart shoppers and their ilk .....as long as they save a few pennies fuck those natives

Comment

Simp.

Comment

Is this a Walmart shoppers vs. Target shoppers thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Doom View Post
                        Is this a Walmart shoppers vs. Target shoppers thing?
                        It would seem so. Probably more of a cultural appropriation thing though, which is silly if it is only that, given that it can be grown indoors. I could understand the girls rage if it had been stolen white sage, but there are sustainable sources now, here, in the uk atleast.

I prefer to grow my own herbs or collect them from the wild, so I don’t usually use white sage. Clary sage and Mugwort (black sage) are both native to the British Isles and also have healing and magical properties.
                        Last edited by boubindica; 11-05-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X