Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"fuck it, just talk about whatever"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    "fuck it, just talk about whatever"

    For those of us who can't stay on topic, for those who can do it like routine clockwork, and for those who really don't care either way, this thread is for You.

    #2
    What do you do if you've had a really bad day with the same person (again...) and just can't do it anymore.

    Do you...

    A. Go your own way

    B. Resign to the idea that you're just screwed and have no choice

    C. Go home, get a buzz on and write a new song about the shit

    D. Go out and do something that will land you in jail, just to get it out of your system



    No looking at others' answers either, kids. You, do you.

    Comment


    • Coldwater
      Coldwater commented
      Editing a comment
      E. Confront the individual, let them know how you feel about them, and let the chips fall where they may

    • WritersPanic
      WritersPanic commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard to pin it down without knowing more about the grief you're being handed. I'll shed what I can.
      For example, if someone causes you to miss a promotion or even lose your job, they need to wake up to an ice pick ($1.79 at Wal-Mart with a wooden handle, but wear gloves anyway) sticking out of the sidewall of each tire. (Don't get caught)
      But if they only let their dog shit on your lawn, get a shovel and return the shit to their yard. (Cops won't do shit)

    #3
    C

    Comment


      #4
      Ditched the last person I did that to. He was sulking in misery and wanted to bring me to his level. Plus he had no car and no friends, so he was way too dependent on me to give him rides.

      Comment


        #5
        I was wondering what the average time it takes someone to recognize a song on the radio. Based on watching music reviews for awhile, as well as just my experience among friends and acquaintances, I think I'm quite exceptional at this useless ability. I usually can pick up a song, or at least the artist within a few measures, some of the songs that are played on the radio frequently, it's often like just a drum fill or beginning riff and I know what it is.

        It seems like a lot of people need to wait until the chorus or some defining riff/melody to pick up on a song. I surprised even myself yesterday by getting Huey Lewis and the News, a band I don't particularly care for and who I haven't really heard much of since pre-adolescence.

        Comment


          #6
          Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
          I was wondering what the average time it takes someone to recognize a song on the radio. Based on watching music reviews for awhile, as well as just my experience among friends and acquaintances, I think I'm quite exceptional at this useless ability. I usually can pick up a song, or at least the artist within a few measures, some of the songs that are played on the radio frequently, it's often like just a drum fill or beginning riff and I know what it is.

          It seems like a lot of people need to wait until the chorus or some defining riff/melody to pick up on a song. I surprised even myself yesterday by getting Huey Lewis and the News, a band I don't particularly care for and who I haven't really heard much of since pre-adolescence.
          I always liked "I want a new drug". It was romantic without being obvious.

          Comment


            #7
            Originally posted by Dr. Doom View Post
            What do you do if you've had a really bad day with the same person (again...) and just can't do it anymore.

            Do you...

            A. Go your own way

            B. Resign to the idea that you're just screwed and have no choice

            C. Go home, get a buzz on and write a new song about the shit

            D. Go out and do something that will land you in jail, just to get it out of your system



            No looking at others' answers either, kids. You, do you.
            it depends. i rarely have a really bad day with a person. when i do have a kind of bad day with someone, it's usually my parents, and in that case it's B followed by C (although there's no new songs, just new treefort posts).

            i really can't think of another situation that would fit. i think if i'm having a bad day with a person and it's that person's fault, i'll usually get away from that person before they have a chance to ruin the entire day.

            Comment


              #8
              Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
              I was wondering what the average time it takes someone to recognize a song on the radio. Based on watching music reviews for awhile, as well as just my experience among friends and acquaintances, I think I'm quite exceptional at this useless ability. I usually can pick up a song, or at least the artist within a few measures, some of the songs that are played on the radio frequently, it's often like just a drum fill or beginning riff and I know what it is.

              It seems like a lot of people need to wait until the chorus or some defining riff/melody to pick up on a song. I surprised even myself yesterday by getting Huey Lewis and the News, a band I don't particularly care for and who I haven't really heard much of since pre-adolescence.
              i'm usually pretty good at this too, as long as it's a song i hear somewhat frequently. which would be any radio song, since there's no creativity in radio playlists.

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

                I always liked "I want a new drug". It was romantic without being obvious.
                Probably you had to be there type music or maybe I just don't vibe with it. He was quite popular in the Bay Area from what I remember but I envision it being like fun music for yuppies and business people or something and associate it with like the 49ers starting their dominance in the 80's and Silicon Valley taking off.

                I grew up more on 60's-70's Psychedelic and Progressive Rock Bands from the Bay Area: Santana, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Journey and then the contemporary music of the 90's us kids would listen to and talk about like: Green Day, Counting Crows and Third Eye Blind.

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by Undies View Post

                  i'm usually pretty good at this too, as long as it's a song i hear somewhat frequently. which would be any radio song, since there's no creativity in radio playlists.
                  I believe I mentioned that Mexican Radio Station here in another thread, they are the truth. They played a live version of ETI by Blue Öyster Cult a few weeks ago that I had never heard. That song is never played on the radio let alone a live version...

                  Practically all other radio stations, yah, no creativity. Still got Sublime on Modern Rock radio and I'm getting a promo from Brian Johnson for his new AC DC song that's been out for a year and The Weeknd or Doja Cat take up 50% of the songs played on the R & B station.

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Originally posted by Undies View Post

                    i'm usually pretty good at this too, as long as it's a song i hear somewhat frequently. which would be any radio song, since there's no creativity in radio playlists.
                    I used to alleviate this by making my own mix tapes. Later on, I did this with CDs

                    People I worked with started asking me to make them a mixed CD occasionally.

                    Comment


                      #12
                      You can go your own waaaaaay
                      go your own waaay
                      You can call it aanother lonely daaaayyy
                      *vocal guitar sounds*

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
                        I was wondering what the average time it takes someone to recognize a song on the radio. Based on watching music reviews for awhile, as well as just my experience among friends and acquaintances, I think I'm quite exceptional at this useless ability. I usually can pick up a song, or at least the artist within a few measures, some of the songs that are played on the radio frequently, it's often like just a drum fill or beginning riff and I know what it is.

                        It seems like a lot of people need to wait until the chorus or some defining riff/melody to pick up on a song. I surprised even myself yesterday by getting Huey Lewis and the News, a band I don't particularly care for and who I haven't really heard much of since pre-adolescence.
                        One of the faster ones to recognize is obviously the quick three downstrokes of the A chord...

                        AC/DCs Highway to Hell

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Originally posted by Dr. Doom View Post

                          One of the faster ones to recognize is obviously the quick three downstrokes of the A chord...

                          AC/DCs Highway to Hell
                          AC DC has a few that are instantly recognizable. Hells Bells with the bell sound, Back in Black with the iconic riff (D, A, G iirc) or I suppose even the palm mutes that precede that for a bar. Thunderstruck with the tapping, TNT with the "Oi" chant.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by Audiogen View Post

                            AC DC has a few that are instantly recognizable. Hells Bells with the bell sound, Back in Black with the iconic riff (D, A, G iirc) or I suppose even the palm mutes that precede that for a bar. Thunderstruck with the tapping, TNT with the "Oi" chant.
                            it did take me forever to differentiate between the hells bells bell and the for whom the bell tolls bell. i still couldn't actually tell you what the difference is, but i usually guess correctly now.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X