6 bags of ramen
    4 gallons of water at the water machine

my undying love.

Comment

• Jessica
      Jessica commented
      Editing a comment
      that's the best value undying love i ever heard of

In Senegal one US dollar will buy a bottle of Baobab juice or 2.2 lbs. of potatoes.

Comment

Nothing here !

Comment

Three packages of Kool-Aid.

Comment

I suppose it would buy some kool-aid or ramen, but that probably about all.
          It used to buy two of those bouncing balls for my daughter at the restaurant close to her school. Those things would really bounce!

Comment

We have a place called The Dollar Tree here, I don't know if I would consider a lot of their products "cool" but certainly useful. They got food... mostly like pasta, bread, soups, canned good and frozen foods as well. They usually carry paper towels, cling wrap, aluminum foil, little storage containers, etc. Also toiletries and grooming products.

Comment

• Lynnbrown
              Lynnbrown commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought of this place immediately when reading the title!

Those are cool places to shop, esp. with the pandemic going on. Seems we have a Dollar Tree, or a Family Dollar store in every small town around here now.
            It's a good thing.

Comment

Then add CT's 6.35% sales tax (7.35% on a couple items).

Comment

Pound shops here ! or pound bakeries everything is a pound or two for a pound , or a pound for a bag no hidden costs 😉

Comment

There's a food truck that does $1 tacos. and they are good too. just not very filling, need like at least 3 of them.

Comment

You can get cinnamon bears for a dollar.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MarsBar.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	4416

Comment

Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post
                        Seems we have a Dollar Tree, or a Family Dollar store in every small town around here now.
                        just one? they're like subway here, one on every corner. pretty soon they'll start popping up inside walmarts.

Comment

Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
                          We have a place called The Dollar Tree here, I don't know if I would consider a lot of their products "cool" but certainly useful. They got food... mostly like pasta, bread, soups, canned good and frozen foods as well. They usually carry paper towels, cling wrap, aluminum foil, little storage containers, etc. Also toiletries and grooming products.
                          In the Dollar Tree in my town, there are candles - sometimes in packs or some of the fat ones, lots of kinds of candle holders, crafting things including some paint and wooden things to paint, and lots of kinds of notebooks, and things to use in a home office! New good BOOKS for a dollar.

I have found wonderful little carved elephants and boxes (carved from soap stone) there. Lots and lots of things that make my eyes gleam. lol

I guess its a good thing I can't just get up and go right now.

There are also all of the items you mentioned...I'm just thinking about the cool to me things.

Comment

Working...
                          X