Military Medals Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Medals Question

joe Biden says his son received the bronze star, That he was a war hero. Now he spent less than a year in Iraq with the JAG Corp. correct me if I am wrong, but this is Judicial Attorney General and military lawyers correct?

in such a position you would not see action nor participate in combat, correct? They are kept as far away as possible from the action.

if I am wrong correct me. So what would he have been given a bronze star for?

also received Legion of Merit. What the fuck for?
    Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 10-30-2020, 12:55 AM.

If Rush gets a medal, every crackhead in the US is worthy.

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
      Beach Ball Bitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Well he didn’t receive a service medal. His was an honouree medal recognizing his work, for the rights of the people. His rights,.. It is also a civilian medal. He has been in the business a long time. In 1987 he was working for a radio station in California, I think this is great, considering cali is so far left. Rush Limbaugh was the first man to proclaim himself liberated from the East Germany of liberal media domination. As Cali repealed the fairness doctrine which allowed for controversial opinions to be broadcast. But repealing the fairness doctrine took his rights away. He fought for freedom of speech while Cali took that freedom away.

You may not agree with him but you have to admire that, no?

So yes he was freedom fighter ... freedom of free speech.

• the Riddler
      the Riddler commented
      Editing a comment
      Vomit.

You can get it for either heroic achievement, heroic service, meritorious achievement, or meritorious service in a combat zone. Civilians are also eligible.

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
      Editing a comment
      The bronze star is not a civilian medal. Awarded to those who excelled

(a) while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States;
      (b) while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or
      (c) while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party.

In 2001 there was a review by the pentagon and it went through congress where by the bronze star would not be awarded to those not engaged in combat,

• tumbling.dice
      tumbling.dice commented
      Editing a comment
      Beach Ball Bitch can you give me some sources? I can't find that info.

• Beach Ball Bitch
      Editing a comment
      https://www.stripes.com/news/pentago...awards-1.42268

@tumbling dice I think there are some who served in the military on this forum. Maybe he can answer.

These are my dad's bronze stars...I just now went and fished them out off a big box of stuff. He got them for service in Vietnam, specifically for something called "Diamond Operations". The way he described it to me (when he was drunk enough to talk about Vietnam) was a small group of men were placed near the Cambodian border, sitting ducks. The goal was to lure NVA over to the Vietnam side of the border, then American reinforcements would have a chance to defeat them in combat. He swears that they actually went into Cambodia though, a violation of US law at the time.

Dad went because he was drafted, and he thought he had to. His wife (my mom) was pregnant (with me) at the time he got his draft notice. They were poor and had no good options. His service started a long progression into depression, alcoholism and eventual suicide—helped along by my mom's untimely death. These medals didn't mean shit to him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dad-s-Medals.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	44905

Comment

• eggsprog
      eggsprog commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that, dice. It is tragic that so many people have no other option than to live in poverty or risk their lives in (often pointless) war.

Beach Ball Bitch "The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to any person [italics my own] who, while serving in any capacity in or with the military [again, italics my own] of the United States after 6 December 1941, distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service, not involving participation in aerial flight, while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party."

https://www.veteranmedals.army.mil/a...20against%20an

So yeah, nonmilitary can get it too.

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the JAG corps see any action. They are the attorney general of the military and do not see combat. Beau was being groomed
      to work in the government. You really think he saw anything? Kind of like the royal family joining the service, sure they learn stuff but don’t really do anything that could risk their lives.

Also thAt is what it originally was but in 2001 that changed. Must bein combat. Regardless, the bronze star that beau received was for show. People who have seen serious combat don’t receive it today. All of those reason for the medal is involving armed conflict though, beau would not see it in the JAG corps.

As for your dad. I am sorry to hear about that. Was your relationship good with him in the end? Or at least there was an understanding between you two?

I have an uncle who was in the Belgian Congo. So I kind of get it, but my uncle cAme out of it. Also a couple of great uncles from WW2 who had shell shock. And a grandfather who lied about his age. WW1. Was 14 and an uncle who lied about his age at 14 and joined the merchant marines. My dad was much younger and not alive when he did this. Born very late and born an uncle.
      Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 10-30-2020, 02:09 PM.

Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
    Beach Ball Bitch "The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to any person [italics my own] who, while serving in any capacity in or with the military [again, italics my own] of the United States after 6 December 1941, distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service, not involving participation in aerial flight, while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party."

https://www.veteranmedals.army.mil/a...20against%20an

So yeah, nonmilitary can get it too.
    Good job whipping the Trumpist into shape. Even though I'm technically "Hard Left" I have a great respect for you. I know it's kind of a dubious distinction. I started looking at some of my beliefs and realize that some of them are conservative as fuck. Like why keep pissing away money on a Law Enforcement model that doesn't work? It's leading to riots that cost more money to fix than police reform would.

Sorry. I got off topic.

It seems like the point of the OP was to discredit the opposition by proxy. Which is the same strategy that brining up Hunter Bidens laptop is rather than try to bring up Joe Bidens faults which there's a lot bring his family into it and discredit him by their actions. It seems like an old propaganda trick to me.

C/S,
    Rev J

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
      Editing a comment
      You don’t get it. Also, aren’t you meaning to reply to dice and not me? Do you even know how dice will vote? Is he a trumpeter?

There is no cleaning the floor here. Dice and I are having a conversation. But I am going to consider your feelings here. sorry I have been neglecting you, said as a good canadian does,

Not looking to trap just an honest question. This star to beau was given out for nothing. Just because of who he was. Just like all others being groomed for a position in government. Just like with the royal family who serve. It is a show, not reality. Can’t have the spare die. Ask Eric on hip how long it took him to get one. Definitely not after less than a year of service as an attorney general. Or I think orison did some tours as well.
      Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 10-30-2020, 02:00 PM.

Surprised Donnie Jr. hasn't gotten any medals for bravery yet. Boy needs a medal.

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
      Editing a comment
      That was a good one. he was groomed for the family business. I guess he liked it. Do you think someone who served in the military should be president? Do you think this is done to show patriotism when the position is taken?

I don't see why not. Personally I don't think any of these guys are class acts. And without good, honest people as leaders, we'll just keep slipping. The status quo seems to view a conscience as a weakness, though.

Comment

neonspectraltoast I do think trump wants what is best for the american people as a whole. More than the biden Harris ticket. A president, prime minister will never do things that makes everyone happy. There isn’t just one person to satisfy. Can people simply be content? Even a homeless person can enjoy or be content living on the street. Feel safer there for some people. Shit not that long ago there were people here living in teepees and wigwams. Was there life better? Everyone votes for who they think is best. Everyone thinks they know how it could be done better.

There is never going to be satisfaction, everyone wants more and more. I have little with regards to wants in this world for me or others. Food, a place to sleep is basic needs. Most of us are just trying to survive. Get through the day and relax. This lock down is not helping a lot of people mentally. I know three that died alone during this. One at the beginning of lock down. The smell was what alerted people. 56 years old. Family and friends here, but no one was seeing anyone. Another of cancer died alone, family had to protect her,.. and one other one. So I think this lock down needs to stop the lock down personally. I agree with him on that. I like what he did in peace deals. It is the best hope for peace in the Middle East. At least getting them talking and agreeing.

it isn’t my vote there that matters, I see trump doing things that I wish my lying trudeau government would do. The corruption going on here with Justin Trudeau is really bad.
      Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 10-30-2020, 09:56 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Ball Bitch View Post
        joe Biden says his son received the bronze star, That he was a war hero. Now he spent less than a year in Iraq with the JAG Corp. correct me if I am wrong, but this is Judicial Attorney General and military lawyers correct?

in such a position you would not see action nor participate in combat, correct? They are kept as far away as possible from the action.

if I am wrong correct me. So what would he have been given a bronze star for?

also received Legion of Merit. What the fuck for?
        Judge Advocate General. Kind of the judicial and investigative body of the Army. For some matters, like getting divorced from a life-draining spouse, they're on your side as a soldier. However, if you're being investigated, they make your life rather hellish. So it's no shock to me that they'd have a bipolar crack head on the roster.

As for awards, I saw all kinds of people get them for the stupidest of shit. Stuff like finding a loose bolt that COULD have caused a torpedo to get scratched. But that'd be called something else, like Preventing Disabling Damage to A Combat System.
        Last edited by WritersPanic; 10-30-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X