Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best compliment you've ever received?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best compliment you've ever received?

A few stick out to me through the years

- when I was a teenager and quite insecure, I was over at a friend's house hanging with her and her little brother. I said I liked something, and the little brother turned around and said "I like your face!" I still think about it 15 years later
    -it's not really a compliment but I tend to be a little sarcastic and melancholy in my daily life, someone found out my middle name is Joy and told me it was very ironic I had that name lmao

I was going through some momentos the other day and found this letter my friend wrote me when I was her maid of honor 3 years ago

"You are the most perfect creature I know. You have boundless creativity, you are elegant, intelligent, gangster, strong, yourself, gorgeous, and transcended."

And then it starts to get more intense lol so I'll just share that part.
    I mean its about time someone recognizes how fucking gangster I am.

Comment

• Din Djarin
      Din Djarin commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say OG but that makes you sound old :P

• dream catcher
      dream catcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Transcended?? Wow ✨

I have a deja vu seeing this thread. Isn't there another one already on treefort with same topic?

Comment

• dream catcher
      dream catcher commented
      Editing a comment
      That was about apologies : ) what's the best apology you've ever got by someone... Can't remember their name, I think they got deleted πŸ˜…πŸ€£

Yeah I did a compliment thread before but I cant remember if it was on HF, reddit, or here

But you can never have enough compliment threads if you ask meee, its good to keep in mind what people like about you

Comment

Originally posted by Meliai View Post
      Yeah I did a compliment thread before but I cant remember if it was on HF, reddit, or here

But you can never have enough compliment threads if you ask meee, its good to keep in mind what people like about you
      You did one here, if you don't want to merge them you can just type in compliment in the search bar and check titles only.

Comment

Oh shit, sorry y'all!!

Comment

• dream catcher
          dream catcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Din Djarin its a good thing it isn't really directed at you then is it? Here's a compliment.. You're really good at making things about you : D

• Din Djarin
          Din Djarin commented
          Editing a comment
          Its about y'all, which includes me. It's not about me specifically and I would never dare to make that mistake!

• 6-eyed
          6-eyed commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s to be sorry about? Sometimes it’s good to revive an old topic in a new thread

I brought my dog to a pet friendly tavern, and this girl who adored my dog told me she believed dogs resemble their owners.

Indeed I have a very handsome dog πŸ•

Click image for larger version

Name:	68FDF422-E624-4438-ABBF-0380DC9893C6.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	64523

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
          I brought my dog to a pet friendly tavern, and this girl who adored my dog told me she believed dogs resemble their owners.

Indeed I have a very handsome dog πŸ•

Click image for larger version

Name:	68FDF422-E624-4438-ABBF-0380DC9893C6.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	64523

I Can Most Certainly See The Resemblance......(runs for cover).......

Cheers Glen.

Comment

• 6-eyed
            6-eyed commented
            Editing a comment
            πŸ™

about a year after college i met a classmate in a local store (which was a great coincidence because he was from pretty far away)

anyway the compliment came when he introduced me to his father and described me as his teacher

we were both just students but this guy was really nice and was always helping me on jobs so i guess i actually did teach him more than the professor we had

that was over 20 years ago and i just recently ran into the guy for the first time since that day...he stayed with the heavy equipment repair and is working locally ...i stayed towards the automotive (never really like working on huge trucks or mining equipment)

Comment

Working...
          X