What Scares You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Scares You?

I mentioned in a New Years Resolutions thread that I want to do one thing a day next year that scares me.

Which made me realize I need to start working on a list of 365 things that scare me, which is probably not a difficult feat at all 😂

But now I am curious about everyone else's fears. What are you guys afraid of?

Deep water When I don't know what's underneath me

Comment

• Meliai
      Meliai commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah thats a scary feeling!

Only thing that is intrinsically bothering me is my current living situation. Every time something is supposed to be over, I notice afterwards it is not solved. My only fear is not getting outta here before i flip my shit or lose my sanity. I don't want to take it out on m landlord or neighbours, but really I am expecting it to happen any time at this point. There is no honor here to try to be the most civil or be patient, the only solution is to get outta here. Which I am actively working on..

Every month here is a fulfillment of my biggest fear. I want to sleep normally, have normal fucking heating and absolutely do not want to deal with these people ever again. As long as i live here I depend on these same people for bearable circumstances. Never hated my daily life as much as I do now.

Alright my biggest fear is probably moving and then finding out I am in similar or worse circumstances :P :-D
    Last edited by Din Djarin; 12-18-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Meliai
      Meliai commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry asmo that really sucks and adds entire layers of stress to your daily life. Hope ya find a better place soon

For a while my fear was listening to the sound of my own voice on recording. But I overcame this fear by recording my phone and Skype conversations I had with my life coach, and listening back to it. Most people are embarrassed by how they sound, as was I. But accepting the sound of your voice is a true charisma and confidence builder!

Comment

• Meliai
      Meliai commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey I'm adding this to my list! I am the same, cant stand the sound of my voice and I also hate watching myself in videos

getting eaten by bears

Comment

More creeped out than scared

But cant deal with rats

*shivers

Freak me out way more than spiders or snakes do

Comment

The Bubbly-Faced Man

Comment

it feels so dumb but the only time i ever really feel "fear" is when i suddenly get the IDEA about something chasing me, usually i'm not even thinking anything real.. horror movie stuff.. a monster or a psycho. i'll walk across a room in darkness telling myself there is nothing to worry about, and then as i'm going to walk up the stairs or whatever i'll suddenly get the urge to RUN.. and despite how dumb it is, like i never REALLY believe there is something there, i pretty much always get that feeling. and REACT to it though. god. i'm feeling disgusted with myself now for not overcoming it in the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica View Post
            it feels so dumb but the only time i ever really feel "fear" is when i suddenly get the IDEA about something chasing me, usually i'm not even thinking anything real.. horror movie stuff.. a monster or a psycho. i'll walk across a room in darkness telling myself there is nothing to worry about, and then as i'm going to walk up the stairs or whatever i'll suddenly get the urge to RUN.. and despite how dumb it is, like i never REALLY believe there is something there, i pretty much always get that feeling. and REACT to it though. god. i'm feeling disgusted with myself now for not overcoming it in the moment.
            Wow Mate That made me Shiver I used to get that all the time !

But let me tell you something that happened to me
            I was shooting rats with a mate of mine ,his name was John Tunstall It was an old mine slurry tip that was flooded and being used as a dump we both had 12 bores with torches taped under the barrel , you could hear the rats plopping into the water at intervals and so knew to turn on your light , next thing there was an enormous splash almost as if a cow or something of that size had jumped in I just turned and Fucking run like the devil was after me .
            After about fifty or sixty yards john came legging past me at a gallop I couldn't breath I was running that fast Kept going until we came to a main road and both of us collapsed on the verge , Obviously because we never hung about to find out , we had no Idea what it was but that night two grown men armed were turned into scared children

your post reminded me of that time ! wonder if Jo ever thinks about it
            Last edited by mallyboppa; 12-20-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Jessica
              Jessica commented
              Editing a comment
              Omg yes that would terrify me! Or like when I hear a noise in another room and I don't know HOW people go to see what it was because all I can think of it what happens when that happens in a movie!

• Dr. Doom
              Dr. Doom commented
              Editing a comment
              Jessica that sounds exactly like my daughter ...lol!

Failure mostly.

Like if I find I don't have much natural skill at a thing it's really tempting for me to give up that to accept I can work on it and become adequate. I think I'm inherently overly critical.

Comment

Being stalked by people online.

Comment

Originally posted by lode View Post
                Failure mostly.

Like if I find I don't have much natural skill at a thing it's really tempting for me to give up that to accept I can work on it and become adequate. I think I'm inherently overly critical.

I think i've figured out my fear of failure is really more a fear of success

Which seems easy enough to face; some of y'all have to swim with sharks or face down a bear to face your fears and I just have to succeed at something

Comment

Originally posted by Meliai View Post
                  I mentioned in a New Years Resolutions thread that I want to do one thing a day next year that scares me.

Which made me realize I need to start working on a list of 365 things that scare me, which is probably not a difficult feat at all 😂

But now I am curious about everyone else's fears. What are you guys afraid of?
                  I tried to do that for a little while, or at least something similar. I made my mantra "say yes to life" and would do my best to agree to do things--be that saying yes to plans, social propositions, things that scared me, things that made me uncomfortable. The attitude really did make a difference in my life, and I had a lot of scary, thrilling, and challenging experiences. It was a good experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Youfreeme View Post

I tried to do that for a little while, or at least something similar. I made my mantra "say yes to life" and would do my best to agree to do things--be that saying yes to plans, social propositions, things that scared me, things that made me uncomfortable. The attitude really did make a difference in my life, and I had a lot of scary, thrilling, and challenging experiences. It was a good experiment.

Did you find when you finished making a conscious effort because of the experiment, you were still more open to new experiences? Did it have a long lasting impact on your life and result in meaningful change or did you go back to the baseline of who you were before?

These questions sound a bit stiff as if we are in a formal interview haha

I'm a bit of a people pleaser so my mantra is going to be more of, "say no to life (as envisioned by other people) and yes to life (as envisioned by you)
                    Last edited by Meliai; 12-22-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Looking up at the sky at night. Just knowing I'm gazing into an unfathomable void. Makes me want to crawl.

Comment

Working...
                      X