Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather have an easy job working for someone else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you rather have an easy job working for someone else ....

.... or be your own boss but work incredibly hard?
    "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

I value time off immensely. But it would of course depend on the exact work, the pay, how satisfying it is, if it is an addition to society etc. etc. But at first instance I opt for working for someone else. Easy wouldn't mean slacking off naturally!

Comment

There are probably a few exceptions but generally speaking, an easy job working for someone else

Comment

Easy. I've done the ambitious thing and it's really not very rewarding, and you're basically forbidden from having your own life doing things you actually want to do.

Of course, I haven't really worked for myself, but close enough anyway.

Comment

My parents had (have) their own business, at their home, so during growing up as both a kid and a teen I noticed the perks and disadvantages that being your own boss may bring.
          One big advantage is that you often can plan your own day. But the disadvantage is you are in charge and if you plan an afternoon off you may be busy 2 evenings later instead.

As a kid it seemed the shit btw. As I grew older I grew more wary of being my own boss :P

Comment

I’ve done the easy job working under someone else and the satisfaction factor was just not there. Pay was also too low for my lifestyle. I would love to open a business with some employees one day.

Comment

I'm done working for other people.

Comment

easy, for someone else.. but i say this without pause because my current version of it is extremely fortunate and most of the perks of being my own boss, i have in this job.. without the responsibility.

Comment

Definitely doing what I'm doing now.

An incredibly easy job working for some else.

Comment

Working...
                  X