So What Now America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So What Now America?

I find it hard to believe that Democratic politicians hearts are so filled with hatred and envy that they are prepared to waste even more of the taxpayers dollars to attempt to impeach President Trump. How is this supposed to unify America? If President Trump is to blame for what happened at the Capitol, then Biden, Pelosi, Schiff, Harris, Hillary Clinton et al are to blame for the five months of anarchy that took place before the election.

Do you agree?
    "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

Yes and no. The politicians on both sides have been doing a lot to hurt the country lately, but very little of our current problems can be traced back to a specific person or group of people. It has taken tireless efforts by all politicians from both parties and at all levels, as well as most of the media and even a large number of regular citizens to drive us down to the current depths.

Obviously there's no actual interest in unification. Manufactured divisiveness is way too convenient for the people in charge for them to actually try and stop it.

Comment

I said in another post somewhere that I give the Democrats six months leeway before they show their true colors. At this time Joe Biden will have retired and Kamala Harris will be President. God help us when this happens!
      "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

Comment

The BLM riots were condemned by everyone. It took six hours for resident Trump to finally cave and say something about the crisis at the Capitol. Yes, he said we need peace and to go home, but it wasn't too hard to read between the lines when he told them he loved them and that the election was stolen in the same breath. He wants to stay in office, through any means, even violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dax View Post
          I said in another post somewhere that I give the Democrats six months leeway before they show their true colors. At this time Joe Biden will have retired and Kamala Harris will be President. God help us when this happens!
          Want to put some money on that? I'll bet you $100 USD that you're wrong.

Comment

We're still blaming shit on Hilary Clinton?

Comment

Originally posted by everything bagel View Post
              We're still blaming shit on Hilary Clinton?
              yeah i can't figure out why republicans still have such a boner for her. is she even in politics anymore?

Comment

• SpaceMan
                SpaceMan commented
                Editing a comment
                she tends to stay behind the scenes

just ordering and paying for false evidence and fake news

and controlling a few political things thru the clinton crime foundation

Yes I agree, no idea how it's supposed to unify America.

Comment

The only thing that can unify America in the eyes of Republicans is total white supremacy.

Comment

Dax Admittedly a bit speculative here but your incredulity might not be without warrant. There is mounting evidence that the Covid lockdowns are ineffective and now murmurings from liberal news outlets and politicians about reopening, so the whole impeachment and silencing of conservatives might just be a deflection to prevent a collective "Told you so".

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CNN-Mostly-Peaceful.jpg?resize=768%2C422&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	80893

Comment

• SpaceMan
                      SpaceMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      sidenote about kenosha madness...do you remember how all the dem leaning media was (and some still are) reporting the black thug was unarmed?...turns out the police and fox news were right that he had a knife....the black thug himself admitted it on national tv last week

• Vanilla Gorilla
                      Vanilla Gorilla commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No surprises there

Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
                    Dax Admittedly a bit speculative here but your incredulity might not be without warrant. There is mounting evidence that the Covid lockdowns are ineffective and now murmurings from liberal news outlets and politicians about reopening, so the whole impeachment and silencing of conservatives might just be a deflection to prevent a collective "Told you so".
                    But aren't they almost guaranteed to be ineffective when large numbers of people don't actually follow the rules/guidelines?

Comment

Liz Cheney, a Republican led a group of Republicans to vote for the impeachment of President Trump. According to her the president of the United States summoned this mob, assembled this mob and lit the flame of this attack.” Hopefully this “lady” won’t get elected again.

So its alleged that the crowd that got together at the Mall did so because President Trump incited them. But the mob who broke into the Capitol was about a mile away when he spoke.

So how can the President be responsible for what happened next? He said: “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.” In my opinion hardly a call to arms.

So the impeachment resolution charges Trump with an “incitement of insurrection.” When? Where? How? No witnesses were called at the hearing who might have connected President Trump with the rioting.

The Left thru House Speaker Nancy Pelosi want to make sure that President Trump goes down in history as the only President to be impeached twice … all because he defeated them against all odds in 2016. Also because he knows all about her selling General Electric to China. Her laptop was lifted by Special Forces during the “riot” so we might hear more about it but don’t hold your breath.

Of course now that the Democrats realize that they can cheat and get away with it, this heralds the end of fair elections in the future. They now have four years to open our borders to illegal immigrants who of course will vote Democratic so maybe cheating won’t be necessary again.

So now that the Democrats have “won” the election and their choice for President, 78 year old Joe Biden will be sworn in on the 20th, one would think that they would get down to the business of running the USA. But no they continue their hateful and nasty attacks on the previous President wasting time and money in an attempt to make sure he never again runs for President.

Time to catch a wake up America!!

Comment

• PacificDude
                        PacificDude commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "...78 year old Joe Biden will be sworn in on the 20th..."

Trump will be 75 years old in June, so I fail to see why Biden's age should be held against him?

Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
                      Lockdowns seem to work much better in societies that are more collectivist. The United States and similar countries are much more individualistic and don't want to give up personal rights (even temporarily) for the good of the larger population. For a lock down to work, people have to follow it strictly. I wonder if that is a realistic goal here (at least in America, where I see people flaunting the rules all of the time). The issue seems to be that we lock down for a little while, then lift it too quickly. If we had locked down, stayed locked down, and not budged for a longer period of time, with folks actually following the rules, I think we would be in much better shape.

It's difficult to imagine a solution to this problem that is going to be compatible with the social zeitgeist in the West. While the herd immunity approach might have some validity, it isn't exactly fair to older folks or other high risk people, since it requires a huge sacrifice on their parts, and for much longer. Plus, there isn't much immunity to Covid-19, since the antibodies only last a few months after you've had it. So is true herd immunity even possible?

The wrong approach is probably the one we are taking--hot and cold, mixed messages from politicians. I wish we could take one approach and really commit to it. We're just dragging this whole process out while the virus mutates and more and more folks die.

Comment

Originally posted by Youfreeme View Post

Lockdowns seem to work much better in societies that are more collectivist. The United States and similar countries are much more individualistic and don't want to give up personal rights (even temporarily) for the good of the larger population. For a lock down to work, people have to follow it strictly. I wonder if that is a realistic goal here (at least in America, where I see people flaunting the rules all of the time). The issue seems to be that we lock down for a little while, then lift it too quickly. If we had locked down, stayed locked down, and not budged for a longer period of time, with folks actually following the rules, I think we would be in much better shape.

It's difficult to imagine a solution to this problem that is going to be compatible with the social zeitgeist in the West. While the herd immunity approach might have some validity, it isn't exactly fair to older folks or other high risk people, since it requires a huge sacrifice on their parts, and for much longer. Plus, there isn't much immunity to Covid-19, since the antibodies only last a few months after you've had it. So is true herd immunity even possible?

The wrong approach is probably the one we are taking--hot and cold, mixed messages from politicians. I wish we could take one approach and really commit to it. We're just dragging this whole process out while the virus mutates and more and more folks die.
                        We had live sports, concerts, theme parks, movie theaters and most forms of entertainment closed last year. Assuming businesses, well the ones that haven't already been destroyed by lockdowns, aren't bending the rules on capacity and what not, everyone seems to be following rules/guidelines for masks and social distancing. We still have one of the highest case rates.
                        Last edited by Audiogen; 01-16-2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X