Patriotic Millionaires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patriotic Millionaires

I've only just learned about Abigail Disney, and I love her. Reading an article about her, and the organisation Patriotic Millionaires gave me a sense of relief. She knows that her ideal world is too radical to push for just yet, but this is a start. My favourite "too radical" idea is that £1billion is enough money for anyone, and that anyone who achieves that has "won capitalism" and cannot keep earning more. Like, fuck yes. It's hardly preventing people from chasing extreme wealth, is it. No-one is robbing the rich of their luxuries.

Everyone knows that the wealth gap is insane, and it's something that keeps coming up, but it's impossible to know what to do about it, for me. I think she is right, that it will take the millionaires themselves fighting for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotic_Millionaires

Thats how we got the voting rights expanded as well after all: the minority of privileged citizens who were already allowed were aiding the people who didn't but were craving it. First men from lower classes and then even women (a sign you can get too far teehee JK!)

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post
      Thats how we got the voting rights expanded as well after all: the minority of privileged citizens who were already allowed were aiding the people who didn't but were craving it. First men from lower classes and then even women (a sign you can get too far teehee JK!)
      yes, true. i have huge respect for every person in that organisation, especially the ones who joined early on.
      It was in the news magazine here because they are just starting a British branch

Comment

The largest reason the wealth gap has gotten so big is because the wealthiest of people buy and bribe politicians to write laws and regulations in their favor to keep others from rising up the wealth ladder.

COVID laws are a good example of this. Jeff Bezos and many others made so much money from the pandemic. Meanwhile the small business owners were forced to close down and go broke. It was no accident.

Comment

On a related-to-money note...

So, the chip, inexplicably, disappeared from my debit card. (There is just a square space where it once was.) Somehow this has rendered my card completely useless, even if just entering the digits online. And I only tried to use the magnetic slide once.

I feel like this is a bad portent.

And really, it's becoming absurdly difficult to make any sort of transaction, I feel.

Maybe inquiring minds would know more about what's at play here than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by neonspectraltoast View Post
            On a related-to-money note...

So, the chip, inexplicably, disappeared from my debit card.
            While it's possible that the chip simply fell out, it's also possible that someone removed the chip deliberately. The chances of the second possibility increase if you were just recently in jail.

I recommend that you inform your bank of the problem ASAP and check your account balance.

"I like big butts and I can not lie"
            - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Comment

It happened before I went to jail, and it was always in my wallet. Which wasn't always on me, which is kind of a scary thought. Cause I agree...how the heck was it just missing...

I'm going to tell them tomorrow, possibly.

Comment

Working...
              X