Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamala Harris and the 'Birthers'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Kamala Harris and the 'Birthers'

    Here we go again.

    "I heard it today [August 13, 2020] that she [Harris] doesn't meet the requirements [for President]," Trump said.

    Here are some facts:
    • The 14th Amendment reads: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
    • From Article II, Section 1 of the US Constitution: "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."
    • Kamala Harris was born in Oakland, California on October, 20, 1964.
    I guess it's possible that Trump is too stupid to put these three facts together and reach a valid conclusion, but I'd bet he is instead counting on his supporters to be stupid...and I doubt he'll be disappointed.

    https://www.npr.org/2020/08/13/90236...-kamala-harris

    #2
    He followed it up with "I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president."

    He was prompted the question too, it's not like he just randomly brought it up. I'm not sure what's controversial about this.

    It sounded like he either doesn't care or was being coy, but there's people calling it racist which is actually dumb.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
      I'm not sure what's controversial about this.
      that's just the current state of american politics. literally anything said by any major politician is taken out of context and twisted to make them sound evil. and if they don't say anything that can possibly be taken out of context and twisted, people will just flat out lie about what they've said.

      not that i'm defending trump. it's just annoying, because he's awful enough on his own. when the media and other democrats try to amplify it through dishonesty it actually makes him look slightly better. the same thing happens to biden too. the guy's clearly a joke, blatantly making shit up about him does nothing to help the republicans' cause but they do it anyway. and the same thing happens to every high ranking member of either party.

      anyway, i didn't actually see the quote in question or read the article. this was more a statement on the current state of american politics in general than anything specific to this thread topic.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Undies View Post

        that's just the current state of american politics. literally anything said by any major politician is taken out of context and twisted to make them sound evil. and if they don't say anything that can possibly be taken out of context and twisted, people will just flat out lie about what they've said.

        not that i'm defending trump. it's just annoying, because he's awful enough on his own. when the media and other democrats try to amplify it through dishonesty it actually makes him look slightly better. the same thing happens to biden too. the guy's clearly a joke, blatantly making shit up about him does nothing to help the republicans' cause but they do it anyway. and the same thing happens to every high ranking member of either party.

        anyway, i didn't actually see the quote in question or read the article. this was more a statement on the current state of american politics in general than anything specific to this thread topic.
        I agree, I think this is the worst the mainstream media has been during my lifetime. I went from thinking Trump is a clown for calling media "fake news" early on in his presidency to now thinking he's got a point and I pretty much avoid mainstream media.

        He's had some gaffes though, like while it was slightly taken out of context, I thought his "Covid is hoax" bit was clunky and insensitive to the situation. Some rather bizarre stuff as well, iirc he talked about planes during the revolutionary war.

        I have this impression, admittedly not all that well formed that there is something about the cult of celebrity or maybe it's just Trump's bombast which changed the media and politicians. I feel like lifelong politicians have sort of a subconscious fear of this kind of thing and rather than relying on political prowess, many of them are stooping down to his level in one way or another.

        I could be way off base, I've never followed politics all that closely, unfortunately it's practically shoved down our throats now.
        Last edited by Audiogen; 08-15-2020, 03:46 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          I wish the world would start producing some fun left wing liberal politicians. I watched Kamala Harris talking the other night.. and I had the same sensation I did as watching Corbyn, over here. I know these people stand for the ideals I believe in, or at least more closely than their opponents.. but.. i just don't like them. And there are too many people like me, who cannot be appealed to with that take-things-seriously appeal-to-the-decent-human-nature angle. i want a left wing candidate who spends a more time mocking the right wing candidate. Trump gets away with saying bullshit, and his actual policies are not what i want.. but the left repeatedly thinks the answer is to logically and truthfully focus on green, fair, liberal policies.. like, i don't care, i know, i know. do them. do good things. but stop trying to make me vote for you with your moral superiority and sincerity. just mock Trump and be fun and funny. the world needs it and will keep voting for people like Trump and Boris because they provide that.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by J Ruth View Post
            but the left repeatedly thinks the answer is to logically and truthfully focus on green, fair, liberal policies.. like, i don't care, i know, i know. do them. do good things. but stop trying to make me vote for you with your moral superiority and sincerity. just mock Trump and be fun and funny. the world needs it and will keep voting for people like Trump and Boris because they provide that.
            The left in the US has been infiltrated by degenerate morality and the liberals seem to be spineless and cater to radicals. They've gone from respect of everyone a couple years ago while the transgender movement was going on to refusing to denounce radicals who beat up a gay vietnamese reporter while calling him a white supremacist and their takeover of city blocks that have lead to people being shot. They aren't doing good things and not very logical.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
              Here we go again.

              "I heard it today [August 13, 2020] that she [Harris] doesn't meet the requirements [for President]," Trump said.

              Here are some facts:
              • The 14th Amendment reads: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
              • From Article II, Section 1 of the US Constitution: "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."
              • Kamala Harris was born in Oakland, California on October, 20, 1964.
              I guess it's possible that Trump is too stupid to put these three facts together and reach a valid conclusion, but I'd bet he is instead counting on his supporters to be stupid...and I doubt he'll be disappointed.

              https://www.npr.org/2020/08/13/90236...-kamala-harris

              Kind of over anyone calling anyone else stupid especially because of 2020

              Comment


                #8
                Kamala Harris and the 'Birthers

                Good surf band

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Audiogen View Post

                  The left in the US has been infiltrated by degenerate morality and the liberals seem to be spineless and cater to radicals. They've gone from respect of everyone a couple years ago while the transgender movement was going on to refusing to denounce radicals who beat up a gay vietnamese reporter while calling him a white supremacist and their takeover of city blocks that have lead to people being shot. They aren't doing good things and not very logical.
                  Sorry dude. Andy Ngo is the Neo Nazi version of Elton John. Every time a musician get accused of homophobia they do a duet with Elton John to prove that they aren't homophobic.

                  Andy Ngo got hit in the head because he was taking pictures of mailing lists and sharing them with white supremacists. He has been seen with known Neo Nazis at scenes of attacks including pepper spraying the outside patio at a cider bar.

                  His account of the injuries sustained from getting clocked in the head don't match what he did afterwards. You don't go from getting a traumatic brain injury one day to getting on a plane, flying across country and showing up on Fox News to talk about it the next.

                  His accounts have been fact checked and pictures put into context he's a fucking charlatan.

                  C/S,
                  Rev J

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Rev J View Post

                    Sorry dude. Andy Ngo is the Neo Nazi version of Elton John. Every time a musician get accused of homophobia they do a duet with Elton John to prove that they aren't homophobic.

                    Andy Ngo got hit in the head because he was taking pictures of mailing lists and sharing them with white supremacists. He has been seen with known Neo Nazis at scenes of attacks including pepper spraying the outside patio at a cider bar.

                    His account of the injuries sustained from getting clocked in the head don't match what he did afterwards. You don't go from getting a traumatic brain injury one day to getting on a plane, flying across country and showing up on Fox News to talk about it the next.

                    His accounts have been fact checked and pictures put into context he's a fucking charlatan.
                    That's horseshit but fine let's substitute him with the Trans person that got mugged and guy beaten up the other night.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Audiogen View Post

                      That's horseshit but fine let's substitute him with the Trans person that got mugged and guy beaten up the other night.
                      Oh really horseshit you say:

                      https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...antifa-877914/

                      https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ngo-proud-boys

                      https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/08/a...rtland-bigotry

                      Quite the paper trail.

                      Let's see your rebuke.

                      C/S,
                      Rev J

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Rev J View Post

                        Oh really horseshit you say:


                        Quite the paper trail.

                        Let's see your rebuke.

                        Last edited by Audiogen; 08-19-2020, 04:42 AM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I see nothing in that that would cause the brain damage that he claims to have. On top of that he was released from the hospital way too soon to have sustained brain damage from the incident.

                          This interview was conducted in studio on July 2,2019:



                          The incident in question occurred on June 29, 2019. If he had a brain hemorrhage on June 29 he would have still been hospitalized and unable to do that interview in studio as his head would've exploded due to internal pressure on the flight.

                          Even the "Concrete Milkshake" thing has been debunked. For starters, sugar slows down the setting up of quick dry cement. Second, the people with the milkshakes were seen drinking from them. Not something you would do if said milkshake were spiked with quick dry concrete. Also part of the recipe for said milkshakes suggested mixing in household irritants. The thing is that the alkaline nature of the lyme in the concrete would neutralize the acidity in the household irritants.

                          I don't deny that Andy Ngo was attacked. I dispute the reasons that the right gives. He was attacked due to his warm buddy buddy relationship with the Proud Boys, Atomwaffen Division, and Patriots Prayer. Not because he is Gay, Asian, or allegedly a Reporter.

                          You only fell back on that because you have nothing else.

                          C/S,
                          Rev J

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
                            He followed it up with "I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president."

                            He was prompted the question too, it's not like he just randomly brought it up. I'm not sure what's controversial about this.

                            It sounded like he either doesn't care or was being coy, but there's people calling it racist which is actually dumb.
                            Wasn't he asked the question because he retweeted a tweet about it the day before?

                            Comment


                            • Audiogen
                              Audiogen commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't follow him on twitter, the reporter did not mention that when prompting the question.

                            #15
                            Originally posted by Rev J View Post
                            I see nothing in that that would cause the brain damage that he claims to have. On top of that he was released from the hospital way too soon to have sustained brain damage from the incident.
                            I hit my head yesterday on a roof overhang and my legs were shaking for about 30 minutes after and I'm substantially larger than Gno. If you don't see anything in that video that could have caused brain damage I think you're in denial or maybe just kind of cruel. I think it's disturbing to be dismissive that it could have, even if you think his narrative is slightly embellished.


                            I don't believe that's accurate about the released from the hospital part either, from Mayo Clinic:

                            Mild traumatic brain injury


                            The signs and symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury may include:
                            Physical symptoms
                            • Loss of consciousness for a few seconds to a few minutes
                            • No loss of consciousness, but a state of being dazed, confused or disoriented
                            • Headache
                            • Nausea or vomiting
                            • Fatigue or drowsiness
                            • Problems with speech
                            • Difficulty sleeping
                            • Sleeping more than usual
                            • Dizziness or loss of balance
                            Sensory symptoms
                            • Sensory problems, such as blurred vision, ringing in the ears, a bad taste in the mouth or changes in the ability to smell
                            • Sensitivity to light or sound
                            Cognitive or mental symptoms
                            • Memory or concentration problems
                            • Mood changes or mood swings
                            • Feeling depressed or anxious
                            Mild traumatic brain injuries usually require no treatment other than rest and over-the-counter pain relievers to treat a headache. However, a person with a mild traumatic brain injury usually needs to be monitored closely at home for any persistent, worsening or new symptoms. He or she may also have follow-up doctor appointments.

                            I don't deny that Andy Ngo was attacked. I dispute the reasons that the right gives. He was attacked due to his warm buddy buddy relationship with the Proud Boys, Atomwaffen Division, and Patriots Prayer. Not because he is Gay, Asian, or allegedly a Reporter.

                            You only fell back on that because you have nothing else.
                            Ok Gno was attacked violently by Antifas, is gay and of vietnamese descent, some liberals were/are not denoucing Antifa. A couple years ago, many of the same people we're asking us to be sensitive to boys who think they are girls and vice versa and call them such and all about intersectional issues, well still kind of are. That was my point, it seems they've either lost the plot or are disingenous. I wasn't trying to say the media completely covered the Gno story 100% accurately with the concrete milkshakes but it's obvious he was violently attacked by radicals.

                            As I said earlier, if it's his politics , substitute him for the people who got mugged and beat the other night, a consequence of not denouncing this crap. The people attacked don't have any of the political baggage of Gno, which I think is a bogus reason regardless, however, I'm not going to post that video to highlight actions of domestic terrorists, I feel like some people like to get their rocks off (no pun intended) on watching and defending that type of thing.
                            Last edited by Audiogen; 08-19-2020, 07:39 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X