American Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Politics

It's polarized and stupidified in an effort to sow confusion. This confusion allows the upper crust to keep gaining wealth and power. They do this by keeping the population distracted with immigration, racism and social wedge issues we have been hearing about since I was in high school.

"Mayor, you need to check your fucking attitude" - Raymond Lopez (After Mayor Lightfoot said he was lying about looting and destruction in his district)

Click image for larger version

Name:	29417318-8403347-A_Starbucks_store_has_been_smashed_in_downtown_Chicago_Officials-m-15_1591729284363.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	857
    Last edited by WritersPanic; 06-12-2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post
      It's polarized and stupidified in an effort to sow confusion. This confusion allows the upper crust to keep gaining wealth and power. They do this by keeping the population distracted with immigration, racism and social wedge issues we have been hearing about since I was in high school.
      well, that's american politics right there. i'm not sure if we even need this forum anymore.

Comment

No shit, it's why I didn't make one on the free site. Fuuuuu huuuuk politics.

Comment

I changed my mind (big shock). Politics doesn't belong here.
          It belongs over at the free site. That will prevent liability issues here.

So I made a politics forum over there!

The Throne of Balbus (There's even a picture of his highness)

Comment

Funny how I haven't seen Joe Biden during all this chaos. He should have been out front criticizing everything the current administration is doing. Maybe he was told to shut up by his handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
              Funny how I haven't seen Joe Biden during all this chaos. He should have been out front criticizing everything the current administration is doing. Maybe he was told to shut up by his handlers.
              No shit, Obama would have been all over this. In fact, where the hell is Obama? This is the perfect time for democrats to dump truckloads of banana peels in front of Trump.

Comment

Maybe the Biden plan is to just keep letting Trump be moronic until we all reject him completely.

Comment

Originally posted by neonspectraltoast View Post
                  Maybe the Biden plan is to just keep letting Trump be moronic until we all reject him completely.
                  Well, it worked for Hillary. After all, she "won" the "popular" vote!

Comment

That's not MY AMERICA!

Comment

This is rather incredible. I'm not sure how long it will be up.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/taylo...935334913-Aq6G

It's an interesting thread on LinkedIn regarding someone who has been harassed for supporting the police. It's rare I see all this racial bullshit on a professional site.

Comment

Here's Joe!

Name:	23ba46eb895097185af2046f26324f6628b3c45751302eb2b77247d5ef509221.gif?w=600&h=285.gif
Views:	272
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	2013
                        Last edited by WritersPanic; 06-17-2020, 01:56 AM.

Comment

This is better than politics

Comment

Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post
                            Here's Joe!

Name:	23ba46eb895097185af2046f26324f6628b3c45751302eb2b77247d5ef509221.gif?w=600&h=285.gif
Views:	272
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	2013
                            the pilsbury dough girl wants to be VP so bad

Comment

This is what I think of the press and media these days. C.M. Kornbluth's 1940s short science fiction story "The Silly Season" describes the situation perfectly.

Martians planning a wholesale invasion con bored newspaper reporters using an ingenious strategy. The Martians deliberately made appearances here and there around the country in ways that made the citizen who tried to warn the country look ridiculous. The reporters made fun of them to the point that nobody would dare announce that Martians were trying to invade us at the risk of appearing foolish.

The American public eventually became fed up with all the reports of Martian invaders and newspaper editors killed any further stories.

After that, the Martians were able to invade the entire country without the press giving any advanced warning to the areas that hadn't been occupied yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X