Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a conspiracy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is a conspiracy?

    There are some theories, but conspiracies are generally not very complicated. They should never be confused for Cons, based on confidence games where the victim is made complicit in a crime and therefore unable to report the crime committed against them by those who suckered them into the plan.

    In simple terms a conspiracy is multiple people agreeing to fuck others. Either a few valuable others, or multitudes of lesser others. The cause of this line of thinking is entirely primitive.

    #2
    Ask the average person what they think when they hear the word “conspiracy.” Very often they will say a crazy idea derived from myths, and unproven facts. And someone who wears tin foil dunce hat.

    Society was socially engineered to associate conspiracies and the whistle blowers as crazy weirdos who dawn the foil.

    Very often you’ll find the people who mock the conspiracy theorists and conspiracy realists, are the ones who seldom question the liars in the media and public office.

    People who are keen on conspiracies that took place throughout history, are aware that conspiracies are going on right now among global leaders. Conspiracy realists are smarter than the rest of the sheep.

    Comment


      #3
      I think there is a difference in what the term actually means and the colloquial usage. Sort of a Bay of Pigs vs. Moon landing thing.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by eggsprog View Post
        I think there is a difference in what the term actually means and the colloquial usage. Sort of a Bay of Pigs vs. Moon landing thing.
        Now that's an interesting perspective. Both events were hatched initially as conspiracies.

        Comment


        • eggsprog
          eggsprog commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm referring more to the "moon landing never happened" sort of conspiracy when I say moon landing.

        #5
        Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

        Now that's an interesting perspective. Both events were hatched initially as conspiracies.
        Yea, but that would be a conspiracy theory as opposed to a conspiracy.

        The conspiracy goes back to the 40s when Von Braun used the Nazi's resources to develop liquid fueled rockets (an idea he borrowed from Goddard, an American). His plan all along was to reach the moon. Having a proven design turned him into a walking resource for the Americans or Soviets who really wanted these big rockets to create unstoppable weapons and guns in the sky.

        The soviets ended up with all the rocket scientists who refused to abandon the Nazis. Von Braun and his team moved to Alabama. Within a decade Alabama was the center of racism in America.

        Comment


          #6
          Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
          Ask the average person what they think when they hear the word “conspiracy.” Very often they will say a crazy idea derived from myths, and unproven facts. And someone who wears tin foil dunce hat.

          Society was socially engineered to associate conspiracies and the whistle blowers as crazy weirdos who dawn the foil.

          Very often you’ll find the people who mock the conspiracy theorists and conspiracy realists, are the ones who seldom question the liars in the media and public office.

          People who are keen on conspiracies that took place throughout history, are aware that conspiracies are going on right now among global leaders. Conspiracy realists are smarter than the rest of the sheep.
          Totally agree.

          Comment


            #7
            The issue I see with many who promote Conspiracies in the colloquial sense is that they have to continually perpetuate conspiracies, so they have to attempt to find the conspiracy in any event they label as such. I know a couple here have lamented over people these days labelling everything as racist, I see a parallel type of circular reasoning in both instances.

            I find they often rely on deceptive tactics such as quote-mining, leaving out info and exaggerating claims. Not that the mainstream media is symptom-free of this, but with Conspiracy Theorists it's generally centered around more outlandish premises.

            Comment


              #8
              a conspiracy: when i'm driving somewhere in a hurry, usually because i'm at work, and suddenly i'm behind a long line of cars going way below the speed limit but all refusing to pass the lead car. then finally i manage to get around them, either by passing or by them all turning, and after getting up to speed for 6 seconds someone pulls out and cuts me off, only to go way below the speed limit, usually in a no passing zone. then i finally get around all of them, and i come to a red light where i'm second in line, behind someone waiting to turn right but refusing to use their right on red privilege. then i get moving again, and suddenly there's road construction with a flagger who clearly favors traffic from the other direction.

              this shit can't possibly be a coincidence; it's obvious that all the other drivers are in a group text conversation about keeping me from my destination.

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by Undies View Post
                a conspiracy: when i'm driving somewhere in a hurry, usually because i'm at work, and suddenly i'm behind a long line of cars going way below the speed limit but all refusing to pass the lead car. then finally i manage to get around them, either by passing or by them all turning, and after getting up to speed for 6 seconds someone pulls out and cuts me off, only to go way below the speed limit, usually in a no passing zone. then i finally get around all of them, and i come to a red light where i'm second in line, behind someone waiting to turn right but refusing to use their right on red privilege. then i get moving again, and suddenly there's road construction with a flagger who clearly favors traffic from the other direction.

                this shit can't possibly be a coincidence; it's obvious that all the other drivers are in a group text conversation about keeping me from my destination.
                We call that "Atlanta"!

                Comment


                  #10
                  Your face is a conspiracy

                  Comment


                  • Din Djarin
                    Din Djarin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    But how did you find out?

                  #11
                  Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

                  We call that "Atlanta"!
                  Sounds like a drive to the nearest big town here.
                  38 miles of highway, but over an hour drive. 40mph in a 55mph zone. And too much traffic to safely pass. My car only has 150hp.

                  Hopefully my V8 Ranger when completed, will solve that problem. 2900lb. pickup, engine with 400hp/400lb. torque. 3.73 gears, 2in. drop & good tires. 4 into 2 homemade exhaust system...I'm so looking forward to that.

                  Comment


                    #12
                    Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
                    Ask the average person what they think when they hear the word “conspiracy.” Very often they will say a crazy idea derived from myths, and unproven facts. And someone who wears tin foil dunce hat.

                    Society was socially engineered to associate conspiracies and the whistle blowers as crazy weirdos who dawn the foil.
                    Any critical person who cares about the truth will see past these generalisations and tactics to portray something in a particular light. The sad fact of the matter is a majority of these conspiracy theories are pushed for dubious reasons, and that's why a lot of people who share or defend them are (often righteously) set away as dubious idiots.

                    Very often you’ll find the people who mock the conspiracy theorists and conspiracy realists, are the ones who seldom question the liars in the media and public office.
                    Same can be said about conspiracy nuts and their alternative sources (which they often don't even want to share, and we all know why).


                    People who are keen on conspiracies that took place throughout history, are aware that conspiracies are going on right now among global leaders. Conspiracy realists are smarter than the rest of the sheep.
                    It seems like that when its worded like that (conspiracy realists and sheep). Nice try. The truth is the conspiracy theory pushers are just as often not realists at all, and the people called (reduced to) sheep are just as often nuanced in and informed about their 'following' of the mainstream/established consensus.
                    Last edited by Din Djarin; 07-22-2020, 05:17 PM.

                    Comment


                      #13
                      Conspiracies have ended. Actually, we the people are the only authoritarians now. Generations have bred a power structure that is something akin to the Care Bears. We should stop projecting our fears onto our kind and benevolent rulers.

                      Comment


                        #14
                        The term Conspiracy Theory was created by the CIA in 1967. https://theconversation.com/theres-a...res-why-132117

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X