Coca Cola tells its employees they must become less white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coca Cola tells its employees they must become less white

Maybe they need to change their cans to black and yellow!

they must take critical race theory and appropriate other cultures.

Comment

They should switch to grape juice.

Padum tss

Comment

I just don't think there should be any racist discussion I just don't feel it should even be an issue🙄

The world is very diverse, for example on my mum's side of the family my cousins Abby & Jonny are mixed race part English and Sri Lankan Sinhalese I feel they both nicely embody the facial SE Asian & European facial features and have nice light brown hair, hazel eyes & they're about 2 shades lighter brown skin than me.

And I've for many years working in London & now in Cambridge I see so many interracial couples and in the work place plenty of mixed race European races mixed with Asian, SE Asian & Black etc and I always admire when some people I've met have the nice physical blend of both races & some folks are beautifully mixed with several different races.

I honestly feel that any discussions these days about racism in any scenario such as work places should NOT be any concern imo racism is very overrated.

People in the work place should be only concerned with simply just work together as a team and get the work successfully accomplished : )
        Last edited by niftypebble21; 02-21-2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• WritersPanic
          WritersPanic commented
          Editing a comment
          In America racism is an easy paycheck for the people who push it. If racism were to take a dip, they'd lose their job. And it did take a dip from the end of the Vietnam war through Disco and then going back to hell during the crack epidemic. So about 10 years of life without minute-by-minute racial strife. The crack epidemic actually injected a lot of money into the hands of entrepreneurial black dealers who turned it into empires. I had a black neighbor in Memphis back then (late 80s) who used to say that the two greatest things to happen for black people was Crack and Jerri Curl. He was kind of eccentric. Probably why we got along so well.

The racial turmoil in Memphis was so thick you could see it. The white people were abandoning the city and moving to the suburbs which had previously been reserved for either the extreme wealthy (Germantown), or the white trash (Frasier). I moved to Orlando before that really kicked into gear. Memphis schools were devastated as the real estate taxes dwindled from all the white flight.

In Orlando the racial shit was somewhat evenly split into 3rds with the substantial Hispanic population. And many of them were the progeny of People who fled Cuba and Castro. So a lot of them were very conservative. For a decade Orlando was actually a decent place to live. When I was a kid Orlando was considered to be the armpit of Florida (Miami was the groin). Disney was wise to build his park way out of town.

But there was all kinds of woke strife at Disney too. For example, the Moroccan pavilion at EPCOT hired a lot of regular Moroccans on a rotating basis similar to the American college program. I was delivering the safety training, so I was in the Traditions (their name for onboarding) classroom often. In addition to telling cast members (employees) not to point with 1 finger and other assorted niceties I was in the room when the HR chief literally told all of the gay people to stay away from the Moroccans because it only led to trouble. Which I learned was why they only worked at the park for 3-4 months, no longer. This was in the early 90s, well ahead of 9/11 and Islamophobia. But the head of HR said that a number of people have ignored her warning and decided they wanted a piece of imported meat. They ended up getting beaten severely and all the Moroccan guys got was a free ticket home.

I was really glad nobody asked me to add that little bit of the presentation to the safety lecture!

niftypebble21 when I was in art college the ppl I hung out with the most.... female - Spanish and Filipino mix, 1 male South American and a Chinese guy and a white guy. Itwas interesting we would go out to clubs and most people were darker at them in skin colour. One time we went to an event at an Australian pavilion ... mostly white people... and my friends said they had never been in a place so White, and felt a little uncomfortable at first as they stood out. I was rather surprised at this but never thought of their comment as racist. Today’s definition of it Would be racist, but only if a white person said this.
        Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 02-21-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• WritersPanic
          WritersPanic commented
          Editing a comment
          That's just because only white people can be racists.

The adventures of Kermit the Frog, Animal, pictured, Miss Piggy and friends now come with an alert about 'offensive content' and can only be seen on an adult account.

Comment

With regards to diversity even where I live I've just now seen some teenage kids walk by my home a blonde haired girl, a mixed race black young guy, a chinese Asian looking girl & a ginger-red curly haired young English guy it's very racially diverse here in Cambridgeshire : )

Comment

Originally posted by niftypebble21 View Post
            I just don't think there should be any racist discussion I just don't feel it should even be an issue🙄
            Uhm yeah, a lot of people who make it an issue think it shouldn't be an issue either. Doesn't change the fact that it is an issue :P
            Another thought: that some people think there shouldn't even be any racist discussion could become an issue on itself.

I think half of the problems people have with racist discussions is they wish it wouldn't be an issue and therefor try to shut them down (not that you are doing that, Nifty! ), and people lack patience because they heard most arguments and talking points before, so they assume the other persons mindset and conclude in advance 'been there, done that', 'i got no time for this'.

People in the work place should be only concerned with simply just work together as a team and get the work successfully accomplished : )
            It's the reality that people or companies are not always like that why discussion is needed. Stating what people should do or what the reality should be is good and well, but sometimes we can't get there without talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post
              It's the reality that people or companies are not always like that why discussion is needed. Stating what people should do or what the reality should be is good and well, but sometimes we can't get there without talking about it.
              Din Djarin yup perhaps in some work places if there are racial divides happening then yeah sure probably good to disuss : )

I think I've honestly not experienced anyone suffering in any of the places due to race issues when working back in my media marketing career days in London and now in my civil service jobs in Cambridge I feel everywhere I've worked has had a nice racial balance the only work related problems are only concerns about the quality of getting the work done successfully.

The only place I worked (one of my fav work places which I thankfully survived a whole year with one of the highest salaries I achieved + bonus: ) I wish that had been the job for me destined to be having year after year stability
              which I found very amusing was when I was working years ago in London for the international media company Time Inc (they publish Instyle, Marie Claire, NME, Woman & Home, Horse & Hound & 100+ others magazines).

I was working as an Ad Operations Exec in the central Ad Ops team and one Sales guy was not happy about the ad performance of some of his advertising (the square 'mpus' rectangle 'skyscrapers' & leaderbaord ads) when he was not happy about whatever I said in my emails to him & his team that I and the rest of my Ad ops team are doing our best we can do managing his advertising and if their client is still not happy just give him my team's email and we'll communicate with his client directly ourselves but he was still not happy with that plan so he came to find me in the building to try to discuss his own plan since he was not happy with mine or my team's plan and he actually pulled the race card on me saying can you please just optimise the advertising to generate more revenue again I said you can't just magically optimise and expect immediate results he needs to back off and let my team & I in Ad Ops do our jobs and then said "you know my wife is Indian" (I think he thought because I look SE Asian I must be Indian LOL) I said it's not relevant that your wife is Indian and btw I am Sri lankan Sinhalese heritage lol chuckled at him like even if I were Indian there is nothing about race that is going to miraculously make his advertising generate more revenue LOL😁
              Last edited by niftypebble21; 02-21-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I stopped drinking soda years ago. Boycotting coca-cola should be an easy one.

Comment

• Audiogen
                  Audiogen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yah I'm essentially addicted, or at least I'm not going to give up Coca-Cola in response to the systemic racism. I've pretty much boycotted sports besides baseball tho, so there's that.

• 6-eyed
                  6-eyed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Audiogen there’s always RC cola

• Audiogen
                  Audiogen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  6-eyed It's not the same. A lot of places have Mexican Coke here, I could go strictly to that. I suppose it's under the same umbrella company but I doubt they are subjecting their employees to this stuff.

Originally posted by Beach Ball Bitch View Post
                Maybe they need to change their cans to black and yellow!
                Was your color change suggestion to mean?

Black= World Negro
                Yellow= World Asian

I knew fer sure it wasn't suggested to mean Wiz Khalifa song.

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
                  Beach Ball Bitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn’t think of that. Was more thinking of critical race theory and how this is heavily influenced by the woke and blm. They are blm colours. Go woke go broke.

They may as well go all in here.

• Pete's Draggun
                  Pete's Draggun commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ^

Where we go one....... we go all.

Geez this op is racist!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif?cid=5e214886w191qhpa4o508wc9r5t3j8985fupru7znwzw0ijz&rid=giphy.gif
Views:	68
Size:	498.9 KB
ID:	100762

Comment

• 6-eyed
                  6-eyed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow incense really does cause brain damage. You miss the point of the thread

Originally posted by Incense lover View Post
                Geez this op is racist!

No, it isn't. Submitting a story about racist corporate games is not itself racist.

Comment

• WritersPanic
                  WritersPanic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is not how racism is defined, so you're just calling her names. When is anyone "allowed" to discuss racism in your book? Or is that to be dictated by the "color" of the person who posts about it?

You're taking the easy way out when you pull the race card so early in the game. Why not try a reasonable, calm, adult response instead? Try it some time.

• Sooz
                  Sooz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Racism is discrimination.

• WritersPanic
                  WritersPanic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If ONLY it was just "discrimination". But it's not, it's far deeper into humanity than just discrimination. Hate is a powerful factor as is fear, which begets hate.

So what should the Coke workers do, spend their whole shift getting white girls' phone numbers despite the fact that they're engaged?

Comment

blm has colors? what, is it a sports team now?

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
                    Beach Ball Bitch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They have a logo. and design. They have a colour scheme yes.

• niftypebble21
                    niftypebble21 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Perhaps the colours & design style of the logo of the Coca Cola can has some sort of subliminal racism associated with it lol : P
                Working...
                X