Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthem kneelers take one to the chin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anthem kneelers take one to the chin

    https://summit.news/2021/04/23/takin...pic-committee/

    The Olympics have banned athletes from making political gestures like taking a knee or raising a fist.

    Good. Keep religious politics out of sports.

    #2
    Politics like the national anthem?

    Comment


      #3
      They should just ban the national anthem.

      Comment


        #4
        i really never understood what the national anthem has to do with sports. i also kind of like keeping politics out of sports, although i find taking a knee during the anthem to be such a minor gesture that i have a hard time really giving a shit about it either way.

        Comment


          #5
          They should just stand in silence to reflect on being human and the opportunity to be alive. One human race in solidarity

          Comment


            #6
            Hateraids aren't needed from ignorant people like the OP.

            Comment


              #7
               

              Comment


                #8
                And he says white people have to take the knee because they are white and don’t want to be labelled racist. Rthat he is called a traitor, an Uncle Tom .... Fuckthat, iwont take the knee for a racist marxist group. I won’t take the knee for anyone? And wha5 has my speaking out gotten me? The racists calling me racist! Pretty funny. Because I object to their ideology of the marxist/communists and the brainwashing they have done on so many. Because I object to the racism they have shown towards anyone who is not black, even within their marches. White people in it atere belittled and told they are racist and they must prove their loyalty to black people by being willing to take a bullet for them. Be a human shield. Do as you are told or else. Sounds like hitler to me.
                Beach Ball Bitch
                Senior Member
                Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 04-24-2021, 12:37 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by everything bagel View Post
                  Politics like the national anthem?
                  The national anthem unifies us as a country.

                  Sporting events are a celebration different creeds, ethnicities, religions, social classes, friends, co-workers, classmates, and family members coming together for an arena event. And celebrate what it means to be American. It's a beautiful thing.

                  Sporting events are supposed to be free of political controversy. Anthem kneelers do nothing but divide the audience and stew hate for the country that gave them the opportunity to make a lucrative career playing ball. Fuck those anthem kneeling entitled pricks.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    6-eyed
                    Shit Disturber
                    6-eyed wants to avoid any controversy in international sport events because it might divide people. So cute, wether he means it or not :P

                    Yeah... international sport events always have a political connotation actually. Sometimes athletes and even whole teams do not participate out of protest

                    There have been some weak messages to protest how the WC stadions have been build in Quatar as well, imo other countries should have said fuck this shit. We're not going

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post
                      6-eyed
                      Shit Disturber
                      6-eyed wants to avoid any controversy in international sport events because it might divide people. So cute, wether he means it or not :P

                      Yeah... international sport events always have a political connotation actually. Sometimes athletes and even whole teams do not participate out of protest

                      There have been some weak messages to protest how the WC stadions have been build in Quatar as well, imo other countries should have said fuck this shit. We're not going
                      International sports are a great way to see which country is better than the other, without going to war.

                      If the political connotation of 2 different nations playing ball is an athletic competition. I’m all for it.

                      Protesting a country by not showing up is still better than showing up and doing some disrespectful grandstanding.

                      Comment


                      • Beach Ball Bitch
                        Beach Ball Bitch
                        Senior Member
                        Beach Ball Bitch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The left wants to destroy competitive sports too. So it will cease to exist under them eventually, with all this woke bs.

                      #12
                      It concerns me how so many Americans see other Americans practicing their 1st amendment rights as unAmerican

                      Kneeling during the national anthem is one of the most American things you can do. How do you "more American than anybody" people not get this?

                      Comment


                      • everything bagel
                        everything bagel
                        What am I?
                        everything bagel commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Beach Ball Bitch
                        Senior Member
                        Beach Ball Bitch why do you continue to do this? I never said any of that. And you know that. And other users here are seeing through your bullshit.

                        Just stop embarrassing yourself.

                      • 6-eyed
                        6-eyed
                        Shit Disturber
                        6-eyed commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nobody is forcing the athletes NOT to take a knee. They just risk getting fined, or getting culled from the playing field if they decide to do it. They gotta figure out whether taking a knee or playing sport is the higher priority.

                      • Beach Ball Bitch
                        Beach Ball Bitch
                        Senior Member
                        Beach Ball Bitch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bagel puts on the lying tarnished halo.

                      #13
                      Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post

                      Protesting a country by not showing up is still better than showing up and doing some disrespectful grandstanding.
                      That's just your opinion. But sometimes it is better to not show up indeed, ideally collectively in an example like Quatar. Not gonna happen unfortunately

                      In the case of highlighting institutional racism in a nation during national competition, an action like kneeling makes more sense. I would not do that at an international competition game to highlight a national issue of your own country, but if its an international issue or an issue that involves human rights and targets the competition, its organizers or another team I am not blatantly against that at all.

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post

                        The national anthem unifies us as a country.

                        Sporting events are a celebration different creeds, ethnicities, religions, social classes, friends, co-workers, classmates, and family members coming together for an arena event. And celebrate what it means to be American. It's a beautiful thing.

                        Sporting events are supposed to be free of political controversy. Anthem kneelers do nothing but divide the audience and stew hate for the country that gave them the opportunity to make a lucrative career playing ball. Fuck those anthem kneeling entitled pricks.
                        I don't understand how sports are American. I'm pretty sure other countries have sports. Sports can't be about what it means to be an American and also what it means to be every other country on Earth.

                        Maybe sports celebrate something positive about it means to be human?

                        When people gather at a sporting event, they are all individuals with their own opinions, so they are theoretically already divided. And what's more American than aggressive political division?

                        It's also interesting that all of your threads are politically devise and purposefully provocative. It's doesn't follow that you would want to limit free speech in any way.

                        Comment


                          #15
                          It would be odd to see a bunch of olympic athletes protesting the countries in which they have gone to represent.

                          Historically, there have been political undertones to certain olympics, however, as far I know, it's almost been exclusively towards other countries such as Jesse Owens winning Gold Medals in Hitler's Germany, the US Hockey team defeating the Russians amidst the Cold War, etc.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X