There is famine in Ethiopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is famine in Ethiopia

Up to two million people face starvation and death in the coming weeks. There are several vaccines available; flour, rice, fish

Click image for larger version

Name:	_118893609_tigray_food_emergency_2x640-nc-007.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	146733
    Aid workers are still unable to reach large parts of Ethiopia’s Tigray region because of the war there.

how painfully depressing. I can't understand how people still want to have wars. I just don't know where to even start thinking about this.

What is anyone meant to do.

Comment

Where's Bob Geldof ?

Comment

Originally posted by mallyboppa View Post
        Where's Bob Geldof ?
        Think you are going to get another We are the World type thing from popstars wanting to raise money for third world nations that don't really care about the vaccine

There was talk about it a couple weeks ago, Beck's was one involved. I couldn't be bothered googling for a link though, might not happen

Comment

• mallyboppa
          mallyboppa commented
          Editing a comment
          Live aid Achieved nothing (at least for the starving people in Ethiopia ! ) it lined the pockets of a few warlords and corrupt politicians and it made a few people feel holy why go through all that again ??

Originally posted by Jessica View Post
        how painfully depressing. I can't understand how people still want to have wars. I just don't know where to even start thinking about this.

What is anyone meant to do.
        It often only takes one side that feels the need for it, then the other side have to react wether they want to or not :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
          Up to two million people face starvation and death in the coming weeks. There are several vaccines available; flour, rice, fish

Just as funny as your Auschwitz comparison to a one week lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

Just as funny as your Auschwitz comparison to a one week lockdown.
            Why do you need to lie for?

How did I compare a train trip to Auschwitz to a one week lockdown?

You're the one that said something dumb in the first place

Comment

You made that remark about Auschwitz in response to me pointing out it was only a one week lockdown. Like that train ride also only lasted 1 week or something.
              What am I lying about?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5d54qg[1].jpg
Views:	41
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	147061

Comment

I imagine that there not being enough food for the masses means that people will starve and die. I guess the UN wants money to feed people yet at the same time save none....and to demand from other countries where economies are struggling and ppl are losing their homes... where cities burn and crime is at a high.. where do you think that the relief will come from?

i simply don’t care about Ethiopia’s plight.

Comment

I could be more callous if it were a drought or plague, crop failure.. i could say this was nature.
                    but this is stupid humans being stupid humans.
                    war is un-evolved, chimp behaviour.

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
                      Beach Ball Bitch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ethiopia has a long history of draught and feminine, war or not... they were blaming climate change on it 4 years ago. Etheopia is a dry play and crops never do well.

• Jessica
                      Jessica commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Beach Ball Bitch yes, but this famine is NOT to do with drought or crop failure. Also, from wikipedia:

Ethiopia has great agricultural potential because of its vast areas of fertile land, diverse climate, generally adequate rainfall, and large labor pool. Despite this potential, however, Ethiopian agriculture has remained underdeveloped. Because of drought, which has repeatedly affected the country since the early 1970s, a poor economic base (low productivity, weak infrastructure, and low level of technology), and overpopulation, the agricultural sector has performed poorly.

"vast areas of fertile land" seems to contradict what you're saying. If all the human energy being put into war was put into building a better world, the world would be better.

Jessica There is drought and what not.
                    Humanitarian situation reports, response plans, news, analyses, evaluations, assessments, maps, infographics and more on Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2021

Comment

Working...
                    X