Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hospital Worker Fired Over Video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hospital Worker Fired Over Video

    A staff member at a Paducah hospital was fired for a video she posted on Facebook. In the video she expressed her non-support of Black Lives Matter. "See, I'm a white woman and I'm proud to be a white woman, and I'm not going to ask for forgiveness for something that my ancestors did, that I didn't. I didn't own slaves, you've never been a slave. You don't need reparations from me. You don't need me to bow down and kiss your feet and ask forgiveness. You can kiss my ____", she says.

    I am not going to look for the video link as I don't care to log onto Facebook, but it's probably on YouTube.

    http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News...-on-Staff.aspx

    #2
    I think all this "going for their job" bullshit needs to stop. If we get into this kind of mode, where anyone who is butt hurt can literally destroy the offender's career, our economy will collapse. Because you cannot fire your way to peace any more than you can fire your way to a profit.

    While I understand the woman's frustration, it really does get rather old being assumed to be a "racist" just because you are white, I think her choice of medium for expression was moronic. Taking a public position as she did was asking for trouble. And she got it, her entire family is getting death threats. Seriously, death threats over her opinion. THAT is where this jumps the shark.

    I am certain the death threats are just coming from assholes trying to LARP the situation for Lolz. But consider how many people are arming up right now because they see this bullshit building, not subsiding. The people pushing for a "race war" at this point aren't the Nazis and supremacists, it's BLM and their ilk. Such an event would lead the vastly outnumbered black militants into a meat grinder. The US has lots of experience with doing that.

    I smell a setup.

    Comment


      #3
      But people aren't being assumed racist just because they white.

      I read something addressing this the other day... Basically saying that obviously black people understand that not all white people are racist.. They are addressing a racist system and that those who aren't racist accept this because they know they are not being addressed personally.

      ​​​​​​Personally, I don't feel addressed, offended, guilty, upset.. I understand what they're angry about. I know I'm not who they're talking to.

      I'm not saying it's always true, but the thinking is if you feel personally addressed, you probably are racist to some degree.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by J Ruth View Post
        But people aren't being assumed racist just because they white.

        I read something addressing this the other day... Basically saying that obviously black people understand that not all white people are racist.. They are addressing a racist system and that those who aren't racist accept this because they know they are not being addressed personally.

        ​​​​​​Personally, I don't feel addressed, offended, guilty, upset.. I understand what they're angry about. I know I'm not who they're talking to.

        I'm not saying it's always true, but the thinking is if you feel personally addressed, you probably are racist to some degree.
        I think racism has become a seriously over-used term. That's why I take exception to it. I saw plenty of genuine racism growing up and never cared for it. But my color literally says otherwise in today's climate. I'm often told this is my imagination and that I must be suffering from guilt or some other kind of malady to reach such a conclusion.

        But I'm watching all of this unfold in the media. BLM is even taking their case to the UK where police kill very few people and the black citizens have seen only 9 police killings of black people and something like 2 of those were questionable. And that's over 10 years. In the UK a white man is 25 times more likely to die in police custody than a black man.

        And yet, they're over there now trying to sell Jim Crow and segregation as a British problem as well. Only it isn't.

        I have said before that all but 3 people who took advantage of me or impinged on my career over the years were white. But see, that's the case for just about everyone in the US because the population is predominantly white and because the bulk of the wealth and power are in the hands of white Americans (and a few Chinese warlords). And wealthy, powerful people don't share this with anyone. Not even on the basis of color.

        That's why all this anti-white rhetoric is so short sighted. Most of the poor and impoverished people in the US are white, in real numbers. It has been this way since the country was formed. The systemic bullshit lands on everyone's plate, not just the black folks. There are no laws that codify restrictions on people by race in the US. So the "system" people are grousing about is what corporations have brought about, not the government.

        Why is nobody marching and protesting in Silicon Valley? Because they are after the "easy" targets; cities run by hapless far left puppets.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by J Ruth View Post
          But people aren't being assumed racist just because they white.
          not all the time, but it definitely does happen.


          anyway, there is a similar local news story here. like dice, i'm not about to go looking for the exact quotes, but there's some local business owner who went on facebook and said some seriously racist shit. like, i don't think he said "nigger" but he was probably about one step short of that. he didn't get fired, since he owned the business, but every other business who contracted with him pulled out within a couple days and as far as i know his company is pretty much defunct now. which is kind of great, but also kind of shitty because i guess he had a bunch of employees who were not horrendous assholes and just worked for one.

          Comment


            #6
            It's quite bizarre that a few years ago, many people were calling for Black Lives Matter to be labelled a domestic terrorist group and now many people revere them.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
              It's quite bizarre that a few years ago, many people were calling for Black Lives Matter to be labelled a domestic terrorist group and now many people revere them.
              I don't think those calls went away. While the latest news is about declaring antifa in the same manner, the push against BLM has not subsided. BLM, to their credit, has split into two very distinct and different factions. The militant side is building resources and getting a lot of money thrown at them (BLM UK is using crowd sourcing and has raised over a million BPS so far). The peaceful delegation is pushing the moral message without much resistance. Ultimately it is the moral message that has to win. And that will take introspection as well as the "raising awareness" campaigns.

              The government knows it won't make a dent in the moral issue since it is being blamed for most of this as being the creation of white racism from the beginning. So all they can do is arm up and get ready to face the courts when all the dust settles and the bodies have been hauled off.

              Or, the government can lay down arms, capitulate to the mobs, and go home to defend their own families. Only the ones with armed compounds will survive.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by J Ruth View Post
                But people aren't being assumed racist just because they white.

                I read something addressing this the other day... Basically saying that obviously black people understand that not all white people are racist.. They are addressing a racist system and that those who aren't racist accept this because they know they are not being addressed personally.

                ​​​​​​Personally, I don't feel addressed, offended, guilty, upset.. I understand what they're angry about. I know I'm not who they're talking to.

                I'm not saying it's always true, but the thinking is if you feel personally addressed, you probably are racist to some degree.
                The woman in the OP was seemingly focussing on the wrong aspects if she thinks its really about bowing down to kiss their feet and asking for forgiveness. The majority and reasonable part of BLM does not ask or crave such things? The only way she would make sense here if she was personally confronted with such requests by black people I guess. Very sad and unfortunate if she got fired for such a mistake though. And even if it wasn't a mistake but her real opinion.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

                  The woman in the OP was seemingly focussing on the wrong aspects if she thinks its really about bowing down to kiss their feet and asking for forgiveness. The majority and reasonable part of BLM does not ask or crave such things? The only way she would make sense here if she was personally confronted with such requests by black people I guess. Very sad and unfortunate if she got fired for such a mistake though. And even if it wasn't a mistake but her real opinion.
                  The CEO says white people should be shining the shoes of black people. He claims to be a Christian, but that sort of position is anything BUT Christian. REAL Christians don't take advantage of people. Fake ones use the bible as a weapon, a tool for passing judgement.

                  In the CHAZ the call went out that every white person was to give $10 to a black person. What happened next was that when all the white people had done this, it wasn't enough. Fights broke out as several people made repeat trips to the well. When the donor claimed they had already given, they were threatened. I'd call that a failed experiment in useless social "justice". It only laid the worst parts of the effort bare.

                  If you aren't seeing examples of this, modify your search parameter to something more obvious like "all white people are racists" or "white people owe everything" or "white people are born racist". Simple searches like that will reveal the simple minds pushing this stupidity.

                  BLM wrote a demand list a couple of years ago that was very specific.

                  1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

                  2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

                  3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

                  4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

                  5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

                  6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

                  7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.

                  8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

                  9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.

                  10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.



                  With a list like this, it's a good thing that black people can't be racists! But I sure read a LOT of hate in this list. It's ok to hate people for being white apparently. I personally think that is quite lame. I've been around the world and treated everyone with respect no matter what color they were. I don't obsess over shit like that.

                  But of course, that's a product of my color privilege I'm often told. I'm on easy street, in the lap of luxury, because I'm white. It's amazing. It could also be that I decided to quit being a junkie and make my own way in life. But, maybe rehab is racist too. The torture never stops!

                  Comment


                  • Din Djarin
                    Din Djarin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol The hate is read into it. Your consequent focus on the remark by some that black people can't be racist is redundant and not adding shit anymore because of that.
                    I agree though that some of those demands are quite a stretch, but they also seem like suggestions/things to consider. Which seems fair enough.

                  • WritersPanic
                    WritersPanic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The hate is read into it? What does that even mean? Are you suggesting that I'm creating the hate by reading their list?

                    I agree, there are a few points worth considering. They are not entirely obscured by all the hate, bigotry and abject racism in this list of demands. But it does impact the delivery of this wish list. I recall when I first saw it that it seemed more likely it was written by the KKK in an effort to frame BLM. But it wasn't. All the ignorance, poor language skills and concerns about "lil dick white men" and getting "they ass fired" doesn't paint the picture of someone who wants to have a rational, informed discussion.

                    It's just an ignorant rant. And yet, I seem to be hearing a version of it nearly daily now. If this country really was a racist-run hell hole, we would not be having discussion on the matter.

                  • Din Djarin
                    Din Djarin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm saying you spot hate in there that isn't clearly there.

                  #10
                  If this country really was a racist-run hell hole, we would not be having discussion on the matter.
                  Uhm, this is flawed logic. If it would be 50/50 the country would both be tremendously racist AND have a big amount of people who could be vocal about it.
                  Besides, we both know the discussion is still needed because a lot of people weren't able or willing to take it seriously earlier. And even now a lot of people are not discussing these concerns constructively.
                  It's a fact black people are on average at a disadvantage in our countries.

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

                    Uhm, this is flawed logic. If it would be 50/50 the country would both be tremendously racist AND have a big amount of people who could be vocal about it.
                    Besides, we both know the discussion is still needed because a lot of people weren't able or willing to take it seriously earlier. And even now a lot of people are not discussing these concerns constructively.
                    It's a fact black people are on average at a disadvantage in our countries.
                    Everybody BUT wealthy people are at a disadvantage in the US. Race is not the scapegoat for all of America's ills.

                    I've been dealing with racism my entire life. My grandfather used to sell beer and ran afoul of the KKK, for selling beer to black clubs. He had to carry a blackjack for years and eventually a pistol because they'd try to ambush him for being a N*****-lover. I was raised Catholic, so racism was never practiced in my house. I'm not saying there are no racist Catholics, I argue with them once in a while. Only that my family and most of the parish didn't practice it.

                    I've been to Africa 3 different times to teach people how to run a water treatment plant that was mounted on a trailer. Nobody there seemed concerned about my race, until I got back to America and landed in Atlanta. I saw slaves while I was there in 2014, they were making bricks. I never hear any concern for them in America, at any level. I hear more people griping about white Zimbabwe farmers when it comes to racial discord in Africa. It's all so backward here.

                    I'm expected to feel sorry for black crooks who get shot by the cops when I don't feel sorry for white crooks who get shot by the cops. And I'm speaking to the crooks and the morons who fight with cops. I do not feel sorry for them. If I did that, I'd expect to wake up in intensive care, or just dead. So I don't pick fights with cops. And really, who gives a crap about any white person shot by the cops? Who?

                    Comment


                      #12
                      I heard some sound clips from an interview with Professor Thomas Sowell the other day which were interesting. He had a number of points but some of the ones I remember regarding racism and economic disparity were:
                      • Sowell conducted a study where he had students rank a series of scenarios where they felt disrespected on a daily basis. The findings were that black and white students reported roughly an equal amount of disrespect on a daily basis but as where the white students attributed the disrespect to any number of what we might call "innocuous" reasons, black students overwhelmingly attributed the disrespect to stemming from racism. This would seem to align with a phrase I've heard recently called "Racism of the Gaps" a twist on the phrase "God of the Gaps", suggesting that people who maintain that America is inherently racist go looking for reasons to explain any sort of disrespect or disparity that they see within their lives and society as being the result of racism.
                      • Stats in economic disparities sometimes are misleading. There are some cities in the US which have a high concentration of black people that are in states which don't pay as much as cities in other states. As an example, a construction worker in a Mississippi city might not have the same level of income as a construction worker in a Conneticut city.
                      • Blacks have a lower percentage of two income households. There could be a scenario where a single black mother technically makes more than either of a white couple, but the white couple with combined earned incomes is going to be higher than the single black mother.

                      Granted based on some brief research Sowell is a conservative but I did find it interesting to hear his findings and perspectives.

                      Comment


                      • WritersPanic
                        WritersPanic commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sowell is routinely labeled an "Uncle Tom" (by hateful morons who didn't bother to read the book). He threatens the endless paradigm of a "racist" America. If racism was ever reconciled, a LOT of people would be out of work. It has morphed into an industry. There are people on payrolls of foundations and charities that push racism for a living. It has been mechanized and polarized. We even have human beings suggesting that they can't possibly BE a racist, because of their color. Until that lie can be reconciled, what progress is possible? It's the ultimate goal post move.

                      #13
                      Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
                      I heard some sound clips from an interview with Professor Thomas Sowell the other day which were interesting. He had a number of points but some of the ones I remember regarding racism and economic disparity were:
                      • Sowell conducted a study where he had students rank a series of scenarios where they felt disrespected on a daily basis. The findings were that black and white students reported roughly an equal amount of disrespect on a daily basis but as where the white students attributed the disrespect to any number of what we might call "innocuous" reasons, black students overwhelmingly attributed the disrespect to stemming from racism. This would seem to align with a phrase I've heard recently called "Racism of the Gaps" a twist on the phrase "God of the Gaps", suggesting that people who maintain that America is inherently racist go looking for reasons to explain any sort of disrespect or disparity that they see within their lives and society as being the result of racism.
                      • Stats in economic disparities sometimes are misleading. There are some cities in the US which have a high concentration of black people that are in states which don't pay as much as cities in other states. As an example, a construction worker in a Mississippi city might not have the same level of income as a construction worker in a Conneticut city.
                      • Blacks have a lower percentage of two income households. There could be a scenario where a single black mother technically makes more than either of a white couple, but the white couple with combined earned incomes is going to be higher than the single black mother.

                      Granted based on some brief research Sowell is a conservative but I did find it interesting to hear his findings and perspectives.
                      Economic disparities exist because disparities exist in all aspects of life. Aside from two incomes in a household, which is essential if you have children, how you invest in a household can make a big difference. Another is how you manage the working hours when there are 2 earners. For example, my wife went into healthcare, so a good portion of her career she worked nights and I worked days in an effort to keep our kid out of daycare. We also didn't buy a massive, expensive house. Our newest vehicle is a 2009.

                      Contrast that with my brother and his wife. She's a lazy slug who only leaves the house to spend money. My brother is an "artist" who makes really good money doing sound for commercials and video edits for movie trailers for Hollywood and Y'ally-Wood (Georgia studios). So he's gone from the house unless he's sleeping. That's because he has to get as much footage laid out as possible to afford the McMansion payments and still be able to get enough gas to get to work. He drives a leased Cadillac. They can't afford a pizza on Friday night. His cholesterol is weirdly high, but he has a thing for fried Spam, so he's wondering what could be causing it. They have no kids yet (thankfully).

                      My brother is a decade younger, but we're similarly educated. And for the last 4 years he has made more money than me. His choices are different from mine. And yet, he does not disparage me for paying off all my debts and banking enough to fly anywhere I want (baggage class of course). He and I don't compare which of us Dad took the best care of because he was equally useless for both of us. We didn't inherit shit. Both of us left home as teenagers and made our own way. He even lived with me for a year along the way. And he was terrible about paying his share of anything. For me retirement is going to be lame because my wife will be working another decade from that point. And we don't have a lake.

                      Neither one of us is on easy street. But we both have to endure assholes pushing their theoretical "privilege" nonsense onto us. Because of our color. I live in Atlanta and he lives in LA and we both hear this same shit. Because of our color. And both of us have mixed race wives. Yet somehow, we're only a red pussy hair from being in the KKK. It's nauseating how fucking stupid it is and terrifying how hostile the place is where this shit originates.

                      Comment


                        #14
                        when there are so many clear examples of racism, can you blame black people for feeling that any disrespect is due to their skin colour?
                        if we didn't have the actual racism, the things which are attributed to racism when they actually aren't wouldn't happen.
                        it seems pointless to argue that various disrespects are actually not racism... it ignores that those misconceptions happen because of the presence of very real and obvious racism.

                        Comment


                          #15
                          Originally posted by J Ruth View Post
                          when there are so many clear examples of racism, can you blame black people for feeling that any disrespect is due to their skin colour?
                          if we didn't have the actual racism, the things which are attributed to racism when they actually aren't wouldn't happen.
                          it seems pointless to argue that various disrespects are actually not racism... it ignores that those misconceptions happen because of the presence of very real and obvious racism.
                          It's a two-way street, it really is. I don't discriminate against anyone for the color of their skin, it's never been part of me. However, when I speak of the discrimination I have faced for just being "white", I'm laughed out of town. Why IS that?

                          Simple really. Because some kinds of hate are acceptable, even encouraged. And while we as a nation keep encouraging that hatred, a lot of people are trying to rise above it. After all, slavery was a game the extreme wealthy played back when it was legal. Most Americans had nothing to do with it.

                          But today I'm supposed to accept my part, in something that happened 150 years ago? That really does make no sense at all. I was born in the early 60s, so hanging Jim Crow around my neck is to assign hate onto a baby. But since the very way racism is defined seems to be a moving target, maybe we'll start putting today's babies on trial for racism. After all, it would be a way to get ahead of things.

                          What I see today is a need to blame people for shit that other people did, who only share their skin color in common. Racism in any direction is wrong. And I have always spoken out against it. Always. Too often I see the claim that denying I'm a natural-born racist for being born white, means I'm a racist.

                          The logic you are using on me is the same shit that Balbus and his cheerleaders tried to attach to me. So is that what's next here? If I don't think like the collective I'm out? What ARE the odds?

                          Comment


                          • WritersPanic
                            WritersPanic commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Another thing I avoid is the weird need to attach blame to things I can't control.
                        Working...
                        X