Israel versus Hamas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israel versus Hamas.

Okay so I’m a Republican supporter and I have no sympathy for terrorists whatever their cause.

However I am a believer in what’s right is right. What is going on in Palestine right now is, as my late dad used to say, “sticking a crooked stick up a straight man’s ass.”

In my opinion Palestine was given to the Jewish people (not yet a nation), simply because the Allies were so ashamed about their lack of action against Hitler and the Holocaust that they had to do this.

What is going on at the moment in Gaza is indefensible. Okay so Hamas are firing rockets into Israel but the Israeli response is totally over the top. They claim they are targeting Hamas buildings but if they know which buildings in Gaza house Hamas, then surely it would save hundreds of civilian lives if the IDF simply went into Gaza and took out these places. Don’t tell me they don’t have the ability to do this because they have and always did.

The IDF backed by a Prime Minister who shouldn’t even be in power are slaughtering Palestinian men, women and children in an attempt to keep Benjamin Netanyahu as Prime Minister.

"The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

I agree with your assessment. What Israel is doing amounts to ethnic cleansing.

Comment

I don't know what's going on at all. But violence is always just stupid. It's the 21st century and we good people are still dealing with crazy nutbags. We gotta cancel these people. Absolutely no good reason for fighting. And I call on all warriors to drop their weapons. We don't want this...no one wants it, except the megalomaniacs, so why do it.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	kflg3ki6m4z61[1].jpg
Views:	70
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	137818

Comment

Israel doesn't want peace, never has. That would mean an end to their endless building of settlements in disputed territory, something the fundies over there just love doing. We'll keep sending them money and weapons, though. Because Jebus is about to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dax View Post
              In my opinion Palestine was given to the Jewish people (not yet a nation), simply because the Allies were so [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]ashamed about their lack of action against Hitler and the Holocaust that they had to do this.
              not that simple ...by a long shot

Comment

Considering the number of rockets, basically unguided missiles, this plan was made a long time ago, probably a year to 18 months. So it's a premeditated, "no-knock" attack. How would the US react if the Mexican cartels started rocket attacks on El Paso, San Diego, Laredo and Brownsville?

The problem is one of proxy where Hamas is concerned. Their mission is pretty simple. But does it really represent the best interests of the Palestinians? Not from what I've seen. And I've been aware of this since the 70s. I've never had a straight answer about the lack of diplomatic efforts by the rest of the Muslim nations for both Palestinian statehood and international support/aid.

As for Israel, who is shocked? Hamas gave them every excuse they could possibly need on a silver platter. And Israel is famous for allowing field commands to operate with virtual autonomy, same as the Soviets. This leads to abuses that are unlinked from the seat of government. If it's really bad, they make a big deal about the rogue commander/troops. It's SUCH an old fucking game.

Did anyone think that Israel was obliged to sit back and watch hundreds of explosives go off around them? Are they expected to plan a retaliation with only "proportional" weaponry? Where has that ever been applied in any conflict? When your enemy has attacked, you are obligated to defeat them to the point they cannot come back at you for a long time.

We are in an age where a single hacker can bring down a nation's infrastructure. Which will lead directly to mass death. Proportion is not at all what it used to be.

Comment

I on the other hand am surprised humans don't kill each other more

So, whatever

Comment

• WritersPanic
                    WritersPanic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Only because we don't taste as good as pork!

• Undies
                    Undies commented
                    Editing a comment
                    WritersPanic should we be concerned that you know this?

• WritersPanic
                    WritersPanic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm sorry I do, but it's from anthropological research, not my own experience.

Then again, almost 500 rockets fired by Hamas

That's hardly as one sided as many are trying to make out

Israel’s much-vaunted Iron Dome missile defence system is intercepting a barrage of rockets fired by Hamas and other Palestinian militants from Gaza as bloody clashes escalate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
                    I on the other hand am surprised humans don't kill each other more

So, whatever
                    My guess is nuclear deterents. The most peaceful period in human history has been 1945-present

Comment

Personally I don't know why the USA have such a hard on for Israel unless its because of the reason I gave in my opening post. Okay so we all know that their are many wealthy Jewish Americans who contribute vast sums of money to whoever seems likely to win the presidential election at any given time. Not to mention Hollywood.

But why does the IDF continue to kill men, women and children in Gaza instead of just taking out the people who are firing rockets at them. Don't tell me they can't do this and don't tell me that women and children in Gaza are being killed becos Hamas uses them as shields. That is total bullshit. Israelis have state of the art weaponry supplied by the USA and state of the art bomb shelters. Palestinians mostly have rocks, stones and slings and not much else to fight with. Their buildings and homes are targeted simply becos they are in Gaza and not becos the Israelis are targeting Hamas.

Maybe its time for Palestine to be divided in half so that Israel has a country and so do the Palestinians. The only reason that Jews have a claim to Israel is becos of what is written in the Old Testament in a work of fiction called the bible. There are more Arab people in the Middle East than Jewish people. So perhaps the USA should be a Jewish homeland ... they already have far more influence there than the should have.
                      "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

Comment

Israel deliberately bombed the AP building in Gaza. It's almost like they want to keep something quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by everything bagel View Post
                          Israel deliberately bombed the AP building in Gaza. It's almost like they want to keep something quiet.
                          Holy shit!

I wonder if western nations will finally take a stand against them now that they are targeting journalists

Probably not.

Comment

wow ...there seriously needs to be an investigation as to why israel didnt pre-inform some armchair american diplomats as to why they send each bomb to each target

this is an outrage

Comment

Working...
                            X