Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for democrats

Namely American democrats

Are there any officials within your party you absolutely despise? As in someone you’d ever support or vote for, even if it meant voting against a republican?

If yes, who are they?
    If no, why not?

Because the republican party is so full of snakes I’d never support, I cannot call myself a republican.

I dont consider myself a Democrat or. Republican, but I did support Yang and Gabbard last election. Those 2 were moderates while everyone else was like extreme left. Biden I guess is a moderate too, but he's like your grandfather's politician.

And I would consider Trump extreme right which I wouldn't vote for either.

I think I'm done voting beyond the local level. Anything bigger than a mayor doesn't really affect my life anyway

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
      Because the republican party is so full of snakes I’d never support, I cannot call myself a republican.
      I can't call myself anything, because this describes both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post

I can't call myself anything, because this describes both parties.
        Clerk at Flamingo Hotel: Can I call you a cab?

Police Chief: [screaming] Sure, and I'll call you a cocksucker!

Comment

Do other countries also have a Democrat party? Since you mention its about american democrats. But I haven't heard of any other..

Anyway, I don't think any people on here who have voted democrat identify as Democrat. They might identify politically as liberal or left leaning, but all seem to wish they had something else to vote on :P If there were more meaningful political parties hardly any liberal American here would have voted Democrat and for Biden.

Basically for similar reasons you can't call yourself a Republican, OP You guys (both right and left leaning Americans) are seriously suffering from a lack of proper choice. The two party system might have worked well in the past, but clearly not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post
            The two party system might have worked well in the past, but clearly not anymore.
            unfortunately, it still works great for the two parties, which is why they work so hard to make it impossible for any alternatives to ever have a chance.

Comment

If enough american citizens figure that out and want to change it, it should be doable.

Comment

If enough american citizens figure that out and want to change it, it should be doable.
                Not when half the electorate believes shit like pizza-gate, the ghost of Hugo Chavez rigging the presidential election, 9/11 was carried out by Jews, etc. Don't underestimate how stupid Americans are, Asmo. And they plan on staying that way. They actively hate education.

Comment

If enough citizens want to change the two party system and act upon that want they could.
                  I guess not enough act upon it, maybe for a large part because they think they can't. Which is understandable, but the citizens/working class has managed to change things in society and politics in the past, by uniting on such matters. They can giganticly disagree on other stuff, it doesn't have to matter.
                  The polarisation is of course not helping.

Comment

If enough citizens want to change the two party system and act upon that want they could.
                    I guess not enough act upon it, maybe for a large part because they think they can't. Which is understandable, but the citizens/working class has managed to change things in society and politics in the past, by uniting on such matters. They can giganticly disagree on other stuff, it doesn't have to matter.
                    The polarisation is of course not helping.
                    The biggest challenge as far as the voters go is the perception that voting for a 3rd party candidate is a waste of their vote. The way I see it is that the Ds and Rs have totally failed the country. Voting for either of these and expecting things to improve is insane. That's the waste of your vote.

But whatevs.

Comment

Working...
                    X