Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Democrats create panel to Gauge Presidents capacity

WritersPanic

remember I said that they would look to replace Biden on that other forum? That something big would happen to get rid of biden as the president leader of the demo party?

and here is the Democrats plan.

Democrats unveil bill creating panel to gauge president's 'capacity'

so vote for biden and the panel gets rid of him. Perhaps republican ones too. Pelosi is a nightmare,

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...dents-capacity

Her mental capacity should be checked in my opinion.

good morning, Sunday morning!

for political debate purposes, good idea or bad, and why?

Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 10-09-2020, 08:18 PM.

it's been made abundantly clear that the general public prefers to electing drooling vegetables rather than anyone who might attempt to improve the country in any way. why does congress think they should be able to override the public's decision now?

in a less retarded country, it might make sense to have a system in place in case something happens to a president who has already been elected, but it would have to be set up in such a way as to legitimately do what it is supposed to do, whereas everyone knows that if it were created now it would just be used every four years for the opposite party of whoever is president to pull a publicity stunt and avoid doing any actual congress work.

Comment

Undies

Just for some comic relief. Pelosi is not one to judge on this one

pelosi two weeks ago in an interview with ABC

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post
        it's been made abundantly clear that the general public prefers to electing drooling vegetables rather than anyone who might attempt to improve the country in any way. why does congress think they should be able to override the public's decision now?

in a less retarded country, it might make sense to have a system in place in case something happens to a president who has already been elected, but it would have to be set up in such a way as to legitimately do what it is supposed to do, whereas everyone knows that if it were created now it would just be used every four years for the opposite party of whoever is president to pull a publicity stunt and avoid doing any actual congress work.
        Isn't that what the 25th amendment is? The vice president and a certain number of cabinet ministers can judge the president as unfit for office, and it has to get approved by one or both houses of congress (can't remember exactly).

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
          Beach Ball Bitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Well apparently this assembly, judges, Congress can decide that the president needs psych evaluations and the president can refuse but this will be taken into consideration. It sounds really creepy to me, personally.

I think pelosi is pushing for this because if biden wins she will get biden out. If trump wins she will get him out. Racism is now a mental illness in the USA 8believe? Accusations can do it I guess.

Considering too that Kamala Harris changed laws that put parents in jail for children skipping school... changed laws so she could do this. Everyone knows that should biden win Harris will be running things.
          Last edited by Beach Ball Bitch; 10-10-2020, 12:16 AM.

• Dr. Doom
          Dr. Doom commented
          Editing a comment
          Quote- Everyone knows that should biden win Harris will be running things.

And ..that.. is scary as F'n Hell !!
          Last edited by Dr. Doom; 10-10-2020, 08:07 PM.

Originally posted by eggsprog View Post

Isn't that what the 25th amendment is? The vice president and a certain number of cabinet ministers can judge the president as unfit for office, and it has to get approved by one or both houses of congress (can't remember exactly).
        it's weird how the canadians here all seem to know more about US politics than i do.

from what i just googled, the 25th amendment spells out the succession plan if the president dies or resigns. then it goes on and on and some of that going on may very well include stipulations for declaring a president as incompetent or whatever.

of course, the democrats would know that that can't work now, since at least one house (the senate i think?) is republican and would take trump's side literally no matter what he did. the whole thing is obviously just an attack and not meant to actually accomplish anything other than trolling, which is all politicians do anymore anyway.

Comment

• Dr. Doom
          Dr. Doom commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm betting the Canadians hear more truth in their news than America does!

Darkness filled my heart when I read the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Ball Bitch View Post
          Undies

Just for some comic relief. Pelosi is not one to judge on this one

pelosi two weeks ago in an interview with ABC
          When I saw this it seemed like they were having an off the record conversation and then she realized they were live and started over so the previous part could be removed in editing. More of her crafty shit. She isn't in that seat for nothing. She's a political machine.

Comment

WritersPanic

it was halfway through though and I believe it was live as well.... streamed live. I also notice that she seems to have a little Bell’s palsy on one side of her face. I wonder if she has had a few strokes or something. Not sure if others have noticed?

she reminded me of a stepford wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Ball Bitch View Post
              WritersPanic

it was halfway through though and I believe it was live as well.... streamed live. I also notice that she seems to have a little Bell’s palsy on one side of her face. I wonder if she has had a few strokes or something. Not sure if others have noticed?

she reminded me of a stepford wife.
              I think it's all by design. Nan has also had a lot of Botox as well as plastic surgery (an archaic term used intentionally to illustrate just how long she has been at this game). So unless she goes full Ron Paul on a live stream, I'm not inclined to buy into any of this age-related theater the democrats seem to be playing.

I think Joe is just as sharp as he always was, but he's also morphing into the sort of crotchety old codger who waves his fist into the air whilst cursing whipper-snappers. His quick, irrational temper is something to be reckoned with though. He snaps like a viper when you hit a soft spot. And Joe has a half century of soft spots. He has low-profiled most of his political career.

Think about it, until Biden met Obama, he lived on his government paycheck and some shrewd investing. But he was barely ever a millionaire. That all changed in 2008.

Comment

Nancy is the target cause she's the Democrat with the most power. The radical right will disparage anyone who points out what crooks they are. It's good to know they're taking Trump's utter ineptitude seriously. Four more years and this country will collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by neonspectraltoast View Post
                  Nancy is the target cause she's the Democrat with the most power. The radical right will disparage anyone who points out what crooks they are. It's good to know they're taking Trump's utter ineptitude seriously. Four more years and this country will collapse.
                  For an increasing number of Americans, the country has already collapsed. Or it is currently collapsing and they're in that cornered squirrel oscillation. Jump off and strive for self-sufficiency. Or dive back into the job market and try to fatten your 401K for another decade. Most are somewhere between those extremes.

I have family in LA. Every overpass is a tent city condo, some even use scaffolding to get more levels. It's incredible. But it can't be sustained. For them, the overpass is both protection from rain and a constant reminder that the people zooming by overhead are getting on with their lives. While you languish.

Check out this film:
                  https://mubi.com/films/two-plains-a-fancy/trailer

It was shot on 16mm film and portrays an 1893 encounter with time travelers, or something like that.'

Comment

• Dr. Doom
                    Dr. Doom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow! multiple-story tent cities !!
                    Over my direction, overpasses are for motorcycles pulling off underneath, and getting close to the wall
                    for safety during hard rains, wind and rain, or tornadoes!
                    It's no fun, but.......

Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

For an increasing number of Americans, the country has already collapsed. Or it is currently collapsing and they're in that cornered squirrel oscillation. Jump off and strive for self-sufficiency. Or dive back into the job market and try to fatten your 401K for another decade. Most are somewhere between those extremes.

I have family in LA. Every overpass is a tent city condo, some even use scaffolding to get more levels. It's incredible. But it can't be sustained. For them, the overpass is both protection from rain and a constant reminder that the people zooming by overhead are getting on with their lives. While you languish.

Check out this film:
                  https://mubi.com/films/two-plains-a-fancy/trailer

It was shot on 16mm film and portrays an 1893 encounter with time travelers, or something like that.'
                  Coming from an outsider, so take my opinion with a grain (or pile) of salt, but I think the democrats really fucked up by portraying the diehard Trump supporters as simply ignorant racists. A lot of them are ignorant racists, but that doesn't automatically invalidate all of their concerns.

A lot of people had legitimate complaints about feeling "left behind" in America, and Trump was the choice where they could at least feel like they were trying something different. I think a lot of them would have voted for Sanders if he was in the running. After he got into power, they doubled down because at least he makes them feel like they're winning, even if he is actually just accelerating the concentration of wealth at the top.

Under Sanders, the Democrats could have run a campaign that pointed out how rural white voters were being fucked over by the same people and policies that were fucking over black people in cities, recent immigrants, hell, even undocumented immigrants.

There is more than enough money to go around, but instead of bringing together all of these different groups to work together to get some of that money back for themselves, they tried to run a business-as-usual campaign and it crashed and burned.

Clinton's deplorables comment probably clinched the election for Trump, in retrospect. And it isn't that she was necessarily wrong - a lot of the core Trump supporters hold some pretty gross views that the majority of people disagree with, but it isn't every one of them and it doesn't mean that they aren't right when they complain about getting fucked over.

Rather than uniting all of the different groups of people on the losing side of American capitalism to fight against the actual problem - the uber rich assholes in charge - instead of each other, the Democrats poured fuel on the fire. Poor white people feel like they are on the losing end of the American system and are pissed off at poor brown and black people (and vice versa), which is exactly what the aforementioned rich assholes want.

Sorry, that was long and rambling but editing on my phone sucks.

Comment

• WritersPanic
                    WritersPanic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Poor white Americans are tired of people looking down their noses at them while simultaneously deriding them for having privilege because of their color. And most of the assholes delivering this message are also pushing the narrative that black Americans can't be racists. Which pulls double-duty as lies go. First of all, it plays to insecurities. And second, it promotes supremacy by suggesting that one race is more benevolent than another, because of skin color.

It's preposterous on its face, but somehow it has become politically expedient to keep pushing it so it gains more traction than the truth. In reality white Americans are nowhere near as racist as they are portrayed as being. Or the conversation in this country would be very different. Look how many of them are joining things like BLM. Sure, they're virtue signaling, but that has become the hard currency of the left.

Also, I don't think the deplorables comment gained as much traction as the media portrayed. I think Hillary lost because she failed to campaign enough. And when she did it was obviously staged. She insulated herself completely from anything similar to a hard question. I was sick of both sides, so I was going to vote for Bernie or Trump. They were both the closest to antiestablishment candidates we have seen in decades.

Neither Democrats or Republicans care about us. They care about our vote, the same way a flee cares for a dog. But no one will ever admit or even realize that. They are rich and entitled and don't represent their constituents. Name one poor member of Congress. Name someone who has a real job, like we do.

Comment

• Dr. Doom
                    Dr. Doom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This, for prob. 85- 90% of them is true, unfortunately. I know it's not fashionable to see Trump is doing positive things...but he really has tried. Until Big Brother cut society down w/the C19 this year. It is just the beginning of a far uglier picture of more powerful folks than Trump "swinging the chain". He is our last hope before we surrender our lives to .... well I think we all understand.

Totalitarianism. It could have been much better, but power corrupts. Someone w/ the power said three years ago on tv that Trump "will not end his time in office on a positive note".
                    Last edited by Dr. Doom; 10-11-2020, 10:00 AM.

Quote- Poor white Americans are tired of people looking down their noses at them while simultaneously deriding them for having privilege because of their color. And most of the assholes delivering this message are also pushing the narrative that black Americans can't be racists. Which pulls double-duty as lies go. First of all, it plays to insecurities. And second, it promotes supremacy by suggesting that one race is more benevolent than another, because of skin color.

It's preposterous on its face, but somehow it has become politically expedient to keep pushing it so it gains more traction than the truth. In reality white Americans are nowhere near as racist as they are portrayed as being. Or the conversation in this country would be very different. Look how many of them are joining things like BLM. Sure, they're virtue signaling, but that has become the hard currency of the left.

^^ Thank you!

This is how it is. Yes white americans, are Damn sick and tired of all that shit. I have a vid I saved last night, I'll put it here tomorrow.

Time for bed... but this vid has a black man narrating JB's speeches, 30+ min. but worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                  X