Maybe the End of the USA as We Know it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the End of the USA as We Know it.

Biden/Harris plan to open the borders and allow the free flow of illegal immigrants. They also plan to pardon all illegal immigrants currently in the USA. This could amount to approximately 30 million new Americans who in the next election will naturally vote Democrat. End of story as far as democracy is concerned.
    "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

Do they really want open borders though? I just googled it and got a bunch of results saying otherwise. Just like when I googled the claims that they want a live birth abortions free for all.

Also, are you really implying that democracy was a thing here up until now?

Comment

• SpaceMan
      SpaceMan commented
      Editing a comment
      you have to look into their platform deeper

like they wont technically say open borders because that would make it too obvious...instead they say things like "no wall" or "abolish ICE"....what would you say about a country with no border walls and no enforcement ?....would you say its a closed border country?..or an open border country?

• eggsprog
      eggsprog commented
      Editing a comment
      SpaceMan We don't have border walls. We don't have a militarized police force responsible for protecting the border. Seems to work pretty well here.

Yes I am implying that America was a democratic county with the emphasis on was. One thing I've learned in my life is not to believe much of what is said/implied by all the media after any election.
    "The embers of our past lives lie smouldering within us awaiting the winds of remembrance to fan them in flames of reality." Dax.

Comment

OHHHHHH NOOOOOS

Comment

Haha your signature

Comment

This is just ridiculous.
          Neither Biden nor Harris are very far Left at all.
          And Harris abandoned any progressive positions she previously had, so she could be VP.

They're both big supporters of law enforcement and there's no way they would want to have open borders.
          Of course, nobody has ever seriously suggested unregulated open borders, not even Bernie or The Squad.

Every worry expressed in this thread is just fearmongering by conservative media and politicians.
          None of it exists in reality.

Comment

• 6-eyed
            6-eyed commented
            Editing a comment
            What law enforcement agencies have endorsed the Biden Harris ticket?

• Kick Frenzy
            Kick Frenzy commented
            Editing a comment
            The National Coalition of Justice Practitioners - The NCJP is comprised of over 10,000 of the nation's leading, high-ranking, decorated law enforcement professionals on the Federal, State and municipal levels who have been on the frontlines fighting for police reform for decades.

Also over 190 law enforcement officials separately endorsed Biden.

Not that endorsement defines whether Biden supports law enforcement.
            We already know his position, he wants to increase funding for police and provide more resources to them.

Omg make it stop

Comment

Originally posted by everything bagel View Post
            Omg make it stop
            "It" ironically being the most likely thing to actually bring about the downfall of democracy in the US

(Misinformation and ignorance)

Comment

SpaceMan most countries don't have border walls, they're just not a particularly efficient way to prevent illegal immigration. I don't know much about ICE but I have seen a handful of stories about shady and even illegal practices by them, I would assume the platform is more about immigration enforcement reform rather than not enforcing anything.

Comment

• SpaceMan
                SpaceMan commented
                Editing a comment
                different borders and different countries have different circumstances

like for example canada could use a wall between us and the US but generally the people dont try to sneak south so a wall would be no benefit for your side

I haven't figured out why more of us don't try to sneak into Mexico myself.

Comment

• Din Djarin
                Din Djarin commented
                Editing a comment
                Because you only speak 'gringo'!

Originally posted by Undies View Post
              I haven't figured out why more of us don't try to sneak into Mexico myself.
              Good question. President Obrador of Mexico is quite the guy who’d appeal to the “Orange Man Bad” crowd.

So you’d think they’d all rush the boarder to sneak over to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post

Good question. President Obrador of Mexico is quite the guy who’d appeal to the “Orange Man Bad” crowd.

So you’d think they’d all rush the boarder to sneak over to Mexico.
                you know, some people make decisions based on things other than politics. i mostly just like the weather down there.

plus, it seems like there's not so much government oversight into people's daily lives, which would theoretically appeal to the "i swing my gun at mask wearers" crowd.

Comment

The only requirements for living in the US should be to pay your own way and mind your own business. Who really cares where a person if from, what language they speak, what their religion is or what color they are? If they are working and paying their taxes that's good enough. I do think, however, to qualify for citizenship one should be required to have a good knowledge of American culture and history. And lessons in civic responsibilities also. Those are things that most people born with US citizenship either don't receive or neglect.

Comment

kamala made it clear she supports free healthcare for illegals...have fun working to pay for that in the next 4 years

Comment

If America is so weak that all it will take is a centrist administration to destroy it than maybe it needs to be destroyed.

All I'm seeing here is Republican scare tactics. Any wall would be useless since if you pay attention to the news from near the border about every 6 months they find another elaborate tunnel with elevators, and ventilation that are used for drug smuggling. The thing is if you can get someone walking through with drugs you can get humans through there. Add to that the fact that most illegal immigrants that are in the US came here legally and just overstayed their visas. Then there's the fact that the drug cartels in Mexico don't just deal with drugs. From what I've read for about $1,000 US you can get an official passport from a corrupt agent, and a one way plane ticket to the US and make the cartels more money. On top of that due to geography, legal hurdles (there are still lawsuits going back to the Bush administration by ranchers in the ranching industry in Texas who own ranches that straddle the border), add to that the whole states rights thing where if states don want a wall in their states there's another set of lawsuits, then there's the environmentalist crowd who will sue to get environmental impact studies done before construction begins which is common in any major construction project. Let's not forget Indigenous Rights. There is at least one Reservation on the border that straddles it. You can expect lawsuits over that too. Those should tie up that stupid wall project for a couple of decades. Plus anything Trump did with an Executive Order can be undone with an Executive Order. Now I bet you're getting pissed about how much power has been ceded to the executive branch.

No one has said anything about opening borders or abolishing ICE. Use some common sense. Even at that if you understood basic civics even if Biden wanted to do it he would need majority support in the house and senate. Good luck with that.

The holes in the American Education system are showing.

C/S,
                      Rev J

Comment

Working...
                      X